X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Offboardme
Topic Author

click on image ->link

05 Nov 2008, 15:12

Hello,
I`m trying to find the way how to enable such a feature:
when you are clicking on the thumbnail in the thumbnail list it goes to external source but not shows the picture. Is it possible?
Sorry for my english...
//Waiting for comments

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Nov 2008, 23:35

Good question - That should be possible. Follow these instructions:

1. Goto admin -> config -> settings.attributes.image - Add the "link" parameter. Save.

2. Now you can goto admin -> manage, and for every image there is a new field "link" where you can add an external link. For example
https://www.photo.gallery
... or ...
https://www.photo.gallery*_blank (if you want the link to open in a new window)

3. Download the file "imagevue/include/config.xml", and locate the node thumbnails->thumbnail->click ... in the "options" attribute, add "link" so it looks like this:
Code
options="open,window,popup,download,link"
Upload the file

4. Finally, Goto admin -> config -> thumbnails.thumbnail.click - Set it to "link". Save.

Clicking a thumbnail now, should take the user to an external link as you have specified. Keep in mind, this will be a global setting for all thumbnail clicks. You can't have it set on some thumbnails, others not ...

Offboardme
Topic Author

06 Nov 2008, 04:04

Thank you for your reply, it really works but as you said globally. How do you think is there any way to set it locally like:
if isset(link){go to external resource} otherwise show the picture

The idea should go this way:
I make startpage (it is hidden folder where will be couple of pictures from each gallary - portrait, nature, etc); the startpage shows us thumbnails and when I click on the one it goes to the particular folder. And in the particular folder the pictures will go in the normal way - when you click on the one the slideshow starts.
Is it possible to do?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Nov 2008, 22:39

Offboardme wrote:Thank you for your reply, it really works but as you said globally. How do you think is there any way to set it locally like:
if isset(link){go to external resource} otherwise show the picture
ok, I can fix it to work as you suggest. It will be ready in next release.
Offboardme wrote:The idea should go this way:
I make startpage (it is hidden folder where will be couple of pictures from each gallary - portrait, nature, etc); the startpage shows us thumbnails and when I click on the one it goes to the particular folder. And in the particular folder the pictures will go in the normal way - when you click on the one the slideshow starts.
Is it possible to do?
Yes, that would work. There is only one problem: You need to set it to start in either thumbnails mode or image mode, which will be global for all folders including your hidden startpage folder.

fane

11 Nov 2008, 09:59

Does a link also work from an image (as opposed to from a thumbnail)?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2008, 03:57

fane wrote:Does a link also work from an image (as opposed to from a thumbnail)?
hmm, I'll have to look into that ...

Update 02. December
Yes, that will be possible in next release.

azochi

29 Apr 2009, 10:59

Is that already possible with the release available today?
Could you explain again the procedure to do it, since now it became a little confusing?

Just to be clear I'm trying to do exactly that: set start folder to "folder" and apply a link in each thumbnail in order to open the correspondent folder.

thank you!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 May 2009, 08:23

You could do that, just keep in mind this is a global feature. If you are setting thumbnails to point to the "link" you have added, you won't be able to suddenyl use them normally again on another gallery page.

Anyway, to set thumbnails to open the "link" you have defined in admin, you need to do this:

1. settings -> settings.attributes, add the "link" attribute.
2. Now you can add links to every image in the "link" field.
3. settings -> thumbnails.thumbnail.click, set it to "link" instead of "open"

azochi

05 May 2009, 05:40

Thanks!!

I think this can solve my problem!
Just to confirm, as I undertand when you specify a link to an image thumbnail opens the link and when you just leave it blank it opens the image. That's perfect for me this way!

The pretty last thing is discover how do link internaly to the folder.
If I use #/content/myfolder/ in the field link it opens the folder I want, but in another page! How to link it internaly with no reaload?

THANK YOU!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 May 2009, 11:23

azochi wrote:Just to confirm, as I undertand when you specify a link to an image thumbnail opens the link and when you just leave it blank it opens the image. That's perfect for me this way!
hmm, I would have to check this ... I am not sure it has such conditional logic. If it doesn't I will certainly look into it for next release ...
azochi wrote:The pretty last thing is discover how do link internaly to the folder.
If I use #/content/myfolder/ in the field link it opens the folder I want, but in another page! How to link it internaly with no reaload?
hmm, I guess I will have to look into this also. By default, I think may be all links are set to open in a new window ...

novel74

Same problem

26 May 2009, 05:49

Hello,

I've got the same problem, ie internal linking from thumbnail though “Linkâ€Â

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 May 2009, 06:26

I will have to add a fix for this in next release!

Lupusk9

28 Jun 2009, 01:31

is there a way to have each image have their own seperate link? say for example a jewelry portfolio where someone sais i want this ring and clicks the "buy" button and it goes to your websites store page to purchase? or if theres a cart feature within imagevue idk...but for now the first option is what im looking for.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jul 2009, 09:26

Lupusk9 wrote:is there a way to have each image have their own seperate link? say for example a jewelry portfolio where someone sais i want this ring and clicks the "buy" button and it goes to your websites store page to purchase? or if theres a cart feature within imagevue idk...but for now the first option is what im looking for.
Sorry for the late reply -

Yes, there is an option to set a LINK for each image that goes to an external website. You can either attach the link to a button(imagebutton), or when clicking the main image, or as a description text beside the image.

novel74

Problem is getting worst

10 Jul 2009, 05:42

Hello,

With the new release, i'm not anymore able to create a link from one thumbnail image to a gallery. Previously it opens a new window (quite boring but at least it works). Now, it just reloads the initial folder.

Do you have an idea on how to proceed ?

Thanks for your help.

url :
http://www.novel74.com/siteflash