Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ocp
Topic Author

caching of folder pages

10 Mar 2021, 05:57

I use Files to display a filestructure to a closed group of website members. It is a great app - only one challenge:
Adding a new file to a folder is not readily reflected by the Files app. It definitely has something to do with page caching. Tried a lot, but ended with the cumbersome solution to increment cache-key in the config.php file EVERY time, I have made changes to the file structure.  

Is there a better solution?

regards
ocp

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: caching of folder pages

10 Mar 2021, 22:05

Files app should definitely display newly uploaded Files, and that's how it works from all testing at least. Files app uses CACHE which is based on the filemtime of the directory, which changes as soon as you upload new files. If you are experiencing this problem, I would need to diagnose somehow. Just to avoid and misunderstandings: You would definitely need to REFRESH the browser after updating files, and I'm sure you are aware of this?

Another option is to disable folder cache, but that's not productive, as the cache has obvious benefits.
Code
'cache' => true,
Please let me know if there is any way I can diagnose this behavior on your side, possibly through a test location on FTP?

ocp
Topic Author

11 Mar 2021, 06:10

mjau-mjau wrote: Files app should definitely display newly uploaded Files, and that's how it works from all testing at least. Files app uses CACHE which is based on the filemtime of the directory, which changes as soon as you upload new files. If you are experiencing this problem, I would need to diagnose somehow. Just to avoid and misunderstandings: You would definitely need to REFRESH the browser after updating files, and I'm sure you are aware of this?

Another option is to disable folder cache, but that's not productive, as the cache has obvious benefits.
Code
'cache' => true,
Please let me know if there is any way I can diagnose this behavior on your side, possibly through a test location on FTP?
Hi mjau-mjau:

I will try to prepare a suitable test-environment where you can experience the phenomenon. You have my mail-address. May I suggest that you send me a mail that I can reply to?

regards
Ole C P

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Mar 2021, 07:48

ocp wrote:May I suggest that you send me a mail that I can reply to?
Done ...