Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GuguguBear
Topic Author

This is a great program, and I want to make a few suggestions.

21 Feb 2021, 02:53

I have purchased the relevant license, the price is not expensive, I think it is definitely worth it.

If you are still hesitant to buy File APP, I think it is worth it, so buy it.

Then there will be some suggestions. I am not a programmer and have no relevant experience. Maybe some suggestions will make people feel weird, but trust me, it is definitely not deliberate.

I just hope that the best single-file PHP File APP in the world I have seen so far can be known to more people and even make it more powerful.

All the content is carried out by Google Translate, there may be unclear places, welcome to put forward without understanding the meaning.

1: Let the program support languages of more countries for localization. If necessary, you can find people who help language localization free of charge in the forum.

2: File APP has great potential. It should not focus on the use of images. On the contrary, it should increase its efforts in streaming media and other format files, supporting more video formats, more image formats, and ZIP even Online decompression, I long for it to be more comprehensive.

3: Increase plug-in support, open plug-in production interface, so that more people can make plug-ins to meet their own needs, so that authors should be able to save effort.

4: Make the account system more diversified, so that the administrator can add some users in other groups, and select their viewing rights to limit the content they can watch. In short, it is to add a new registration option. It would be a good consideration, but this may involve things like databases. I don’t know if it will make things worse, but the decision is yours.

5: Let people edit documents online through File App collaboration, such as the file format like Office Family Bucket, which can edit files individually or collaboratively.

I still have many ideas, but I am not a programmer. I can’t measure whether these [ideas] are offensive or not. In any case, they are just a proposal that I personally thought of as good, and you can completely reject them. .

But I will still give these suggestions with a glimmer of hope and let me know if these are possible!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: This is a great program, and I want to make a few suggestions.

21 Feb 2021, 10:40

Hi @GuguguBear. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer feedback :star:. Files app will definitely be extended with many improvements and new features. Keep in mind, we aim to keep Files app simple (single file), without database requirement, so new features will be limited to the scope of Files app.
GuguguBear wrote:1: Let the program support languages of more countries for localization. If necessary, you can find people who help language localization free of charge in the forum.
This is coming soon :thumbsup:
GuguguBear wrote:2: File APP has great potential. It should not focus on the use of images. On the contrary, it should increase its efforts in streaming media and other format files, supporting more video formats, more image formats, and ZIP even Online decompression, I long for it to be more comprehensive.
Files app does support listing all file types, but images is one of the strong points. Files app supports all image/audio/video formats that are supported by browser, but we can't really preview image/audio/video formats that are NOT supported by browser (for example TIFF, PSD, MKV) ... Basically, Files app supports ALL formats that can display in browser. As for Zip + Unzip, this should be a future feature, but it will need to be limited to users logged in with file-management "permissions", since it's a file-operation to zip or unzip files.
GuguguBear wrote:3: Increase plug-in support, open plug-in production interface, so that more people can make plug-ins to meet their own needs, so that authors should be able to save effort.
I will definitely consider that option, but I will need to get some ideas about what users want before I can consider how plugins can be created.
GuguguBear wrote:4: Make the account system more diversified, so that the administrator can add some users in other groups, and select their viewing rights to limit the content they can watch. In short, it is to add a new registration option. It would be a good consideration, but this may involve things like databases. I don’t know if it will make things worse, but the decision is yours.
Indeed :thumbsup: It would be great to have a user-system that allows access to different root dirs and different permissions for file-managment. Users can be stored in a PHP config file, so it is not strictly necessary with database.
GuguguBear wrote:5: Let people edit documents online through File App collaboration, such as the file format like Office Family Bucket, which can edit files individually or collaboratively.
Users can already edit any text-based files, and with a future user-system, this can be controlled by permissions. However, we won't be able to support advanced formats like MS Word, and we won't support advanced collaboration like "revisions", as that requires database and storing past versions of each document. Apart for straight-forward editing, this is simply beyond the scope of what Files app will be capable of.
GuguguBear wrote:I still have many ideas, but I am not a programmer. I can’t measure whether these [ideas] are offensive or not. In any case, they are just a proposal that I personally thought of as good, and you can completely reject them.
Feel free to make any suggestions! :clap:

GuguguBear
Topic Author

09 Mar 2021, 23:44

First of all, I am glad to get a reply.
I have carefully read your answer to the question.
I think this is a very good way of healthy communication.
This time I continue to bring some suggestions that are not probably good as programmers think. XD

1: Add different color themes, such as some simple colors, so that users can choose by themselves, the administrator can display a fixed color theme in the file editing, or let the viewer choose the color they like, or even Consider making it easy for experienced users to customize the theme, such as adding a theme background.

