Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

InsertDiskTwo
Topic Author

2 issues

24 Dec 2021, 02:16

Just purchased this awesome programme, so far have run into 2 issues:

1. The way the "create folder" works it doesn't allow you to create one in the top level folder.

2. I have uploaded a folder with some files in it, expecting that the folder would be created online and the files inside transferred over keeping the exact folder and file structure. Instead it just copies the files in one place ignoring any folders the files are sitting in on the local folder.

3. I cannot find a way to move files and folders around.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: 2 issues

25 Dec 2021, 04:06

Hi. Thanks for posting!

Filemanager options [beta] were added in last release, and I got a bit ahead of myself without adding a proper interface for all features. Please see this post with similar questions, which I just answered:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10381
InsertDiskTwo wrote:1. The way the "create folder" works it doesn't allow you to create one in the top level folder.
Yes, I discovered this flaw after release. I will be adding a new dedicated topbar for filemanager actions shortly. See link above for more info.
InsertDiskTwo wrote:2. I have uploaded a folder with some files in it, expecting that the folder would be created online and the files inside transferred over keeping the exact folder and file structure. Instead it just copies the files in one place ignoring any folders the files are sitting in on the local folder.
I need to think about this, because adding folders is actually a browser file-selection feature, and simply involves adding all files inside the folders into the upload-queue. Technically, a folder itself can't be "uploaded". I think it might be possible to extract the local path for files in the upload-queue, and then create folders and distribute files dynamically on server during the upload process. Something to consider, but for now, all uploads are "flat", regardless of how the files are added into the upload-queue.
InsertDiskTwo wrote:3. I cannot find a way to move files and folders around.
This is coming soon. Moving/copying large folders and files around on the file system comes with possible pitfalls, so I need to pay extra attention to implementation details.

InsertDiskTwo
Topic Author

25 Dec 2021, 05:58

Thank you so much for coming back to me on this. Again, well done for this piece of software :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2022, 23:56

InsertDiskTwo wrote:1. The way the "create folder" works it doesn't allow you to create one in the top level folder.
This and more was solved in Files 0.4.0 release:
www.files.gallery/blog/files-0-4-0/#filemanager-improvements