Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

poulterd
Topic Author

Tiffs and search

19 Aug 2021, 20:24

First great application.    Two items that would be great but that I cannot find a setting for as of yet.

1- Can it create thumbnails directly from tifs?  At this point,  I am planning on just creating them manually using convert/ImageMagick. 

2-The search seems to be limited to the current folder,  can it be configured to search the entire tree?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Tiffs and search

19 Aug 2021, 21:14

poulterd wrote:1- Can it create thumbnails directly from tifs?  At this point,  I am planning on just creating them manually using convert/ImageMagick.
PHP cannot process TIFF files from pure PHP, but it could be done with Imagick/imagemagick if extension available and/or via shell command. Will definitely be looking into this.

As of right now, I don't think you have any good options unfortunately. Even if you create a thumbnail manually, Files app interface will not attempt to load any thumbnail when it encounters a TIFF. Your only option would be to convert them to JPG while displaying in Files app, but that's not a "solution".
poulterd wrote:2-The search seems to be limited to the current folder,  can it be configured to search the entire tree?
The current "search" is really just a live "filter" from current files, and will be renamed to "filter" in next release. As for global search, that has been requested before and is definitely on the agenda. It's an entirely different process of course, which (unlike filter) needs to be done recursively via PHP on server. Performance/speed will depend on server resources (CPU, SSD) and amount of dirs in folder tree.