Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jasonmerlo
Topic Author

a few questions

06 Mar 2010, 15:51

I built my site last year and haven't fooled with it for a while. Looking at it recently I decided to make changes to it.

1. I uploaded a .png file with a transparent background for my startpage image, but somehow a white background is being added. Why is this happening?

2. Also, on my main menu I have some subfolders within the main folders. My menu is showing all the time. When I click on folder>subfolder and the gallery appears, I want the subfolder name on the main menu to disappear after I click on it. How can I do that?

3. I want to sort the subfolders within a folder but the software won't let me for some reason. How can I do this?

thanks

jasonmerlo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Mar 2010, 04:25

1. Sorry, transparent PNG files are not supported in flash when you load them normally like external files. The only way you can achieve to keep the transparency, is to first import the PNG into flash, and then export it as a SWF, and then load the SWF as background.

2. You want the name to disappear? ... or you mean you want that sublevel to collapse? so the menu is minimized again? I dont think there is a setting for that - I think you may annoy the user if you always close a sublevel while she/he is browsing through the pages. Say you have this
level1
---- sublevel1
---- sublevel2
---- sublevel3

If the user is clicking sublevel1, it closes? And then what if they wanna click on to sublevel2?

jasonmerlo
Topic Author

08 Mar 2010, 18:46

1. ok, tried exporting as .swf, still has a white background. When you say load as background, you mean I have to save it as my background image? I only want it to appear at the start, so I have uploaded the .swf to my "start" folder.

2. Ok, I can see your point, but I still think it would look cleaner if the subgalleries collapsed. I see sites like that all the time. For example, www.bobkrist.com

3. what about sorting subfolders?

4. also having trouble with editing my css sheet. When I make changes they don't appear immediately. Is it supposed to be like this? For instance I made a change and it took and hour or so for it to become effective on my site.

5. how can I hide the folder titles on the the thumbnail view but keep the image titles visible? Right now I have autoTitling unchecked to keep the folder names from appearing but it's removing the title from everything.

Felix J
Experienced

09 Mar 2010, 05:02

jasonmerlo wrote:1. ok, tried exporting as .swf, still has a white background. When you say load as background, you mean I have to save it as my background image? I only want it to appear at the start, so I have uploaded the .swf to my "start" folder.

2. Ok, I can see your point, but I still think it would look cleaner if the subgalleries collapsed. I see sites like that all the time. For example, www.bobkrist.com

3. what about sorting subfolders?

4. also having trouble with editing my css sheet. When I make changes they don't appear immediately. Is it supposed to be like this? For instance I made a change and it took and hour or so for it to become effective on my site.

5. how can I hide the folder titles on the the thumbnail view but keep the image titles visible? Right now I have autoTitling unchecked to keep the folder names from appearing but it's removing the title from everything.

3. Well... If you dont want to have the folders in alphabetical order then you will have to rename the folder names, since there is (what I know of) no feature that let you make this without needed to rename folder names. If I understood correctly this feature is not implemented yet - http://imagevue.uservoice.com/forums/27 ... ?ref=title

4. What browser are you using? Are you sure you cleared your browser cache? Have you tried different browsers and still the same?

5. I don't understand what you want to do here.
ArtGallerix - Painting Gallery!
Felix Jacobson Photo - Personal Gallery!

jasonmerlo
Topic Author

09 Mar 2010, 08:11

4. Firefox, I think clearing the cache worked.

5. I have a gallery named "Portfolio". When I click on it the thumbnails appear and the word "Portfolio" appears above them. Then when I click on an image the image comes up and the image title appears over the image.

I don't want the word "Portfolio" to appear (or any other folder name to appear) over the thumbnails, but I do want the image titles to appear. How do I make this happen? If you uncheck autoTitling all titles are hidden, which is not what I want.

Any help on #1? I'd really like to get that done.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Mar 2010, 04:55

jasonmerlo wrote:5. I have a gallery named "Portfolio". When I click on it the thumbnails appear and the word "Portfolio" appears above them. Then when I click on an image the image comes up and the image title appears over the image.

I don't want the word "Portfolio" to appear (or any other folder name to appear) over the thumbnails, but I do want the image titles to appear. How do I make this happen? If you uncheck autoTitling all titles are hidden, which is not what I want.
So you want to remove the text over the thumbnails? Go to admin -> settings -> thumbnails.thumbnails.text ... There are a few text-items there, disable them all and click "save"
jasonmerlo wrote:Any help on #1? I'd really like to get that done.
If you have imported the PNG into flash and exported as SWF, it should work. It may have converted the PNG to JPG on export though, to make smaller filesize. Please check your export settings in flash. A good way to check if transparency is preserved, is to put some vector object on a layer below the image. When viewing the SWF after export, if you can see the vector, then the transparency is preserved. Maybe I can take a look if you send me a link?

jasonmerlo
Topic Author

11 Mar 2010, 18:44

the website is www.jasonmerlo.com, is that the link you want?

another question while I've got you, I tried typing some HTML tags into the image titles. <i> worked but <b> did not. why is this? I only want these to apply to a portion of the title, otherwise I'd do it on the stylesheet.

Also, on the title that I typed the tags into, the title displayed within the website ok, but at the top of the browser it appeared just as I had typed it in, ex. <i>image title goes here</i>. Is there a "cleaner" way to do what I want to do? Can I make just the title appear at the top of the browser w/o the HTML tags appearing?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2010, 05:18

mmm yes, this is because by default there is a white frame behind the filemod (your startimage). Go to admin -> settings -> modules.filemod.frame ... DISABLE it!

Not sure about your html tags ... Do you have a direct link to an image where you are using <b> and it is not working?

Unfortunately, titles of images display in the browser bar. We would have to look into a way to strip away html code - I will add it to our list!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re:

24 Nov 2010, 03:06

jasonmerlo wrote:Also, on the title that I typed the tags into, the title displayed within the website ok, but at the top of the browser it appeared just as I had typed it in, ex. <i>image title goes here</i>. Is there a "cleaner" way to do what I want to do? Can I make just the title appear at the top of the browser w/o the HTML tags appearing?
This feature is now fixed, and will be available in a new version pending for release later this week.

Basically, Imagevue strips away <html> tags of the actual Page title <title>, because this can not render html of course ...