Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

E1337
Topic Author

Thank you for Files App (+Question)

22 Jan 2021, 02:04

Hello!
I had just come across your app for the first time yesterday, and I was literally like wow, this is exactly what I am looking for. Beautiful UI and UX, stunning. Very Data Efficient, these images load the thumbnails nearly instantly! Outstanding.

Great work, I downloaded immediately, and purchased a license. I was wondering if the license was permanent, or a recurring fee, but I discovered through browsing these forums that it is a one-time fee.

I do have one question though, inside of the files app, when you right click and copy the link to the directory, it's actually copying the REAL link to the directory, and in my case are 403 forbidden.

So what my question actually is, How can I copy the link to the folder but viewble inside of the files app?

Easy? Add a question mark after the trailing slash right? To send the rest of the data into the php file.

But the think with copy link, does not copy a prepared link for this php file, not always at least. My folder names have an & character in them and when you select copy link, not only is it direct link, but it does not change the URL so that spaces and symbols are converted into html.

This is not important, there may be reasons this is like this. I just wanted to say thank you very much.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Thank you for Files App (+Question)

22 Jan 2021, 02:21

E1337 wrote:I was wondering if the license was permanent, or a recurring fee, but I discovered through browsing these forums that it is a one-time fee.
Indeed!
E1337 wrote:I do have one question though, inside of the files app, when you right click and copy the link to the directory, it's actually copying the REAL link to the directory, and in my case are 403 forbidden.
Since Files app is a file-browser, that would be default behavior yes. The point of this function would then be that you could use the link for something useful, like sharing or using in another application.
E1337 wrote:So what my question actually is, How can I copy the link to the folder but viewble inside of the files app?
If you want the link to the in-app representation of the file or folder, you could of course just click the item first and then copy the link from browser.
E1337 wrote:Easy? Add a question mark after the trailing slash right? To send the rest of the data into the php file.
That should work yes, as long as the root of Files app is pointing to it's own folder (which is default). However, as you mention, this may not work with characters that need to be encoded into the ?query. So for now, better option is to click item, and copy link from browser.

I will add this to my list so it can get added as a config option in a future release!

E1337
Topic Author

24 Jan 2021, 11:09

Thank you!
I look forward to this feature being implemented.

Maybe a BOOLEAN option in the config for COPY_DIRECT_LINK
TRUE = Copy Link Button functions as it currently does.
FALSE = Copy Link Button copies related Files App URL

What are the extra features I unlocked by purchasing a license?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Jan 2021, 23:32

E1337 wrote:I look forward to this feature being implemented.
I'll add it to next release.
E1337 wrote:What are the extra features I unlocked by purchasing a license?
For now, only "code editor" and that you avoid the license popup nag when loading the app. More license-only features will be added soon.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Nov 2021, 06:02

In Files app 0.3.0 [demo] behavior was changed so that all folder links (open in new tab, copy link and cmd/ctrl + click) will link to the folder in Files app instead of linking directly to the folder path in browser (which in most cases is not useful). File links will still open files directly in browser, as it makes sense and is likely what the user expects.