Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Deckster
Topic Author

License Key

17 Oct 2021, 18:45

I hate to bother but I've looked everywhere & tried everything (I think).
I got my 26 character license key after I paid in July. I'm just now finding the time to get embed on my site and I'm not able to get the embed link off the bottom of the container. I did as the instructions said and put this: (except twith the characters from my key)
Code
data-embed-key="6933443657867724234"
I even tried it with all the dashes that my key had in it. Neither work. 
The instructions did say that after I get my license key (the 26 character thing with 6 hyphens in it) that I could use the Embed Key Creator to create keys for my sites. Is this where I'm messing up? Is there a key creator somewhere? If so, where?

Also, for some reason Files app is showing me all my galleries (15 of them) in the list and folder icons (with no thumbnails on the folders), but only 6 of the galleries will open and show me the pics. The others just "load" forever or say "Error".
The temp site I'm using to work it all out before I move it to the real domain is: http://arkansaslocalbusinessreview.com/ ... leries.php 
There is no Security Certificate for this site because I just use it as a test site. So if you're scared to look at it then I'm not sure how I can show you what my Files app is doing. But..... I really don't guess I care to see all the galleries in Files as long as Embed is working on each page of the site one I put it on more than one page (which will be after I figure out how to get the un-paid link off the bottom).

I LOVE Embed, by the way! I have looked for YEARS for something like this!

**UPDATE-- Actually, embed is not showing any gallery that Files app also won't show. On my live site, for those galleries I get "SyntaxError: Unexpexted end of JSON input"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: License Key

18 Oct 2021, 00:52

You don't have to worry about bothering me of course. I am struggling a bit to identify exactly what the main problem is here ... We talk about Embed and license, but I don't see any links to Embed (making it hard to diagnose). Besides, there is also issues in your Files app which need to be resolved first? I checked your Files app link, and see that you have errors in some folders ... They seem to be loading a cache file which is empty:
http://arkansaslocalbusinessreview.com/ ... 04447.json

Perhaps we can start by narrowing down the issue starting with what's not working in your Files app? I would have like to be able to check this installation with FTP access, although I understand that may not be possible.
(with no thumbnails on the folders),
Thumbnails on folders (or folder previews) is part of next Files app release.

Deckster
Topic Author

Re: License Key

18 Oct 2021, 07:49

Thanks for helping me out with this! I sent you a private message with login info so you can gain FTP access. I have to go out and will not be able to respond for a few hours. But I look forward to learning what is going on and what to do about it so that I will be that much more educated and able to handle moving all of this off the test domain and performing the update whenever it is ready. Thanks!