Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

roderic wilson
Topic Author

video pop up window url

22 Jan 2015, 09:01

Hi

i use a lot of flv videos on my site which uses imagevuex2 .

i want my clients to be able to copy the url for any video they like for their various uses but because it appears in a pop up window they can't do this as the url is still the same as the folder page .

is there ny wy round this ?
it worked fine when i used the old imagevue (not x)

regards

Roderic

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: video pop up window url

22 Jan 2015, 11:00

It was the same version, but newer versions of Imagevue X2 use an improved video player that also plays mp4 files, so that the videos are viewable also from mobile devices. The previous version only supported FLV files, something which is not acceptable in 2014.

The new X3 will be replacing outdated X2 now anyway, which lacks many features in terms of url sharing, seo and video.

roderic wilson
Topic Author

22 Jan 2015, 13:39

thanks
is there a way with the current version for the viewer to find and copy the url while viewing the website ?
i don't see myself updating in a hurry .

i can go to the admin end to get the url of individual videos if i want to send a link to a specific video to a client but if they want to , for example forward a link to one of the videos on my wesite to someone else they can't.

are you saying they will e ale to do this in version x3 ?

Roderic

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Jan 2015, 00:05

You can actually just revert to the former FLV-only player, since you are using FLV files: Go to settings > misc > video, uncheck "external player"
https://d.pr/i/1bDEE+
roderic wilson wrote:are you saying they will e ale to do this in version x3 ?
We are generally recommending 3rd party service like Vimeo for hosting videos, considered the benefits of speed, compatibility and multi-bitrate output. Currently in X3, sharing is simple because a page is a page (unlike X2 "pseudo" pages) ... You can also deep link (share) popup windows, with videos if required ... We will need to smooth out a few things.