Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

DinGood
Topic Author

Click the mouse to change the picture from zoom to page turning?

23 Nov 2021, 07:08

I used to use the old version (0.2.2). When looking at the picture, click the picture with the mouse to enlarge it, which is very convenient.

After upgrading 0.3.0 today, I found that the mouse click has changed from zoom to page turning. How can I adjust back to the original zoom function?

In addition, I hope to add the deletion function in the three points on the right of the picture information bar at the bottom when opening the picture. After all, some pictures can be enlarged before deciding whether to delete them.

Thank you again for the 0.3.0 version update of the author, thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Click the mouse to change the picture from zoom to page turning?

24 Nov 2021, 00:51

DinGood wrote:I used to use the old version (0.2.2). When looking at the picture, click the picture with the mouse to enlarge it, which is very convenient.
This was changed by default, because most users (at least 99%) don't have any use for zooming the photo on click. Therefore, it's much more intuitive that "click" navigates to next or previous image. If you want to change it to "zoom", I would need to make an option for this.
DinGood wrote:In addition, I hope to add the deletion function in the three points on the right of the picture information bar at the bottom when opening the picture. After all, some pictures can be enlarged before deciding whether to delete them.
Maybe, but the "popup" is a complex interface. What should happen in the popup when you delete the image? It navigates to next image? Closes the popup? From a technical perspective, I would need to re-create the popup if you delete an image, so it's complicated.

DinGood
Topic Author

24 Nov 2021, 01:54

This was changed by default, because most users (at least 99%) don't have any use for zooming the photo on click. Therefore, it's much more intuitive that "click" navigates to next or previous image. If you want to change it to "zoom", I would need to make an option for this.
I see. If it's not a common demand, can you tell me how to modify the source code to achieve it? There's no need to make a special option.
Maybe, but the "popup" is a complex interface. What should happen in the popup when you delete the image? It navigates to next image? Closes the popup? From a technical perspective, I would need to re-create the popup if you delete an image, so it's complicated.
I wonder if it would be better if there are check boxes for photo albums and pictures. You can check them in the pop-up window. You can delete, copy and other operations on the main interface.

Just a few ideas. ^_^

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Nov 2021, 00:05

DinGood wrote:I see. If it's not a common demand, can you tell me how to modify the source code to achieve it? There's no need to make a special option.
I will make an option for it, but it will be new "advanced" Javascript config options because I don't want to pollute main PHP config settings. Basically it will be a file /_files/js/config.js with advanced config options for the javascript.
DinGood wrote:I wonder if it would be better if there are check boxes for photo albums and pictures. You can check them in the pop-up window. You can delete, copy and other operations on the main interface.
Yes, there should be checkboxe selection for multi-file actions. Filemanager is currently beta, and the interface to handle file management is not yet complete. There will be improved options in next release ...
:star:

DinGood
Topic Author

06 Dec 2021, 23:43

mjau-mjau wrote:
DinGood wrote:I see. If it's not a common demand, can you tell me how to modify the source code to achieve it? There's no need to make a special option.
I will make an option for it, but it will be new "advanced" Javascript config options because I don't want to pollute main PHP config settings. Basically it will be a file /_files/js/config.js with advanced config options for the javascript.
OK!

1.when will this zoom function be used
2.I want to know where the /_files/js/config.js file is located. If I use it.

Hope to get an answer, thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Dec 2021, 05:04

DinGood wrote:1.when will this zoom function be used
2.I want to know where the /_files/js/config.js file is located. If I use it.
So, the proposed features above are not implemented. I will look into it for next release, but it may be a few months. The proposed file _files/js/config.js will be located in that location.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Feb 2022, 23:59

This feature was added in Files 0.4.0 release from new Javascript config:
www.files.gallery/docs/javascript-config/
Code
// _files/js/custom.js
_c.config = {
    popup: {
        click: 'zoom', // prev_next, next, zoom
    }
}