Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

Global Site menu?

16 Jul 2008, 18:09

Will there be a global site menu in the near future? I've seen a few others ask for it as well.

The flash file could be embedded in an HTML file with it's own menu, but that will negate the benefits of deep linking, right?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Global Site menu?

17 Jul 2008, 04:02

markam24 wrote:Will there be a global site menu in the near future? I've seen a few others ask for it as well.
There certainly will be, although we are still considering exactly how to do it. Now, the admin supports "create page"(opposed to create folder), so the sitemenu can either be integrated into the main menu, or we can create an independent sitemenu like that we had with V1.
markam24 wrote:The flash file could be embedded in an HTML file with it's own menu, but that will negate the benefits of deep linking, right?
You mean if you embed the SWF gallery into a custom HTML page? Not quite sure what you mean "with it's own menu". Deep linking is based on a javascript, and I'm sure it can be adapted to work on custom pages also, as long as the specific javascript(SWFAddress) is included.

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Global Site menu?

17 Jul 2008, 16:43

mjau-mjau wrote:
markam24 wrote:Will there be a global site menu in the near future? I've seen a few others ask for it as well.
There certainly will be, although we are still considering exactly how to do it. Now, the admin supports "create page"(opposed to create folder), so the sitemenu can either be integrated into the main menu, or we can create an independent sitemenu like that we had with V1.
markam24 wrote:The flash file could be embedded in an HTML file with it's own menu, but that will negate the benefits of deep linking, right?
You mean if you embed the SWF gallery into a custom HTML page? Not quite sure what you mean "with it's own menu". Deep linking is based on a javascript, and I'm sure it can be adapted to work on custom pages also, as long as the specific javascript(SWFAddress) is included.
I meant the flash could be embedded within an HTML page which has an HTML header. I have very little javascript knowledge though and woulnd't know how to make deep linking into the flash gallery bring the URL up within an html page.

A Global Flash menu would be much preferred, glad to hear it's on the drawing board. I'll look into the create page function you've mentioned in the meantime -;)

Thanks. Use Guyz ROCK -;)

markam24
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Jul 2008, 16:49

I see the text page correction does at an option to the menu, but it doesn't work in the flash gallery. Is this slated for the near future?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Jul 2008, 18:49

markam24 wrote:I see the text page correction does at an option to the menu, but it doesn't work in the flash gallery. Is this slated for the near future?
Exactly. This feature in the admin provides the fundament for creating pages in imagevue, or any other gallery/application we may want to create. We will be looking into some options here for the V2 gallery soon of course.