Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

app0.3.0 found that the sorting is wrong

16 Nov 2021, 13:04

After updating to 3.0, I found that the sorting is wrong, enter the folder and then return to the previous level. At this time, you will find that the file sorting has been disrupted.

Error generation environment: 1. Multiple folders, 2. Use Chinese names for the folders, 3. Sort by date, 4. Enter sub-folders, and then return to the upper level and you will find that the order of the upper level is different.

Hope you can reproduce this error and fix it as soon as possible, thanks Karl

I temporarily set up a test environment, you can try:
*REMOVED*
After you see it, can you delete the address above for me?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: app0.3.0 found that the sorting is wrong

16 Nov 2021, 23:59

That link wasn't working any more when I tried from here, so I removed it. Do you have another working link? Sounds strange that you have "sort by date", because then it will ignore folder name/language and use date. It will only use the folder name if two items have the same sort-date value.

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Nov 2021, 04:54

mjau-mjau wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 23:59
That link wasn't working any more when I tried from here, so I removed it. Do you have another working link? Sounds strange that you have "sort by date", because then it will ignore folder name/language and use date. It will only use the folder name if two items have the same sort-date value.
I don't know why, if sorted by date, it will be reordered as you browse folders and subfolders

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Nov 2021, 05:43

I need to see a link if I am to diagnose.

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Nov 2021, 05:56

mjau-mjau wrote: 如果我要诊断,我需要查看链接。
可以参观吗?http://185.243.241.193/
video

第一次进入时请注意页面的排序,记得排序,点一个文件夹,然后回到主页面,你会发现排序发生了变化。

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Nov 2021, 09:29

Sorry but that IP is not working. Wish I could help, but I can't diagnose this specific issue based only on what I read in your post. You say you are sorting by date, and it changes when navigating between folders, but I don't even know what is the "correct" sort. I need to see it ...

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Nov 2021, 10:30

mjau-mjau wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 09:29
Sorry but that IP is not working. Wish I could help, but I can't diagnose this specific issue based only on what I read in your post. You say you are sorting by date, and it changes when navigating between folders, but I don't even know what is the "correct" sort. I need to see it ...
I can record a video and send you an email

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Nov 2021, 23:31

Tested from here, but I can't recreate the issue. See video:
https://x.photo.gallery/Screen-Recordin ... .26.41.mp4

I will need to see a link to understand what might be wrong.

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

18 Nov 2021, 10:19

mjau-mjau wrote: I will need to see a link to understand what might be wrong.
I’m sure it’s Intl.Collator’s problem,
(Note that the results shown in the code above can vary between browsers and browser versions. This is because the values are implementation-specific. That is, the specification requires only that the before and after values are negative and positive.)

Everything is normal after modification
Code
    var de = new Intl.Collator(void 0,{
        numeric: !0,
        sensitivity: "base"
    });
//
//
//   void 0, modified to "de" 
//
//
    var de = new Intl.Collator("de",{
        numeric: !0,
        sensitivity: "base"
    });

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Nov 2021, 21:59

Thanks for posting, I will be keeping an eye on this.

What is strange, is that I can't recreate the issue here, but more importantly, I don't see how this is affecting DATE sorting. In your videos (rows layout), I can't see any date, so I don't see which sort is RIGHT and which sort is wrong. Perhaps all folders were created at the same time with same date? DATE sorting will only use Intl.Collator() for comparing NAMES if two items have the same sort date.

amwpsaa
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Nov 2021, 08:53

mjau-mjau wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 21:59
Thanks for posting, I will be keeping an eye on this.

What is strange, is that I can't recreate the issue here, but more importantly, I don't see how this is affecting DATE sorting. In your videos (rows layout), I can't see any date, so I don't see which sort is RIGHT and which sort is wrong. Perhaps all folders were created at the same time with same date? DATE sorting will only use Intl.Collator() for comparing NAMES if two items have the same sort date.
I sent you a new email with a new address, you try to access the diagnosis, now more than just folder sorting will change, over time, I find that the picture will also change sorting, as long as there is Chinese or other languages or file names containing symbols, there will be sort changes, I don't think this is the reason for the date, most likely "Collator()" reason. This mistake will cost me my partner, and I want to fix it as soon as possible

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Nov 2021, 23:23

amwpsaa wrote:I sent you a new email with a new address, you try to access the diagnosis,
I already replied to your email many days ago. The link you sent //v**c.cn/v3/ is not working, probably not working outside of China. Therefore, it's useless for diagnosing. I also asked for anything that shows date-sorting is wrong, because you said name-sorting was correct. I have told you several times, date sorting does NOT use Collator() unless files have identical dates, in which case the sorting might be inconsistent (your locale vs Javascript vs PHP), but not wrong.
amwpsaa wrote:over time, I find that the picture will also change sorting, as long as there is Chinese or other languages or file names containing symbols, there will be sort changes, I don't think this is the reason for the date,
I have asked you several times, to show list sorting with date and I wanna see what sorting is wrong. You said earlier on name-sorting was correct, but the other sorting was wrong. Obviously, I want to then see where and why date-sorting is wrong. I can only imagine that is because some of your files have the exact same date. This allows me to diagnose the problem which is only happening on your side. Date sorting does NOT use collator() unless two files have identical dates.

As for sorting from the SORT menu, it should be persistent and correct. Outside of that, reloading pages could cause tiny changes depending on differences of encoding vs PHP vs Javascript, but it should not be wrong. That's why I want to see where your date-sorting is wrong, because then we can know where it gets sorted wrong.

As for filemanager, it's BETA. Some operations reload the page, while others just manipulate the page, setting new Date() from Javascript based on current time, to avoid unnecessary reloading. This date might not match dates from PHP, but  it would not be technically wrong.

I am reading your posts, but they are not very helpful. I still haven't seen anywhere where the sorting is technically wrong. You said earlier it was date sorting, but now I don't know any more. With all these posts, can't you at least show a video of wrong sorting, where I can see that sorting is actually WRONG, not just "different"? Until I see that, then this post should be renamed "Sorting is inconsistent in some locales when files have mixed character-sets".

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Jan 2022, 05:38

Some notes about sorting in another post:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=10366&p=48285#p48285

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Feb 2022, 07:58

New version 0.4.1
Please check sorting. I think "inconsistent sorting" / "sorting chaos" is resolved.
https://demo.files.gallery/?tests/sorting