Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jul 2009, 07:31

Works here - I click one of your initial thumbnails, and it opens a new windows with a separate gallery.

novel74

10 Jul 2009, 07:35

It's working for me too now :) (IE 8 configuration) !! thanks

oliverh72

22 Jul 2009, 13:03

I just thought I'd follow up on this - I installed ivx v2 yesterday and really wanted a feature where I'd start in a gallery of thumbnails that linked to my various subgalleries. I was a bit disappointed until today when I ran across this post.

I've done exactly as previously stated and it works flawlessly - if the image doesn't have a link specified, it just goes to the image - great!

However, it kept opening the links in new windows, which I didn't want. After reading this post again, I decided to add *_parent to the end of the link... and it works perfect!

Except in IE 8. Hm. Back to square 1 - does anyone have any ideas?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jul 2009, 11:04

I think I will have to add an option for choosing default window. The problem with adding "*_target" after swfaddress links, is that I think perhaps the swfaddress is interpreting them with the _target in the URL. In the meantime, you could try the methology here, although it might not make a difference:
viewtopic.php?t=5348

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Sep 2009, 11:34

oliverh72 wrote:I just thought I'd follow up on this - I installed ivx v2 yesterday and really wanted a feature where I'd start in a gallery of thumbnails that linked to my various subgalleries. I was a bit disappointed until today when I ran across this post.

I've done exactly as previously stated and it works flawlessly - if the image doesn't have a link specified, it just goes to the image - great!

However, it kept opening the links in new windows, which I didn't want. After reading this post again, I decided to add *_parent to the end of the link... and it works perfect!

Except in IE 8. Hm. Back to square 1 - does anyone have any ideas?
I have now added this feature. You can now add internal links to any of your thumbnail LINK fields, and they will open the internal link in the same window. Also, you don ´t have to add "*_parent" in your link, because Imagevue will understand it is an internal link when using the # character. Additionally, it will work flawless in IE8 now ...

If you use a normal link(external link), the new page will by default open in a new window, but you can still use the *asterix character to assign a custom window. Examples for the link field assigned to thumbnails:
Code
#/content/folder/ - Imagevue will go to specified folder by internal linking
https://www.photo.gallery - Imagevue will go to specified link, in _blank window
https://www.photo.gallery*_self - Imagevue will go to specified link, in current window
As earlier, clicking thumbnails where the LINK is not set, will open the file normally. This feature will be in a release coming very very soon.

twholm

03 Oct 2009, 11:40

mjau-mjau wrote:Good question - That should be possible. Follow these instructions:

1. Goto admin -> config -> settings.attributes.image - Add the "link" parameter. Save.

2. Now you can goto admin -> manage, and for every image there is a new field "link" where you can add an external link. For example
https://www.photo.gallery
... or ...
https://www.photo.gallery*_blank (if you want the link to open in a new window)

3. Download the file "imagevue/include/config.xml", and locate the node thumbnails->thumbnail->click ... in the "options" attribute, add "link" so it looks like this:
Code
options="open,window,popup,download,link"
Upload the file

4. Finally, Goto admin -> config -> thumbnails.thumbnail.click - Set it to "link". Save.

Clicking a thumbnail now, should take the user to an external link as you have specified. Keep in mind, this will be a global setting for all thumbnail clicks. You can't have it set on some thumbnails, others not ...
I see several of the forum members her have been able to link up thir thumbs to subgalleries. Well, stupid as I feel, I cant seem to find Goto admin -> config.. is this in admin panel, or in file structure? I cant seem to find it! Help i soo much appreciated. Thnaks :-)
Thomas Wilhelm Holm

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Oct 2009, 01:30

twholm wrote:I see several of the forum members her have been able to link up thir thumbs to subgalleries. Well, stupid as I feel, I cant seem to find Goto admin -> config.. is this in admin panel, or in file structure? I cant seem to find it! Help i soo much appreciated. Thnaks :-)
Sorry, "config" was changed to "settings" in the admin some time ago.

