Re: Files app 0.2.0 :apple:

26 Jul 2021, 08:55

That did the trick, thank you.

Ron

abc

26 Jul 2021, 11:59

mjau-mjau wrote:
abc wrote:1. When is the next version expected to be released?
Currently working on a new version, which should be out within 3-4 weeks.
abc wrote:2. Will the next version be a single file?:innocent:
Always!
Thank you sir.

Looking forward to the next version.

Hope to add delete function, the others are perfect in my opinion.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

27 Jul 2021, 00:32

abc wrote:Hope to add delete function, the others are perfect in my opinion.
Our intention is to add complete file manager capabilities, but for this, we need to take into consideration users, logins and security. I might add "upload" and "delete" as beta options in next release.

RonAckerman

19 Aug 2021, 09:59

Hello, 
I'm not sure where I asked this, maybe the embed thread. And I'm not sure you gave a solution. For the Files app, I would like to provide the ability to download (via zip) a folder. I'm using files app for a audio library for our DJ's and it's too time consuming for them to download single files one at a time. 

Thanks 
Ron

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Aug 2021, 20:33

RonAckerman wrote:I'm not sure where I asked this, maybe the embed thread. And I'm not sure you gave a solution. For the Files app, I would like to provide the ability to download (via zip) a folder. I'm using files app for a audio library for our DJ's and it's too time consuming for them to download single files one at a time. 
Hi. Yes, I believe that was asked previously. There are some challenges involved, but it should be possible to create a "download folder" (as zip) option. I'm currently working on a new release, and perhaps I'll take a look at this feature.

Temporary solution? There is no automated solution, but you could of course pre-create a download.zip in each directory, containing all the files in the dir, which users can then click to download.

RonAckerman

20 Aug 2021, 16:59

mjau-mjau wrote:
RonAckerman wrote:I'm not sure where I asked this, maybe the embed thread. And I'm not sure you gave a solution. For the Files app, I would like to provide the ability to download (via zip) a folder. I'm using files app for a audio library for our DJ's and it's too time consuming for them to download single files one at a time. 
Hi. Yes, I believe that was asked previously. There are some challenges involved, but it should be possible to create a "download folder" (as zip) option. I'm currently working on a new release, and perhaps I'll take a look at this feature.

I hope so!

Temporary solution? There is no automated solution, but you could of course pre-create a download.zip in each directory, containing all the files in the dir, which users can then click to download.
Temp solution would be a daunting task with close to 400 directories which will almost be double in space.

Thanks, looking forward to your update.
Ron

abc

15 Oct 2021, 11:04

Months have passed, when will the next version be released?

Hope to add a delete button.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

15 Oct 2021, 23:28

abc wrote:Hope to add a delete button.
"Delete" is already added alongside "upload" and other filemanager options. Filemanager options will be beta in this release, because I need to improve the interface for these features.
abc wrote:Months have passed, when will the next version be released?
Working on it, and it will be out in a couple of weeks for sure. Loads of new features, especially filemanager options, caused delays.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Nov 2021, 05:24

Bobby wrote:I'm getting the reponse: Error Empty mime type.
Resolved in Files app 0.3.0. File mime type (when resizing images) is now only checked if server has PHP mime_content_type() enabled.
mschultzer wrote:One thing though, I had to make a change to files.js (encodeURIComponent(N.modal.code_mirror.getValue()) in order to have the app save '+' and '&' when editing files. At this point I can't assess the pros/cons - I'll leave that up to you. 
Resolved in Files app 0.3.0.
abc wrote:Hope to add a delete button.
Delete button was added in Files app 0.3.0 [demo]
RonAckerman wrote:Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in e:\online\djs\index.php on line 1291
Resolved in Files app 0.3.0.
RonAckerman wrote:For the Files app, I would like to provide the ability to download (via zip) a folder.
Download dir option was added in Files app 0.3.0 [demo] and you can find new config options download_dir and download_dir_cache.
RonAckerman wrote:Temp solution would be a daunting task with close to 400 directories which will almost be double in space.
Keep in mind, you would normally want to use option download_dir_cache for zip, else creating the zip file on-the-fly for each click will often be too slow and unresponsive. In other words, for downloading zip to be effective, you might be having to double your space consumed anyway. Creating the zip for large content is simply a time-consuming process.

Optionally, there is experimental setting 'download_dir' => 'files', which is basically multi-file downloader directly in browser. I have tested, and it works nicely on desktop, but it doesn't work on mobile devices. The advantage is that that it doesn't require zipping on server, and the user does not need to unzip after download. There are some pitfalls, but it might work nicely on mp3 folders if you are not conserned with mobile users.

-
* This topic is now locked
This topic is for an older Files app release. Please post new requests and questions in separate posts.