Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

lanhl
Topic Author

The thumbnails can't display.

27 Jun 2016, 05:53

Hi
I've purchased X3 yesterday, and doing some test today, got some questions.

the gallery folder, thumbnails can't display all of them, for example, there are 10 images in a folder, when I open the page in Chrome or Edge, only 5 images can display the thumbnails, I clear the caches and refresh the page, still the same, even I wait for 5 mins, still can not load all of them.
I checked the settings, and tools, try "Update Preview Images" "Clear Page Cache" "Preload Site Object", always the same.

how to Disable the Google fonts services in the front page and the panel?
because in China, the Google services is not good to use.
Thanks a lot.
My test gallery: http://stills.hailin.me
Attachments
Gallery1.jpg
Gallery1.jpg (148.55 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
Gallery2.jpg
Gallery2.jpg (154.37 KiB) Viewed 3513 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: The thumbnails can't display.

27 Jun 2016, 09:02

lanhl wrote:1.
the gallery folder, thumbnails can't display all of them, for example, there are 10 images in a folder, when I open the page in Chrome or Edge, only 5 images can display the thumbnails, I clear the caches and refresh the page, still the same, even I wait for 5 mins, still can not load all of them.
I checked the settings, and tools, try "Update Preview Images" "Clear Page Cache" "Preload Site Object", always the same.
This isn't cache or PHP or browsers ... It's your server simply outputting "500 server error" for some reason:
I tried to load multiple times in Chrome incognito tab, and it's entirely random ... sometimes 1 error, sometimes 3. Sorry, your server is simply misconfigured, under-powered, or incapable of handling multiple requests at the same time. These images would be cached anyway.

You can try to empty the /app/_cache/request/ folder, but this is not a long-term solution. The issue will likely happen again ...
lanhl wrote:2.
Hmm, I will need to look into this for NEXT release ...

For now, you will need to overwrite fonts from settings -> custom -> custom CSS, and simply let the Google font-load fail silently in the background.

lanhl
Topic Author

27 Jun 2016, 10:46

Thanks for reply.
Yes, it's entirely random! makes me crazy!
I emptied cache folder, don't work. I'll try to contact the hosting admin, check it.

Can you tell me the specific Custom CSS code to Disable the Google fonts? thanks again.

lanhl
Topic Author

27 Jun 2016, 11:11

Hi,
I checked the hosting "Resource Usage Details",
this is the last hour usage,
when I open the gallery page, the "Virtual Memory" will soon up to 1024MB, the MAX limited. so I got 500 err.
there are 34 images in the folder, total size is 14.5MB, why they are take so many VM resource? Is there any wrong settings?
Attachments
usage.jpg
usage.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 3502 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Jun 2016, 18:00

May I ask who the host is? Sorry, but this server does not seem properly setup, and at best, the memory amount stated is "fluctuating" and inconsistent. Your server should write an ERROR LOG somewhere ...

Looks like it can't handle multiple PHP requests at the same time, even for cached images.

X3 does NOT use a lot of resources. The only time it uses resources, is when resizing the images for the first time ... It certainly doesn't use many resources outside this.
lanhl wrote:Hi,
I checked the hosting "Resource Usage Details",
this is the last hour usage,
when I open the gallery page, the "Virtual Memory" will soon up to 1024MB, the MAX limited. so I got 500 err.
there are 34 images in the folder, total size is 14.5MB, why they are take so many VM resource? Is there any wrong settings?
What can I say? This is a super simple image resize script, that all other servers can handle fine, as long as you have sufficient memory (normally minimum 128M).

This is our own DV server, hosting 10 X3 websites, peaking at 4% CPU:

You have to ask your host: Why on your server, do you get "500 internal server error", on the following requests on the page http://stills.hailin.me/Travel/HongKong/
They should AT LEAST have an error log. It doesn't require much memory to resize those images. It's interesting that one can access the images from browser though (for example http://stills.hailin.me/render/w640-q90 ... G_4497.jpg), which seems to indicate your server struggles with multiple calls within a short time period.

You need the error log for those errors ...

lanhl
Topic Author

28 Jun 2016, 01:15

Thanks for reply.
The hosting provide by a small company, server located in HongKong, I use this for my Wordpress blog, couple years, not bad.
and I tested X2 2.8.10 before, running well :cry: :cry:

This is the error log:
[Tue Jun 28 00:08:34.904342 2016] [:error] [pid 722630:tid 140073894926080] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 183.228.50.212:10294] couldn't create child process: /usr/local/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/lanhl/domains/hailin.me/public_html/stills/app/parsers/slir/index.php, referer: http://stills.hailin.me/

The server info I can see:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
Processor Speed (MHz) 3292.351
Total Memory 16269148 kB
Free Memory 1221960 kB
Total Swap Memory 16383996 kB
Free Swap Memory 13971384 kB
System Uptime 168 Days, 16 Hours and 19 Minutes

"Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours
Memory resources were limited for your site"
I got this now......

I can't finger out what's wrong this is. I asked the admin of the hosting, the server total usage is not fully.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Jun 2016, 17:10

lanhl wrote:This is the error log:
[Tue Jun 28 00:08:34.904342 2016] [:error] [pid 722630:tid 140073894926080] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 183.228.50.212:10294] couldn't create child process: /usr/local/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/lanhl/domains/hailin.me/public_html/stills/app/parsers/slir/index.php, referer: http://stills.hailin.me/
This is definitely related, so I would ask the host about these errors. Looks like it could be permissions related ... If it says "cannot allocate memory", then there should a note of how much memory it is trying to use, and how much is allowed ... Resizing a few medium-sized images does not require a lot of memory.

X3 has been tested 1-2 years now, and there has been some issues with memory, but this is always because of over-sized images vs server memory limit. It would then return an error looking like this, which easily explains how much too large the images are vs the memory available:
Code
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of ****** bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate ****** bytes) in /home/etc/website
lanhl wrote:and I tested X2 2.8.10 before, running well :cry: :cry:
X2 loaded one image at a time. X3 does "parallel loading", which is necessary and much faster, but it's your servers job to queue requests appropriately without creating errors. It is clearly the image resize script, and multiple requests ... Any normal shared server can handle that.

lanhl
Topic Author

28 Jun 2016, 23:55

Thanks.
I contacted the server admin, maybe try another server, see what's happen.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Jun 2016, 07:19

Good luck!
lanhl wrote:Can you tell me the specific Custom CSS code to Disable the Google fonts? thanks again.
For now, you can't disable the Google fonts load process, but you can overwrite the font style. For example:
Code
body {
  font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif !important;
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2016, 13:28

lanhl wrote:2.
With X3 Release [0.19], it is now possible to disable Google fonts entirely.

Simply navigate to settings -> style -> font, and select "none" in the dropdown list. Font will default to "Helvetia Neue", and you can instead set your own fonts (font-family) from settings -> custom -> custom CSS, or include your own stylesheet in settings -> custom -> custom <head>.