Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

look
Topic Author

Excitment and Features

11 Sep 2021, 11:26

Dear Karl
Your files app is wonderful and exactly what I was looking for for  years (after dozens of disappointing search queries for "flat file cms gallery"). Thank you very much for this piece of exciting work!

Not aware of every tech detail I'd like to ask some questions:

Managing multi user/multi (sub-)folders
How about one files app (index.php in root) and a config file in every subfolder for e.g. different users per subfolder (would make the the display of  ~/subfolder/_files/config.php impossible)?

Multi users
Extending config.php for an array of element user and password?

Looking forward for further releases!
All the best, look

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Excitment and Features

12 Sep 2021, 00:43

Hi look, thanks for you feedback on Files app! New big update will be available in a couple of weeks ...
look wrote:Managing multi user/multi (sub-)folders
How about one files app (index.php in root) and a config file in every subfolder for e.g. different users per subfolder (would make the the display of  ~/subfolder/_files/config.php impossible)?

Multi users
Extending config.php for an array of element user and password?
Multi-user (by login) is definitely a feature I will be looking into soon, especially with forthcoming file manager capabilities, making it a necessity. I'm not 100% sure yet how to do it, but I would prefer to store data in the existing _files/* storage folder instead of polluting user folders with data files from Files app. The most logical solution would be to maintain an array of users[+pw] in config (or users.php), where each user can be limited to different root dirs, settings and permissions.

The advantage of storing Files app data directly in folders on the other hand, is that the folders can easily be renamed or moved with breaking settings. If we store folder paths in a config file and folders get renamed or moved, the path in config would have to get updated also. Something to think about ...

look
Topic Author

Re: Excitment and Features

12 Sep 2021, 05:01

Thank you for your immediate reply!
Regarding the effort with changing folder path in combination with an admin user, I might prefer the solution of a config file in every folder.
Or/plus a config file in a main folder inheritting on subfolders, for admin user?
I'm looking forward to the update :heart_eyes:
All the best, Lukas