Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jianengnai
Topic Author

How to configure a picture to display with text?

05 Nov 2021, 05:30

Hello management, thank you for your creation! Please answer a question. In addition, look forward to version 0.3.0!

How to configure a picture to display with text?

Edit the picture IPTC "title" and "remarks" properties? The settings are still not displayed after uploading!

Do you want to modify the server cache JSON file??

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How to configure a picture to display with text?

05 Nov 2021, 10:47

jianengnai wrote: How to configure a picture to display with text?
Edit the picture IPTC "title" and "remarks" properties?
"Title" yes, "remarks" perhaps not. Files app reads title, description and keywords, but they don't always have these names. In next release, Files app will also support +7 new IPTC fields 'title', 'headline', 'description', 'creator', 'credit', 'copyright', 'keywords', 'city', 'sub-location' and 'province-state'.
jianengnai wrote:The settings are still not displayed after uploading!
Do you have a link? Or can you at least send the image? Is PHP iptcparse() enabled? Either the image does not have the supported IPTC fields, or your server does not support iptcparse() or maybe the JSON cache isn't updating for some reason. Perhaps you can try to rename the file just to make sure cache is refreshing?
jianengnai wrote:Do you want to modify the server cache JSON file??
That's not necessary. The json file should update when you change something in the folder.

jianengnai
Topic Author

05 Nov 2021, 11:27

I don't know why. I don't know how to configure it to display the text description and Google map location. Please give me some advice. Thank you! My website server may not be accessible abroad, so the server link is not provided. Can you understand the attached figure?

The problem may be that the server does not support iptcparse () ??

ImageImage

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Nov 2021, 20:41

I see in the screenshot that the image is showing title, description and keywords. So that screenshot is from our server then? ... Your explanation is not clear.

jianengnai
Topic Author

05 Nov 2021, 21:21

I tried again. Now it's OK. Thank you! Image attribute value needs to try more…

look

07 Nov 2021, 11:29

jianengnai wrote: […]

Edit the picture IPTC "title" and "remarks" properties? The settings are still not displayed after uploading!
[…]
Hi jianengnai, with what tool are you editing the IPTC info in your files?
I'm looking for a opensource option working on mac as well …
Thanks, look

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Nov 2021, 23:42

@look I know you can add caption from Mac's own "Photos" app. Also, there seems to be a list of recommended mac apps here. I released new Files app version yesterday, with support for more IPTC fields, including headline, creator, credit, copyright and location.

In the future, I might add the option to edit IPTC fields directly from Files app.