X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

popup

20 Jan 2015, 06:51

the pictures in my popup have a bug

the first pic can i open ..i dont see it ..
the other pictures have bad qually or pixel the bug is random .. have no idea what is the problem ..
you want me add in facebook i can send you a video from this ..

the car "smart" in attach have good sharp qually and this popup have pixel and this line in the middle is not on the orginal picture!

i have see the gallery have problems to pictures file names .. this not so good .. pictues who have a empty place in name not dispay .. and the symbol + pictures not display.. sample: myDog+me.jpg not display and myDog eat.jpg not display

other tropic is menu have the sample name: 2.Graphic Design this give not display and the side give a 404 ! this not so nice i have many words what look so .. Vector Graphic or Wrapping Designs .. i must all edit in .. Graphics or Vectors or Wrapping .. this not so fine ..

so back to the other ..

the popup .. pls add a function to disable popup .. not all pictures want in popup open .. still pictures!

i hope you understand ..

greez
Attachments
Unbenannt-1.jpg
Unbenannt-1.jpg (189.4 KiB) Viewed 6665 times
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: popup

20 Jan 2015, 06:56

here a good sample of my problem ..
Attachments
Unbenannt-2.jpg
Unbenannt-2.jpg (61.91 KiB) Viewed 6665 times
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jan 2015, 10:11

Better if you can give a link instead of trying to explain the error?

masquefotos
Experienced

20 Jan 2015, 11:47

I imagine it will be the error firefox
http://mjau-mjau.com/albums/animals/?pop:Felagi

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Jan 2015, 12:49

Same error as reported earlier today ... It's somehow related to Firefox and transform (which is used in the popup). I will have this fixed for next release, regardless if we have the new popup implemented yet or not.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Feb 2015, 01:32

Just to close this issue, the firefox popup bug has been fixed and is pending for release in X3 v0.9 later this week. The fix is achieved by removing the 3D transform animation, which did not provide any functional benefits. Furthermore, the entire current popup slideshow module will be replaced with in v0.10.

Martin
Experienced

10 Feb 2015, 07:59

mjau-mjau wrote:Furthermore, the entire current popup slideshow module will be replaced with in v0.10.
Not already in v0.9?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Feb 2015, 22:53

Martin wrote:Not already in v0.9?
Not unless we want to delay 0.9 release with several days ... The current popup is not broken, and I feel it's time to get a release out. Was there any specific popup feature you were expecting?

illunis
Experienced

11 Feb 2015, 00:49

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:Not already in v0.9?
Not unless we want to delay 0.9 release with several days ... The current popup is not broken, and I feel it's time to get a release out. Was there any specific popup feature you were expecting?
I am sorry but the current popup is broken when someone uses the URL to share it in facebook as i do...

the

/?pop:SOME

becomes

/?pop%3ASOME

and of course it does not display the image

BUT i will agree that it is time for a new release to come out since i would like to see the new styler !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2015, 01:58

illunis wrote:I am sorry but the current popup is broken when someone uses the URL to share it in facebook as i do...

the

becomes

/?pop%3ASOME

I will fix this for v0.9 also ...

Martin
Experienced

11 Feb 2015, 02:26

mjau-mjau wrote:Was there any specific popup feature you were expecting?
After rereading this thread I noticed that I didn't get it right.
You mention the 'popup slideshow' and I was thinking about the 'popup viewer'
But maybe that one is not on the list of changes.

My problem with the 'popup viewer' is that, when viewing an image, the background gallery is shining through (around the image).
I think it's distracting.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2015, 05:09

Martin wrote:You mention the 'popup slideshow' and I was thinking about the 'popup viewer'
But maybe that one is not on the list of changes.
I think we are speaking of the same thing, generally referred to as the "popup" window that overlays the entire website when an image is clicked ...
Martin wrote:My problem with the 'popup viewer' is that, when viewing an image, the background gallery is shining through (around the image).
I think it's distracting.
That is not a bug though, and we even changed the opacity from 0.8 to 0.9 to make it less transparent. The opacity is used to give the sense of context, and even facebook uses such transparency https://d.pr/i/18BAk. You can easily change the default opacity with custom css ... Just add the following in your panel -> custom/css/
Code
.mfp-ready.mfp-bg {
  opacity: 1 !important;
}

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2015, 06:00

illunis wrote:I am sorry but the current popup is broken when someone uses the URL to share it in facebook as i do...

the

becomes

/?pop%3ASOME

This has now been fixed, and we have changed the method slightly also: Instead of ?pop:name, we now use a more standardized ?popup=name, which does not break on social sharing. I would like to note however, the popup link pattern may change again in a future release ... Sharing an image from the popup is not really true image sharing, because technically it is just sharing the album page with a reference to the image ID, which is then loaded by Javascript.

Martin
Experienced

11 Feb 2015, 06:04

mjau-mjau wrote:The opacity is used to give the sense of context, and even facebook uses such transparency...
Ah... great, thanks!
Looks better... feels better :-)

Well, one could argue who or what needs a 'sense of context'.
Facebook wants it because, I think, they don't want you loose the mentally connection with FB.

When someone is viewing my images I don't want a sense of context, I'll want them to 'loose themselves' in the image :-)

Btw: I changed the background-color, suits me even better:
Code
.mfp-ready.mfp-bg {
  background-color: rgb(240,240,240);
  opacity: 1 !important;
}
Addtional question:
Do you think it is possible to put a border around the image?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Feb 2015, 10:32

Martin wrote:Ah... great, thanks!
Looks better... feels better :-)
After closer inspection, you might have a valid point ... I have changed the default opacity to 0.98.
Martin wrote:Addtional question:
Do you think it is possible to put a border around the image?
Yes, but keep in mind since the image goes from top to bottom, the frame will not have any margin. Try this:
Code
.mfp-image {
  border: 10px solid white;
}