26 Aug 2020, 04:17

Official post
See official post for Files app 0.2.0:
www.files.gallery/blog/files-0-2-0/

---

Files app 0.2.0 :apple:
This Files app update introduces many improvements! [demo][config]

Image resizer (thumbnails)
  • New option image_resize_sharpen (enabled by default) creates sharper (less blurry) preview images. * Will not recreate existing image cache.
  • New option image_resize_memory_limit temporarily increases PHP memory limit (if required) when resizing large images. Default value is set to 128 MB, which allows resizing images up to ~ 6000 px. If your PHP memory_limit is already higher than this value, it will have no effect.
  • New option image_resize_max_pixels sets the maximum allowed dimensions for resizing images.  Default value is set to 30000000 (30 MP), which allows resizing images equivalent to 6000 x 5000 px. * This option is in place to protect server from attempting to resize images beyond capabilities and/or slow performance.
  • Both image_resize_memory_limit and image_resize_max_pixels are now used to estimate which images are too large to be resized.
  • Removed options image_resize_min_filesize and image_resize_max_filesize which are no longer logical or useful.
Symlink support
As requested, we have now added support for symlinks (shortcuts) in Files app. This is a very useful feature, which allows Files app to read content from multiple unique directories. See symlink examples in demo > tests > symlinks.
  • New indicator icons for symlinks in list and menu.
  • New option allow_symlinks allows Files app to display and follow symlinks in both the list and menu.
  • New option menu_recursive_symlinks allows listing of subdirs of symlinks in the main menu. May cause harmless menu loops and/or duplicate menu items.
Windows server support
Files app now works flawlessly also on Windows OS based servers which may use \backslashes in directory paths. Tested on Windows using Laragon server [forum]

EXIF Image Orientation
Images with orientation stored in EXIF will now display correctly rotated in popup and modal, while resized images are correctly rotated according to image EXIF orientation (see  forum and exif orientation demo). * This only works on servers with PHP EXIF extension enabled and in most modern browsers that support CSS image-orientation

Scrollbar UI design
New unobtrusive scrollbar designs in menu and main window that match the Files app design. Menu overflow scrollbar now only appears on mouse hover, and scrollbar is temporarily removed when opening popup. * Scrollbar improvements apply for OS/devices that have physical scrollbars (mainly Windows OS).

Extensive mime type mapping
Mime type is used to detect the type of file (image, video, text etc) so that Files app knows what to do with it. Instead of extracting on server (PHP), file mime-type is now mapped from file extension, which is much faster. We use an extensive list of file extensions correctly mapped to mime type, which solves issues with misconfigured servers returning incorrect or missing mime types (forum). New option get_mime_type (disabled by default) will force server (PHP) to extract file mime types. This is slower, but more accurate if your files have extensions that don't match the actual file type.

CSS variables
Files app now uses CSS variables (works in all modern browsers), which allow great flexibility for those who want to customize advanced layout/design features. The following variables are already available (use _files/css/custom.css):
Code
:root {
  --strong-color: seagreen;
  --sidebar-width: calc(10vw + 180px);
  --sidebar-width-small: 85vw;
  --sidebar-width-hover: 480px;
  --row-height: 100px;
  --row-large-height: 160px;
  --columns-width: 160px;
  --grid-small: 100px;
  --grid-large: 158px;
}
More improvements ...
  • New indicator for forbidden (unreadable) files and folders in list and menu. Forbidden images don't attempt to load preview image and won't attempt to open in popup. * See forbidden example in demo > tests > forbidden.
  • Added download-button in popup for touch/mobile devices (forum). This works in most modern mobile devices that support the download attribute, although in iOS Chrome browser it currently opens image in browser instead of downloading. 
  • New option show_hidden_files allows Files app to show hidden/system files (*normally files that start with a .dot like .htaccess).
  • New option context_menu set to false disables context-menu button and right-click menu (forum).
  • New option prevent_right_click blocks browser right-click menu to prevent easily downloading images (forum)
  • Files app will now update user config file (normally _files/config/config.php) with new options after updating.
  • Code viewer can now view/edit empty text files and .htaccess files.
  • Improved error-reporting and all requests (images, json, html) now include memory usage and request time in response headers.
  • Upgraded to new Bootstrap 5. Files app will be using more features from Bootstrap 5 in future releases.
  • Updated several external Javascript plugins.
Bug fixes
  • Fixed sidebar toggle-expand button for mobile/touch devices.
  • Files app now works without PHP EXIF extension, although with reduced functionality.
  • Can now edit .htaccess and empty text files (when code_allow_edit option is enabled).
  • Fixed so that Files app still works when JSON mime-type is incorrectly set to "text/plain".
  • Fixed url paths when current folder is same as document root.
  • Fixed a bug where top right context-menu button in popup was not updating after navigating to next image.
License *optional
We have now included the option to purchase a license [$39.00] directly from the Files app interface. Purchasing a license removes the license popup and unlocks features (mostly coming soon). More importantly, you are supporting Files app development! * License is entirely optional, and there will always be a free version with all basic features.

How to update?
Simply update directly from the "bell" icon top right of Files app or download latest index.php. * All your custom config will remain in tact as long as you are adding your config to _files/config/config.php.

