Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

zipper
Experienced
Topic Author

a few questions

04 Sep 2014, 05:25

I would like the navigation menu to have indented links off non indented links, or submenu systems so that I can group things together better and make certain tabs standout more then others, how do I go about doing this?

also theres a download button which no matter going threw a few no download info pages I couldn’t get rid of, how do you get ride of it as I am trying to use fotomoto with this

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: a few questions

04 Sep 2014, 23:55

zipper wrote:I would like the navigation menu to have indented links off non indented links, or submenu systems so that I can group things together better and make certain tabs standout more then others, how do I go about doing this?
I am not quite sure what you mean here. First level items are non-indented of course ... second level items are indented at the indent level. You want to turn off the indent? It would looks strange if you want some 2nd level items non-indented compared to 1st level, and other 2nd level elements indented ... You cannot hardcode different indents on a per item basis in Imagevue, and I think at best that would cause confusion for the visitor.
zipper wrote:also theres a download button which no matter going threw a few no download info pages I couldn’t get rid of, how do you get ride of it as I am trying to use fotomoto with this
Perhaps you have a link or a screenshot so I can tell you how to remove this download button you speak of?

zipper
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Sep 2014, 17:03

I don't know how to turn on and off indentation, this would help as I want levels of indentation to separate content up

as for the download button,

the top of the navigation goes "open in lightbox" "download" "zoom in" "zoom out" "Share this page" "buy"

I cant see where to change these or turn off download, right clicking I think I have removed now, but this button I cant find where to remove this

zipper
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Sep 2014, 21:27

the website is www.zacz.com I am also finding that the email function and contact button gets "could not inistantiate email function"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Sep 2014, 23:20

zipper wrote:I don't know how to turn on and off indentation, this would help as I want levels of indentation to separate content up
As far as I can see, you don't even have any submenus at this point? You would need to go to "themes" -> create new theme (from the one you want to use), and then edit theme settings under the "menu" tab ...
zipper wrote:as for the download button,

the top of the navigation goes "open in lightbox" "download" "zoom in" "zoom out" "Share this page" "buy". I cant see where to change these or turn off download, right clicking I think I have removed now, but this button I cant find where to remove this
Then you are speaking of what we refer to as "imagebuttons". Go to admin->settings->image->imagebuttons and toggle the items you want:
zipper wrote:the website is http://www.zacz.com I am also finding that the email function and contact button gets "could not inistantiate email function"
Not sure what host you are using that has not enabled the default localhost mailer. If this does not work on your server, you need to set up the SMTP mailer using any existing mail account + mails server you are using ... The settings are under admin->settings->email.

zipper
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Sep 2014, 21:22

the buy now button doesnt come up on the pages and fotomoto doesnt always load, I know I need to connect the high resolution files to it at some point, at this point im just kicking everything on for sharing and downloading, and if people support then they buy something so it would be nice to have this working, also when I send and email how do I customize this page as well? I see I need to work threw themes and see what can be come up with, it does look like theres lots to choose and settings to configure

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Sep 2014, 00:22

zipper wrote:the buy now button doesnt come up on the pages and fotomoto doesnt always load,
Fotomoto has its reasons ... you have signed up, added your account, uploaded photos?
zipper wrote:also when I send and email how do I customize this page as well?
Not really a page, but you can edit the email templates in files iv-includes/include/sendlink.html and iv-includes/include/contact.html. Be careful though, this is html and basic PHP, and is not something we normally recommend users to edit.
zipper wrote:I see I need to work threw themes and see what can be come up with, it does look like theres lots to choose and settings to configure
There is a lot to choose from, but a lot of work has been put into smart defaults that suit all combinations. Proceed with caution ...

zipper
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Sep 2014, 23:38

how do I make a navigation menu? I cant see where to indent as mentioned above, in my listings it would be nice to be able to submenu folders, so under pictures I could have a few different headings indented back so it doesn't come under a main header, I would like the idea of drawing some graphics for the menu system so it can be broken down, I don't know how customizable it is

also how can I make say a page with a couple of images on the page with text boxes next to them with content, I can see how to make a text page but not how to edit it or add thumbnails

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Sep 2014, 02:00

It seems you are of the belief that Imagevue is a website-builder or something. It is in many ways a pre-made dedicated website application template, with a backend. You can change colors and fonts, toggle a few navigation elements, but that is pretty much it ...
zipper wrote:how do I make a navigation menu?
The menu displays on the left when you add folders. You cant just "add" additional menus, and even if you could where would you add it?
zipper wrote:I cant see where to indent as mentioned above, in my listings it would be nice to be able to submenu folders, so under pictures I could have a few different headings indented back so it doesn't come under a main header, I would like the idea of drawing some graphics for the menu system so it can be broken down, I don't know how customizable it is
You can choose an indentation to slightly tweak the menu, and a few other options ... you cant make your own menu from scratch or anything. The indent option is under THEME SETTINGS, and you have to create a new theme from a default theme before you can edit theme settings:
zipper wrote:also how can I make say a page with a couple of images on the page with text boxes next to them with content, I can see how to make a text page but not how to edit it or add thumbnails
Imagevue is a flash application, with normal gallery pages, and a basic "text page" module, which allows you to display basic text. You can use the normal gallery mode and add a long description, and the thumbnails will display below naturally. If you change to a textpage, you can have text, but you cant add thumbnails ... What do you mean you cant edit it? You can add text into the content field when you make a textpage ...