2: Let the administrator choose to ignore certain files being displayed, because in my personal use, my website uses to prevent cross-site attacks and prevent external links, but in this case, some other files will appear in the list Among them, some .ini files or some originally hidden files will be displayed. Maybe you can find a way to let the user shield some unnecessary files from the display.

3: Allow users to upload and delete files and rename files on the WEB interface.
(On this point, I am currently using Tiny File Manager to assist this action, so it is not necessarily necessary, but if it can be integrated into this function, it will replace Tiny File Manager)

4: Allow users to directly share pictures and videos of YOUTUBE, INS, or Twitter. For example, users can add a YouTube connection, which is like a video file displayed in that place with a title and video. When the user clicks on the video , Then play through YOUTUBE, or play directly through the website window (this seems to block ads).

Because I seem to be more inclined to use the program as a BLOG, it is simpler, I only need to write content through TXT text or MD text, and occasionally share some YouTube videos or songs from a music website, compared to a traditional one. BLOG, this kind of BLOG seems more casual and natural, and it also has a search function, which is really great.

5: A message board? Users only need to fill in their own nickname and email address to leave a message? XD

Well, here are some of the suggestions made for the second time.

It's the same words. I'm not a programmer. I can't measure whether these [I think it's super good] suggestions will offend programmers or other people. Therefore, all decisions are in your hands.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Mar 2021, 03:55

GuguguBear wrote:1: Add different color themes, such as some simple colors, so that users can choose by themselves, the administrator can display a fixed color theme in the file editing, or let the viewer choose the color they like, or even Consider making it easy for experienced users to customize the theme, such as adding a theme background.
It would be nice to have a DARK theme and a LIGHT theme, and variations of the STRONG color. However, there will not be loads of themes, as this limits our ability to create a usable core design.
GuguguBear wrote:2: Let the administrator choose to ignore certain files being displayed, because in my personal use, my website uses to prevent cross-site attacks and prevent external links, but in this case, some other files will appear in the list Among them, some .ini files or some originally hidden files will be displayed. Maybe you can find a way to let the user shield some unnecessary files from the display.
This can already be done from options files_exclude and dirs_exclude.
[see config docs]

You can use basic regex to exclude certain files or folder paths.
GuguguBear wrote:3: Allow users to upload and delete files and rename files on the WEB interface.
This is already a planned feature :thumbsup:
GuguguBear wrote:4: Allow users to directly share pictures and videos of YOUTUBE, INS, or Twitter. For example, users can add a YouTube connection, which is like a video file displayed in that place with a title and video. When the user clicks on the video , Then play through YOUTUBE, or play directly through the website window (this seems to block ads).
That would require creating a "placeholder" file that links to the remote item. Maybe, but this feature is not a priority as it's a bit unrelated.
GuguguBear wrote:Because I seem to be more inclined to use the program as a BLOG, it is simpler, I only need to write content through TXT text or MD text, and occasionally share some YouTube videos or songs from a music website, compared to a traditional one. BLOG, this kind of BLOG seems more casual and natural, and it also has a search function, which is really great.
You mean displaying some custom text/html at the of of each directory? Yes, I already thought about that. There could be an option to upload a files.json/md/text file into directories, which would then be used to display content above the gallery. It could be that we even make it possible to edit this file from the app itself.
GuguguBear wrote:5: A message board? Users only need to fill in their own nickname and email address to leave a message?
Unlikely, because this is a heavy database-feature unrelated to the main functionality of Files app.

Stay tuned for updates!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Nov 2021, 06:13

GuguguBear wrote:1: Let the program support languages of more countries for localization. If necessary, you can find people who help language localization free of charge in the forum.
GuguguBear wrote:3: Allow users to upload and delete files and rename files on the WEB interface.
The above features were added in Files app 0.3.0 [demo]

GuguguBear
Topic Author

19 Dec 2021, 16:27

mjau-mjau wrote:
The above features were added in Files app 0.3.0 [demo]
This is exciting news.
But I don't seem to be going well.

Error message:

Code
Effect. File(/www/wwwroot/app/x3.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/wwwroot/photos.*****.xyz/:/tmp/) in /www/wwwroot /photos.*****.xyz/index.php on line 269
I use PHP 7.4 version.
It is not clear what the specific cause is. If anyone knows, I hope to tell me how to solve it.
Love you guys!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Dec 2021, 02:14

GuguguBear wrote:
Code
Effect. File(/www/wwwroot/app/x3.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/wwwroot/photos.*****.xyz/:/tmp/) in /www/wwwroot /photos.*****.xyz/index.php on line 269
This has something to do with X3-compatibility. You are using Files app to display images from your X3 website? You have some strict settings on your server, which is reporting the "warning" above, just because Files app checks if a file exists on line 269:
Code
self::$x3_path = file_exists($x3_path . '/app/x3.inc.php') ? $x3_path : false;
Fix it by changing the above to this:
Code
self::$x3_path = false; //file_exists($x3_path . '/app/x3.inc.php') ? $x3_path : false;
Some permissions or open_basedir issue. Looks like your server is simply blocking scripts from looking into parent folders. Not really logical, as we are only doing file_exists(). Anyway, disable it with the above fix ... It's just a "warning" message.

