X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

Zoom Issue

30 Mar 2011, 09:38

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this little issue yet, but here goes

On my site, I have given the next and previous navigation arrows a slight yellowish color so they stand out a little more (and match the rest of my site). You can see them here in the 1st photo
NoZoom.jpg
No zoom
NoZoom.jpg (47.51 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Problem is, when you zoom into the photo, a yellowish tint appears whenever the photo is zoomed into (2nd photo)
Zoom.jpg
Zoomed Photo
Zoom.jpg (47.17 KiB) Viewed 7487 times
Seems the tinted zoom color is coming from whatever color is set in Themes.Controls.Largecontrols.Color

It's a tiny issue, but if it's fixable that would be nice

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Zoom Issue

31 Mar 2011, 03:27

May I have a link to your gallery? Those colored background areas only appear when you are hovering over either the left or right navigation area. They are intended to be there when in full zoom mode to make the navigation stand out for the user. Arrows alone will often get lost when simply hovering above an image alone ... I don't see how this would hurt the visitor, as it must be obvious that this indicates that they are hovering over a clickable area to go to next or previous image ...

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Mar 2011, 09:49

If they were showing up when I hovered over them, I could understand that, but that's not the case on my site. They show up permanently no matter where the mouse focus is. The mouse doesn't even have to be in the browser window. I am use the mouse wheel to zoom - not the actual zoom icons on the page. Typically, The tinted bars show up after the first zoom on a normal landscape-type photo. The tinted area seems to show up when the photo touches (or exceeds) the left or right border of the gallery area.

This problem happens on all my photos, HERE is a link to an example

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Apr 2011, 03:06

I checked it out, and this is because you have set autohide=false, so the arrow-buttons (including the backdrop) will always be visible in scaled mode. I can understand this is not how you want it, but this is how it is integrated as you can't have autohide off for arrows, but have the backdrops autohide, as they are basically the same element.

I will see if I can add a fix for this in upcoming release.

sprocket
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Apr 2011, 09:13

Thanks Karl, I switch the autohide=true (settings.controls.largecontrols.autohide), and that makes the situation a little better. At least now the tinted areas only show up when the mouse hovers over them. Thanks for looking into this.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Apr 2011, 08:44

This is fixed for Imagevue X2.7 coming soon, if you want to revert to autohide=false ...