Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

janric
Topic Author

Picture update not reflected in the Browser

15 Sep 2014, 07:59

Hello I have a problem, when I update a picture, then perform the upload overwriting the original file, I do see the changed photo inside the management screen, but in the normal display, it remains the old photo.
I have tried to clean any caches I could find (Browser cache, ipage cache, and even checked flash cache). Is there some caching inside imagevuex ? I couldn't find anything about it in the admin console.
Thank you
Jan

janric
Topic Author

Re: Picture update not reflected in the Browser

15 Sep 2014, 08:54

janric wrote:Hello I have a problem, when I update a picture, then perform the upload overwriting the original file, I do see the changed photo inside the management screen, but in the normal display, it remains the old photo.
I have tried to clean any caches I could find (Browser cache, ipage cache, and even checked flash cache). Is there some caching inside imagevuex ? I couldn't find anything about it in the admin console.
Thank you
Jan
Ok sorry for that, I think it may have been the iPage cache in the end. I stopped the caching, but it still took a while to be taken into account.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Picture update not reflected in the Browser

16 Sep 2014, 01:11

This may happen because of various factors, but Imagevue does not cache images in any way. If you are experiencing the above, it is either browser caching, or in some cases it could be some proxy caching on the web through your ISP or another mid-end service.