GuguguBear
Topic Author

20 Dec 2021, 12:53

mjau-mjau wrote:
GuguguBear wrote:
Code
This has something to do with X3-compatibility. You are using Files app to display images from your X3 website? You have some strict settings on your server, which is reporting the "warning" above, just because Files app checks if a file exists on line 269:
Code
self::$x3_path = file_exists($x3_path . '/app/x3.inc.php') ? $x3_path : false;
Fix it by changing the above to this:
Code
self::$x3_path = false; //file_exists($x3_path . '/app/x3.inc.php') ? $x3_path : false;
Some permissions or open_basedir issue. Looks like your server is simply blocking scripts from looking into parent folders. Not really logical, as we are only doing file_exists(). Anyway, disable it with the above fix ... It's just a "warning" message.
Thank you very much. Following your guidance, I solved the warning problem.

But I found more other problems.
Attachments
QQ图片20211221015225.png
When I try to see if the configuration meets the specifications.
QQ图片20211221015225.png (48.97 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
QQ图片20211221015143.png
I think I should have broken some settings.
QQ图片20211221015143.png (139.31 KiB) Viewed 6898 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Dec 2021, 00:04

Do you have a link to this Files app? I am wondering why you have "X storage_path is_writeable", because that means the app does not have permissions to write for example resized images into storage. Or maybe something X3 related, but I need a link because I can't see from here.

GuguguBear
Topic Author

21 Dec 2021, 08:55

mjau-mjau wrote: Do you have a link to this Files app? I am wondering why you have "X storage_path is_writeable", because that means the app does not have permissions to write for example resized images into storage. Or maybe something X3 related, but I need a link because I can't see from here.
Link address: https://photos.cltserver.xyz/
I think it was what I was trying to do, and then it broke the permissions-related settings.
Maybe I should set the entire website directory to 775 permissions?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

21 Dec 2021, 23:08

You definitely have some permissions issue. See the error for resizing images:
https://photos.cltserver.xyz/index.php? ... 8490.62651
Warning: imagejpeg(/www/wwwroot/photos.cltserver.xyz/_files/cache/images/686069.62651.1626338490.480.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/wwwroot/photos.cltserver.xyz/index.php on line 732
Actually, seems like it's from the _files/cache/images/* folder permission denied to open/read file (because it was already cached). Basically PHP detect the image is there, but it has some no-read permissions. It's not even available in browser: photos.cltserver.xyz/_files/cache/images/686069.62651.1626338490.480.jpg. Please check on server, is that file there?
Most servers have a setup so that you never need to change any permissions, because the "owner" of the file always creates new files with read/write capabilities for the same "owner". There are often problems with permissions if you have different users for FTP and for WWW(PHP), which means one user owns the file(FTP), and then another user(WWW) creates cache, and then we have files with different owners and permissions. So how to set permissions depends on your setup. In a perfect world, you have the same owner, and this would make it unnecessary to change permissions in the first place. If you have different owners, you need to make sure files and folders are created readable and writeable.

GuguguBear
Topic Author

23 Dec 2021, 22:32

mjau-mjau wrote: You definitely have some permissions issue. See the error for resizing images:
https://photos.cltserver.xyz/index.php? ... 8490.62651
Warning: imagejpeg(/www/wwwroot/photos.cltserver.xyz/_files/cache/images/686069.62651.1626338490.480.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /www/wwwroot/photos.cltserver.xyz/index.php on line 732
Actually, seems like it's from the _files/cache/images/* folder permission denied to open/read file (because it was already cached). Basically PHP detect the image is there, but it has some no-read permissions. It's not even available in browser: photos.cltserver.xyz/_files/cache/images/686069.62651.1626338490.480.jpg. Please check on server, is that file there?
Most servers have a setup so that you never need to change any permissions, because the "owner" of the file always creates new files with read/write capabilities for the same "owner". There are often problems with permissions if you have different users for FTP and for WWW(PHP), which means one user owns the file(FTP), and then another user(WWW) creates cache, and then we have files with different owners and permissions. So how to set permissions depends on your setup. In a perfect world, you have the same owner, and this would make it unnecessary to change permissions in the first place. If you have different owners, you need to make sure files and folders are created readable and writeable.
Thank you very much for your reply.
I noticed that my user rights do have two accounts.
When I set them to WWW, everything works fine.