X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

Sort images not working?

05 Sep 2017, 15:59

Servus mjau-mjau,

in the meanwhile i did already upload a lot of pics. Now i tried to sort them in a different order (by date, name, cusom).
Within the panel the sort order did Change, after selecting a different sort order type. But it does not have any impact on the live homepage.

Here i always have the same sort order. Is there any dirty trick i need to know?  :wink:

Cheers
Nico

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Sort images not working?

06 Sep 2017, 01:08

You will need to custom sort the images AND select "custom" under sorting options in the page gallery settings. If you have already done this and it still doesn't work, I will require link to the page in mention and perhaps panel login.

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Sep 2017, 13:52

mjau-mjau wrote:You will need to custom sort the images AND select "custom" under sorting options in the page gallery settings.
Hi mjau-mjau,
this was the missing action. Now it's working. It's a little bit confusing if you can custom sort the images, but addtionally you have to modify the view settings in the Gallery options.

Anyway, it's fixed now.  :thumbsup:

THX

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2017, 04:53

Niggoh wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:It's a little bit confusing if you can custom sort the images, but addtionally you have to modify the view settings in the Gallery options.
I agree it's confusing, but if we automatically sort by custom, how would a user change sort order back to "sort by name"? We could perhaps add a dialog that appears after custom sort, asking if the user wants to change to sort method to custom. Will think about it ...

Niggoh
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Sep 2017, 16:44

mjau-mjau wrote:
Niggoh wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:It's a little bit confusing if you can custom sort the images, but addtionally you have to modify the view settings in the Gallery options.
We could perhaps add a dialog that appears after custom sort, asking if the user wants to change to sort method to custom. Will think about it ...
Yeah, a short notification could be helpful here.  :clap:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Nov 2017, 11:29

Since release X3.24.0, if you drag images into custom order, the page's "sort by" setting will automatically change to "custom".
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9445