PS! I removed your email address from your post, as it may be picked up by spam bots if you leave it on public pages like this!

twholm

11 Oct 2009, 07:27

mjau-mjau wrote:
twholm wrote:I see several of the forum members her have been able to link up thir thumbs to subgalleries. Well, stupid as I feel, I cant seem to find Goto admin -> config.. is this in admin panel, or in file structure? I cant seem to find it! Help i soo much appreciated. Thnaks :-)
Sorry, "config" was changed to "settings" in the admin some time ago.

PS! I removed your email address from your post, as it may be picked up by spam bots if you leave it on public pages like this!
Thank you, this took me some steps further, but met a problem:

I have set up a small test on this adress: http://www.graphica.no/im_215/
In short, i want to use this very nice software for a model agency, with over 100 models, and want each model in their own subgallery in different categories (as in the current solution at www.model-art.no). In my little test so far, the subgallery thumbnail link (model no1) in the test gallery opens BOTH the subgallery internaly (correct) AND a new window with "undefined" (uncorrect). Since this is such small test, the admin login uses defalt values. If I can be helped out, it would be much appreciated. What is wrong in my configuration?

Thanks so much in advance :-)
Thomas Wilhelm Holm

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Oct 2009, 09:53

Sorry for the late reply - I am not 100% sure what you mean, but let me try ...

Normally, a gallery/folder in the menu only opens if there are files in the folder. Standard setups would therefore have some main folders that keep subfolders(but no files), and then subfolders with files(but no subsubfolders)...

In other words, I am not sure what you are saying about a thumbnail link opening both the subgallery internally and a new window with undefined. Perhaps I just misunderstood - What is the question?

As far as I can see, you only have one folder with the 3 default images, so there are no big surprised going on there as far as I can see ...

twholm

14 Oct 2009, 11:01

mjau-mjau wrote:Sorry for the late reply - I am not 100% sure what you mean, but let me try ...

Normally, a gallery/folder in the menu only opens if there are files in the folder. Standard setups would therefore have some main folders that keep subfolders(but no files), and then subfolders with files(but no subsubfolders)...

In other words, I am not sure what you are saying about a thumbnail link opening both the subgallery internally and a new window with undefined. Perhaps I just misunderstood - What is the question?

As far as I can see, you only have one folder with the 3 default images, so there are no big surprised going on there as far as I can see ...
The link when clicking on the first thumbnail take you to the small subgallery (this is a mini test before implementation, to test correct behaviour). This is CORRECT!
At the SAME time, it opens a new window with the adress: http://www.graphica.no/im_215/undefined - which is NOT CORRECT. I get this in both IE8 and Firefox. I have given you login to chck configuration if neccesary.

Thanks for replying :-)
Thomas Wilhelm Holm

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Oct 2009, 11:32

ahh... I guess I missed some previous dialog in this post as its already 2 pages now ...

What version of Imagevue X2 are you using? Did you try adding your LINK like this -->
Code
#/content/pictures1/*_SELF

twholm

14 Oct 2009, 13:22

mjau-mjau wrote:ahh... I guess I missed some previous dialog in this post as its already 2 pages now ...

What version of Imagevue X2 are you using? Did you try adding your LINK like this -->
Code
#/content/pictures1/*_SELF
When I add the *SELF, the loading "hangs". But when using without *SELF, "#/content/pictures1/pictures2/" - it opens both corrrect internaly, AND a new windows as described in last post. The subfolderfolder "picture2" is hidden. The version is 2.15. The login to see the configuration, is defafault values: http://www.graphica.no/im_215/imagevue/
Thomas Wilhelm Holm

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Oct 2009, 03:52

Hmm you are right ... Let me try this out locally later today, and I will get back to you. I am not sure where it gets the undefined window from.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 Oct 2009, 09:19

Please read my last post here, regarding the fix:
viewtopic.php?t=5618