Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Files app 0.3.0 :tangerine:

08 Nov 2021, 00:49

Files app 0.3.0 :tangerine:
Big-big Files app update! See demo and check new config options. Too many new features and improvements to mention, so I'll keep it short for now. How to update? Simply download latest Files app index.php, or update directly from the app (if enabled).
  • Improved interface design. Everywhere!
  • Improved gallery layouts that can be progressively scaled from layouts dropdown in topbar.
  • Folder preview images [demo]
  • Filemanager options upload, rename, delete, duplicate, create new folder and create new file. * Currently [beta] because we need to improve the interface and add multi-user options for the filemanger to be more useful.
  • Interface language translations, auto-detect from browser, assign from ?lang_menu or set from ?lang={code}
  • Download all files in folder as zip or multi-file download.
  • New popup design with support for videos, new captions, customization with CSS vars and new config options.
  • Video thumbnails [demo]. Requires FFmpeg and PHP exec().
  • New filter (formerly "search") design with input de-bounce, auto-expanding input, filter by image IPTC values and share pre-filtered results by url.
  • Easy style customization with loads of new CSS variables available (for example pink primary color).
  • New diagnostics accessible via ?check=1 allows you to diagnose server/PHP functionality and config options specifically for Files app.
  • Optional "include" custom files head.html, footer.html, custom.css and custom.js. Useful for custom styling, statistics and counters.
  • New image IPTC fields headline, creator, credit, copyright, city, sub-location and province-state (added to existing title, description and keywords).
  • New option image_resize_types allows you to decide what image types to resize. Useful if you want to retain GIF/PNG images for animation or transparency.
  • New option click_window allows you to assign file extensions that open in new window on click. Useful for easy viewing of PDF, HTML and text files.
  • Use Files app to view or manage X3 galleries, sharing same login, thumbnails and license.
  • Loads of code improvements, updated plugins and bug fixes.
 
traxnamibia
Experienced
Posts: 29
Joined: 17 May 2021, 08:16

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

10 Nov 2021, 00:42

Congratulations!
 
User avatar
DinGood
Posts: 10
Joined: 28 Jul 2021, 05:02

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

11 Nov 2021, 01:28

Finally, a new version is coming. Congratulations!!!
 
override
Posts: 8
Joined: 24 May 2021, 16:25

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

12 Nov 2021, 00:29

Uploading this new version has been as easy as drinking a glass of water. And the new interface and functions look WOW. Thanks a lot.
 
trpgforum
Experienced
Posts: 71
Joined: 05 Jul 2019, 03:40

Re: Vielen Dank!

12 Nov 2021, 04:24

Hello Karl

That's great! You did a fantastic job there! That motivated me to test the whole thing thoroughly for now. I will already be able to use the Files App perfectly for many of my applications. At second glance, a few questions arose that are certainly also of interest to other users because they significantly expand the range of possible applications.
  • Question 1: I have the following folder in my root directory:
       landscape
       macro
    Is there a possibility to create a third directory, e.g. nature? I've found that I can perfectly create subdirectories to the existing directories, but cannot create additional top-level directories,
  • Question 2: Is it possible to upload images from mobile websites too? 
     
  • Question 3: Like many photographers, my Lightroom metadata has the following entry: :copyright: Thomas Ruf
    Now it seems like there is something going wrong with the 3rd line below the image detail view:
       2017-10-03_007.jpg
       960 x 1000 | 254.76 kb | Mon Nov 8, 2015 12-55
      Thomas Ruf, :copyright::copyright:Thomas Ruf


Finally, I would like to emphasize that Files App is a great platform for photographers who want to discuss and share their images with clients. And of course for many other tasks :-) For this a very big thanks!

Best regards from Basel
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Vielen Dank!

12 Nov 2021, 05:20

Good questions!
trpgforum wrote: Question 1: I have the following folder in my root directory:
   landscape
   macro
Is there a possibility to create a third directory, e.g. nature? I've found that I can perfectly create subdirectories to the existing directories, but cannot create additional top-level directories,
I am currently working on some documentation and simply didn't get the opportunity to emphasize that filemanager features are currently BETA. One of the reasons for this, is that the interface is not yet properly designed to accommodate filemanager features. Basically I just added options to the contextmenu dropdowns, and upload/download into the topbar. In future/next release, I will add more options in the topbar so that you can create new files/folders directly from current dir. It didn't actually occur to me that you cannot currently create files or folders directly in the ROOT ... glad you mentioned it! Anyway, I will be looking into an improved interface for the filemanager in next releases, but for now there are some limitations, including the one you have noted.
trpgforum wrote:Question 2: Is it possible to upload images from mobile websites too?
You mean from mobile devices? Yes, at least it's supposed to, and I have tested that it works from iPhone. If you are having issues, it could be related to filesize, because many servers have upload_max_filesize set to 2MB, and photos directly from mobile will probably be larger than that.
 
trpgforum wrote:Question 3: Like many photographers, my Lightroom metadata has the following entry: :copyright: Thomas Ruf
Now it seems like there is something going wrong with the 3rd line below the image detail view:
       2017-10-03_007.jpg
       960 x 1000 | 254.76 kb | Mon Nov 8, 2015 12-55
      Thomas Ruf, :copyright::copyright:Thomas Ruf
Yes, I actually saw this myself on one photo, but decided to keep a :copyright: symbol prepended, because it's only included in the copyright field if owner actually wrote it. One of the reasons I opted to keep it, is because structuring all the IPTC data into readable layouts is very challenging, especially since I don't know how long fields are or how users populate the fields, and the :copyright: helps emphasize what the field is. If you really need to hide it, it can be done from custom CSS.