Config options
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=9964

Website
www.files.gallery

Demo
main demo / login / modal / disabled images / disabled menu / preload all / single dir

arbu

Re: Files app 0.2.0 :apple:

29 Sep 2020, 12:11

I pay it . But I can’t use it , something is wrong 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

29 Sep 2020, 21:33

arbu wrote: I pay it . But I can’t use it , something is wrong 
What's wrong? Does it say you can't save license key? If so, please manually create the folder /_files/config/, refresh and try again ... I think there is a bug with this mechanism on some servers.

arbu

01 Oct 2020, 08:49

Thank you ! It's work ! And now I have another question! How to hide the Exif of the photos

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Oct 2020, 23:10

arbu wrote:Thank you ! It's work ! And now I have another question! How to hide the Exif of the photos
There is no "option" for this, but it can easily be hidden with CSS.
  1. Create a file /_files/css/custom.css
  2. Open the file in any text editor, add the following, and save:
    Code
    .popup-exif {
      display: none;
    }
    .list .exif {
      display: none;
    }

arbu

02 Oct 2020, 22:53

Hi,
    Thank you so much! I love this app! 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Oct 2020, 00:30

Files app 0.2.2 released
Fixed a bug where /_files/config dir and /_files/config/config.php was not automatically created on first load. This in turn prevented license key from being saved.

Highlander

24 Oct 2020, 14:12

Are there any plans to provide a clean layout to embed on bootstrap pages without any header or menu?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Oct 2020, 00:07

Highlander wrote:Are there any plans to provide a clean layout to embed on bootstrap pages without any header or menu?
This has been asked earlier, and I do have some ideas to create an "embed" gallery that can easily be embedded into other websites. However, I can't currently give you a timeline for this.

It would be amazing if Files gallery app could be used for this, but it's simply not feasible since Files is a self-contained app. With an embeddable gallery, you would want a non-iframe solution, so the concept would be quite different. However, with Files app we already have the API ready for an embeddable gallery, and half the job is done, so it's definitely on the radar! Thanks for asking.

mschultzer

12 Nov 2020, 00:52

Hi,

First off: love the Files app :ok_hand:

One thing though, I had to make a change to files.js (encodeURIComponent(N.modal.code_mirror.getValue()) in order to have the app save '+' and '&' when editing files. At this point I can't assess the pros/cons - I'll leave that up to you. 

Kind regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Nov 2020, 04:37

mschultzer wrote:One thing though, I had to make a change to files.js (encodeURIComponent(N.modal.code_mirror.getValue()) in order to have the app save '+' and '&' when editing files. At this point I can't assess the pros/cons - I'll leave that up to you.
Confirm. I will look into it for next release. I can't see any reason why your fix should cause any complications, and it may very well be the final solution.

Thanks for reporting!

Bobby

03 Dec 2020, 10:01

Hi! I'm interested in purchasing Files App, using a PleskOnyx-Server running on windows.

Unfortunatelly I have a problem with the preview of images - these are broken.
The developer-console of Chrome tells me "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 415 (Unsupported Media Type)

I'm getting the reponse: Error Empty mime type.

Do you know what's wrong?

Thank you!

BR,
Bob
Last edited by Bobby on 04 Dec 2020, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Dec 2020, 10:25

Bobby wrote:Unfortunatelly I have a problem with the preview of images - these are broken.
The developer-console of Chrome tells me "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 415 (Unsupported Media Type)
Just finishing off for the day here, but I had a quick look ... The error response from Files app itself is "Error: empty mime type", which is the response when your server PHP is trying to figure out the mime type of the output. I see you have enabled "get_mime_type" setting, which forces PHP to use mime_content_type($file) function, which seems to fail on your server for the given file (which is a standard JPG image). Did you try with get_mime_type disabled?

Any chance you could provide FTP login? If possible, you could limit to an empty private dir where I can test a few things. I will look into it again tomorrow, but it's definitely server-related one way or another ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Dec 2020, 00:24

Thanks for giving me test access. Basically, your server is missing functions to detect file MIME type ... Files app uses mime_content_type() and finfo_file() as fallback (if mime_content_type function is not available), but both are disabled on your server. I made a test on your server:

cdn.wolfcraft.com/products/mime.php

Although there are workarounds, detecting the mime type of the requested file is quite important for functionality and security. One could use a "lookup table" to get mime type from the file extension, but that is not safe, and would require a large list to map all possible values. Files app needs to know the mime type (eg "image/jpeg) to detect if it's truly an image, and if it can be resized, and if it might be an image without image-extension, and that it's not a PHP file disguised as "image.jpg", and finally it needs to output mime type to browser.

I added a quick patch on your website so that images work, by generating mime type from extension. Please check!
Code
// FIX / allow images from extension
if(!$mime && preg_match('/\.(jpe?g|png|gif|webp)$/i', $path)) {
  $ext = pathinfo($path, PATHINFO_EXTENSION);
  if($ext) {
    $ext = strtolower($ext);
    $mime = 'image/' . ($ext === 'jpg' ? 'jpeg' : $ext);
  }
}
The above is really just a hack, and only works for image resizing. Besides, you have a few other issues going on because of missing MIME detection functions ... For instance, the "_files" cache/config directory, which is displaying in the menu, should be hidden. You should really look into it!

Also, you should re-enable "cache".

920world

24 Dec 2020, 05:20

Hello author, I like your files very much? I read the articles in other columns of your forum. There are X3 and X2, and there are files. Is files x2? And does this program have background control? If so, can I watch backstage?