Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

nosiu
Topic Author

Few quick question before purchase

15 Nov 2021, 03:50

Hi! I am very pleased with the app's looks, but I need some more info:

1. Does the license permit modifying the code to fit my needs if I purchase the key?
2. Can the shared JS and CSS files be downloaded for offline use? I'd like to install it in my home network, where not all devices are allowed Internet access.
3. Does the app support multi-user authentication, or is the functionality planned for a future release?
4. Does the key ever expire, or is it a fully one-time purchase?

Thank you very much in advance!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Few quick question before purchase

15 Nov 2021, 04:19

Hi, thanks for questions!
nosiu wrote:1. Does the license permit modifying the code to fit my needs if I purchase the key?
You can modify as you like. Keep in mind, although editing the PHP source (index.php) is easy, it's more complicated to edit the minified Javascript which makes up the bulk of the Files app. Also, if you edit any source, your changes will be lost if you upgrade later on. Basically yes, but we don't generally recommend or support it.
nosiu wrote:2. Can the shared JS and CSS files be downloaded for offline use? I'd like to install it in my home network, where not all devices are allowed Internet access.
For the main CSS/Javascripts included in the index.php document, yes. There are a couple of 3rd party plugins loaded on-demand via Javascript from JSDelivr. To load those files from local source, you would need to edit the files.js script (minified), which is not possible, but not recommended.
nosiu wrote:3. Does the app support multi-user authentication, or is the functionality planned for a future release?
Not yet, but it's planned.
nosiu wrote:4. Does the key ever expire, or is it a fully one-time purchase?
One-time purchase!