THANKS!
 
trpgforum
Experienced
Posts: 71
Joined: 05 Jul 2019, 03:40

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

12 Nov 2021, 09:45

Thank you Karl!

Your answers have answered practically all of my questions.

Only one point is still unclear. As I understand, the upload function should already work on the iPhone. In my case, the upload function is not offered in the context menu or in the menu bar as it is on the PC browser. Did I miss an attitude? This feature would actually be quite helpful.

If it has not yet been realized, I will of course wait until the time comes. After all, I don't want to put you under pressure again after your big work. And certainly not for the weekend ;-)

Best regards
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

12 Nov 2021, 23:32

trpgforum wrote:Only one point is still unclear. As I understand, the upload function should already work on the iPhone. In my case, the upload function is not offered in the context menu or in the menu bar as it is on the PC browser. Did I miss an attitude? This feature would actually be quite helpful.
You don't see the upload buttons in the demo either? I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't display on your iPhone. Do you have a link?
 
User avatar
amwpsaa
Experienced
Posts: 42
Joined: 29 Jul 2021, 08:46

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

13 Nov 2021, 03:24

0.3.0 Folder previews and video thumbnails are great, I have installed them. :blush:
There are several problems:
1. If the filemanager option setting is enabled, does everyone have the right to upload/delete files? I think need to log in to have administrative rights.
2. I want to add compression options when uploading pictures.

Thank you Karl!
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

13 Nov 2021, 04:24

amwpsaa wrote:1. If the filemanager option setting is enabled, does everyone have the right to upload/delete files? I think need to log in to have administrative rights.
Yes, for now, filemanager is either on or off for everyone. For different permissions per user, I need to create a proper user-system first. In will look into that soon.

Workaround: Create a sub-directory "_filesadmin", drop files app index.php inside, change settings so that 'root' => '../' and 'storage_path' => '../_files', set a login and enable filemanager. Now you have an url /_filesadmin/ with login that views the same directly, and includes filemanager options.
amwpsaa wrote:2. I want to add compression options when uploading pictures.
Compression or resize? Or both? I don't see any point in compressing if you are not resizing the images. It's interesting, but for now, the uploader just uploads the original file and that's it.
 
trpgforum
Experienced
Posts: 71
Joined: 05 Jul 2019, 03:40

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

13 Nov 2021, 04:32

mjau-mjau wrote:
trpgforum wrote:Only one point is still unclear. As I understand, the upload function should already work on the iPhone. In my case, the upload function is not offered in the context menu or in the menu bar as it is on the PC browser. Did I miss an attitude? This feature would actually be quite helpful.
You don't see the upload buttons in the demo either? I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't display on your iPhone. Do you have a link?
Hello Karl

No, unfortunately I do not see the Upload function. It is simply missing... 
Oh these iPhones ;-)

Wish you a beautiful weekend!
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Files App 0.3.0 🍊

14 Nov 2021, 23:15

trpgforum wrote:No, unfortunately I do not see the Upload function. It is simply missing... 
Oh these iPhones ;-)
That's strange, as I can't figure any reason for this, and I have successfully tested from iPhone 6 and Android. It's almost like the Javascript plugin fails to load from the external CDN, possibly blocked by firewall. Anyway, let me know if you find anything else ...
 
User avatar
kukrik
Posts: 2
Joined: 20 Nov 2021, 19:57

Re: Vielen Dank!

25 Nov 2021, 13:34

trpgforum wrote:
  • Question 1: I have the following folder in my root directory:
       landscape
       macro
    Is there a possibility to create a third directory, e.g. nature? I've found that I can perfectly create subdirectories to the existing directories, but cannot create additional top-level directories,
  • Question 2: Is it possible to upload images from mobile websites too? 
I share @trpgforum's positions. I am most interested in the second question.

A similar question applies to uploading images in the root directory, it throws errors: The upload icon exists. I'll put a small screenshot below.

We look forward to the next updated version. Karl, you're a very cool man!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 23.59.19.png
Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 23.59.19.png (856.24 KiB) Viewed 92 times
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author
Posts: 13083
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Vielen Dank!

26 Nov 2021, 00:12

kukrik wrote:A similar question applies to uploading images in the root directory, it throws errors: The upload icon exists. I'll put a small screenshot below.
Looks like a bug! I will look into it this weekend ... There might be a "hotfix" or I will look updating asap.

About uploading images from mobile, have you tested from a sub-directory? I have successfully tested upload from iPhone 6. You don't see the upload icon?

About creating files/dirs from root directory, that will be resolved in next release. Filemanager interface is beta, and I overlooked this initially.