Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

bogomaz
Topic Author

Name prefix for Assets Folder

09 Dec 2015, 17:55

Hello, Karl!
I want to create on the home page list of recent updates, all sections of the site. To do this I add new albums into one folder (example: galleries/). Maybe add fields to the Assets Folder name prefix? Then don't will need twice to create the menu. It can also be done for the Gallery.
Or is there another solution for list of recent updates?
Attachments
2015-12-10-01.30.07.jpg
2015-12-10-01.30.07.jpg (193.88 KiB) Viewed 5421 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Name prefix for Assets Folder

09 Dec 2015, 22:40

Maybe add fields to the Assets Folder name prefix?
Sorry, but Im not quite sure what you mean. You want to be able to add "assets" to the home page by "tagging" certain folders, instead of adding them inside a folder? This is complicated, because that would require X3 to "search" through the entire folder structure to find assets ... Now it just looks inside the assigned assets folder. Furthermore, how would you assign assets to a folder (start page)?

Also, normally the assets would point to folders you already have. In your case it seems like you need to add folders to point to other folder around in your website. That's ok, but to create such selected index of folders, you really need to create and maintain them inside a folder.

bogomaz
Topic Author

10 Dec 2015, 02:59

Not so. You already it works. I want child folders to see only the folders corresponding to the specified condition (the prefix). Now I see all the child folders or galleries.
Sorry for my English))

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Dec 2015, 09:50

bogomaz wrote:Not so. You already it works. I want child folders to see only the folders corresponding to the specified condition (the prefix). Now I see all the child folders or galleries.
Sorry for my English))
You mean you only want to display SOME of the children inside a folder?

bogomaz
Topic Author

10 Dec 2015, 13:42

yes.
Then I can store all the galleries in one place and show list of recent updates on the home page.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Dec 2015, 23:37

bogomaz wrote:yes.
Then I can store all the galleries in one place and show list of recent updates on the home page.
Why not use the limit setting in the page folders setting? This will allow you to display only the last X amount of folders from the assets.

bogomaz
Topic Author

11 Dec 2015, 03:19

I'm doing this. Just wanted to have a way to not generate Folder Aliases.
So my idea is not obvious ((. So no need to do it. Thank you, Karl. You do a very good job! Waiting for the release.

bogomaz
Topic Author

11 Dec 2015, 03:49

Not to make a lot of topics. A small mistake. Counter shows total number of folders, if you specify a limit. In my example should show 5/5.
Attachments
2015-12-11-11.41.10.jpg
2015-12-11-11.41.10.jpg (198.57 KiB) Viewed 5387 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Dec 2015, 04:14

bogomaz wrote:Not to make a lot of topics. A small mistake. Counter shows total number of folders, if you specify a limit. In my example should show 5/5.
Hmmm strange ... Will look into this.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Dec 2015, 23:30

bogomaz wrote:Not to make a lot of topics. A small mistake. Counter shows total number of folders, if you specify a limit. In my example should show 5/5.
Just checking through some noted issues, and I can't reproduce this locally. Do you have a link to a page where this issue exists?

bogomaz
Topic Author

29 Dec 2015, 06:59

mjau-mjau wrote:
Just checking through some noted issues, and I can't reproduce this locally. Do you have a link to a page where this issue exists?
replied in a personal message

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Dec 2015, 10:19

Ok, I see what is going on here.
bogomaz wrote:Link - *******.**/x3/
Here you are using a combination of slideshow for gallery, and vertical layout for folders. Essentially, the scroll-nav is only supposed to be used for the vertical layout. In this case, it is displaying for your folders, but also counting images in the slideshow. Will try to fix ...
bogomaz wrote:and yet - *******.**/x3/*******/*****/*******_****/
here, the counter counts all the elements: Image and folders.
Yes. Two things though: First of all, the image-nav was not meant to be used for the columns-layout like that, and personally I don't think it works very well. The only reasons it is displaying in the first place, is because you also have a vertical layout for folder. Second, it is quite unusual to display both folders AND images on the same page. That is not intuitive organizing of content for the visitor: Basically I am on "singing in the rain", watching images from this category, but then also have subfolders inside SITR for totally separate categories?
bogomaz wrote:I think you need to make an album as one unit (?).
They are one unit, and thats why it works on this page, but also why it breaks on the slideshow page. The little scrollnav widget was not planned for combining gallery and folders, with different layouts.
bogomaz wrote:Also see how the separator is placed. It is after the last picture, but should be after module gallery.
Yes, of course you are using separators between each folder-item also ... The reason it is not working correctly, is because the columns-layout is a bit special, and depends on "absolute" positioning of images. I will look into this also at some point, but our first priority is to fix bugs.

Will certainly be looking into the scrollnav issue on the first page, when slideshow is active. The logical issue is generally that you have selected a scroll mechanism that is not incompatible with slideshow, and only tries to display in the first place because it combines all items.

bogomaz
Topic Author

31 Dec 2015, 08:50

Karl, I purchased the license and now I want to install the latest version of the release. Once I finish I will answer all that again will not work. OK? Thank you! And a happy new year!