X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Imagevue X2 FINAL!

25 Dec 2008, 04:52

Merry x2mas!

We have now released Imagevue X2 final! Many of you already know that the beta has been out for a long time, and we want to thank you for being patient! :D The last release dated 20081224 is a huge release, but it is not a revolution. We have simply come to the stage in our development where we don't consider Imagevue X2 to be beta any longer - Core features are integrated, and main mass of bugs are wiped out. See updatelog

What is Imagevue X2? Why not Imagevue V2?
With the final release of Imagevue V2, we have decided to rename it to X2. This is generally only to personalize it, and also because we don't consider Imagevue X2 to simply be a new version of Imagevue V1. From now on, we will be branding the name Imagevue X2.

New upgrade price - 50% discount for existing users
With the release of the final version of Imagevue X2, there will be an upgrade price at 50% discount for all existing Imagevue V1 customers. That means for example upgrading a private licence(54$) to use Imagevue X2, will cost 27$. This does not include anyone who purchased since 01. May 2008, who already have their accounts enabled for Imagevue X2. Simply proceed to the downloads section, where you will be promted to upgrade before downloading Imagevue X2.

If anyone feels unhappy about the upgrade policy, or feel they have been mislead then please contact us

Imagevue X2 "FINAL"? Does that mean no further updates?
No, far from - There will be plenty of future updates! As mentioned earlier, this release is simply a stage where we feel Imagevue X2 is no longer BETA. We still have a long list of features and fixes we want to implement. Many of you are aware that we have already been releasing many updates since July 2008, and we will continue doing so.

We will however most likely have to spend more time on the site, documentation and "other" features from now on, so updates may not be that acute or frequent.

Important links:
Updatelog with new features for Imagevue X2 final
Important fix when upgrading to Imagevue X2 final
New slideshow filemod with Imagevue X2 final

Other links:
Imagevue X2 Demo links
Imagevue X2 gallery showcase links
Imagevue X2 docs

Thank you for all your support and patience!
Last edited by mjau-mjau on 08 Jan 2009, 08:39, edited 2 times in total.

PhotoFolio
Experienced

25 Dec 2008, 07:10

Upgraded to Commercial Licence mostly in order to encourage you ;)

(still waiting for the mail ;) )

horry

25 Dec 2008, 09:23

:) Great news!

Happy holidays!

lulunada

25 Dec 2008, 09:45

PhotoFolio wrote:Upgraded to Commercial Licence mostly in order to encourage you ;)
I have done the same !
Great job !!!!
:D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Dec 2008, 09:52

PhotoFolio wrote:Upgraded to Commercial Licence mostly in order to encourage you ;)

(still waiting for the mail ;) )
Thanks for that! Not sure why you didn't receive any email yet. It may have landed in your spam/junk folder. In any case, you can rest assured that your account is upgraded and you can simply log in to the downloads with your existing Imagevue account details, where Imagevue X2 will be available for download!

PhotoFolio
Experienced

25 Dec 2008, 10:19

Ok, thanks for your answer Karl.
I thought the archive was different between licences.
(Btw I had already checked my spam/junk folder ... unsuccessfully. I also tried the lost password procedure twice and I didn't received any mail ... I'll keep you informed if I get it later but I guess this is the same kind of problem described here by Pain)

markam24
Experienced

25 Dec 2008, 12:02

ConGrats!

Upgraded to commercial license as well -;)

Does this mean a new X2 forum?

PhotoFolio
Experienced

25 Dec 2008, 16:00

PhotoFolio wrote:Ok, thanks for your answer Karl.
I thought the archive was different between licences.
(Btw I had already checked my spam/junk folder ... unsuccessfully. I also tried the lost password procedure twice and I didn't received any mail ... I'll keep you informed if I get it later but I guess this is the same kind of problem described here by Pain)
I received all the emails 3 hours after ;)
Thanks

imsam
Experienced

How do I purchase upgrade?

25 Dec 2008, 21:44

Could you please tell me where I need to go to purchase the upgrade version?

I'm currently a V1 Private license holder. I want to purchase the Commercial version of X2. Thanks for your help and merry Christmas!
Thanks,

Sam

Tony

25 Dec 2008, 22:25

Congratulations on the latest. :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: How do I purchase upgrade?

26 Dec 2008, 01:10

imsam wrote:Could you please tell me where I need to go to purchase the upgrade version?

I'm currently a V1 Private license holder. I want to purchase the Commercial version of X2. Thanks for your help and merry Christmas!
Just log in downloads section -> www.photo.gallery/downloads and you will be prompted to upgrade. Merry Christmas!

gadgetologist
Experienced

Reply to pointless comment...

04 Jun 2009, 21:02

truecolor wrote:simulation credit auto
:D The link is brilliant. Great ^^ :D

Your note is lacking. Are you trying to be humorous?
Let's see... new member (today) or someone who's a regular and just wanted to hide for this "jab"? Be nice, be constructive, please.

So, for those got this far...

Apparently, there is a minor issue on the download page. Put your order number in and it works fine. It also says "username" but I assume this is always tied to your order number. I could be wrong, but no biggie.

"truecolor" if the name you chose was trying to imply anything about anyone other than your own choice, you couldn't be more wrong.

And if I misunderstood your intentions, please accept my apology and perhaps next time communicate better... 8)

--G.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Jun 2009, 07:58

gadgetologist: It ´s spam ...

We do have spambot filter on registration, but these days they employ chinese human spammers to infiltrate forums. Just look at the generic response:
truecolor wrote:Very Happy The link is brilliant. Great ^^ Very Happy
It doesn ´t really mean anything. The reason why there is no "spam" or links in this post, is because many forums have verification on the first post, and he is bypassing this by a simple generic post. Most likely, the next post from this user will include some links ...

miker99

07 Jun 2009, 17:48

and the links will probably be attached to the smileys.