Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

hpdorn
Topic Author

Other Panorama Software

31 Dec 2021, 16:21

Is there a chance to support other software than KRPANO and Pano2VR?

For example: PanoramaStudio 

May be it is not so different to the other two.

Regards
Hans-Peter

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Other Panorama Software

01 Jan 2022, 01:39

hpdorn wrote:Is there a chance to support other software than KRPANO and Pano2VR?
Yes it's possible, but keep in mind, X3's support for KRpano and Pano2VR is only for "flat" format panoramas, not spherical panoramas. X3 uses Marzipano as panorama renderer, and it can be adapted to support various input, but it's very tedious to prepare for other 3rd party panorama-export formats. Especially as they continuously change export format in XML or JSON.

To be honest, this is probably why there are no other panorama viewers/plugins out there that support formats from different providers than their own. They all work with their own native export + viewer.
hpdorn wrote:For example: PanoramaStudio
I could probably look into supporting "flat" formats from PanoramaStudio, but I don't think X3/Marzipano can easily support other native formats.

To be fair, if you own a PanoramaStudio license, it's probably easier and more future-proof to include projects exported with their interface as popups in X3.

hpdorn
Topic Author

Re: Other Panorama Software

07 Jan 2022, 16:44

Thanks a lot for your answer. :slight_smile:
I see the difficulties to support other software.

I have decided to use Panoramastudios own export to embed it in X3. 

If someone wants to export a Panoramastudio panorama the following setting is necessary to fit the Marzipano requirements:

"Field-of-view" must be 360x180 and not the default setting "automatic"

Regards 
Hans-Peter