Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

frontera
Topic Author

Icon

07 Jan 2014, 18:48

hi
I would like to change the color of the icons but i cant find where to do. can somebody help?
thanks for any hint.
Attachments
icon.JPG
icon.JPG (72.18 KiB) Viewed 3725 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Icon

08 Jan 2014, 04:21

This is in your theme settings, image -> image buttons ->
Default values are inherited from global background_color and custom_color settings, but you can use HEX colors #FFC000 etc.

You should avoid having to set these, because all default themes have contrasting foreground and background colors by default. Somehow, you have managed to set non-contrasting colors in a theme. Not a problem though.

frontera
Topic Author

08 Jan 2014, 15:24

Hi Karl
thanks a lot.
do you have a description what is Mailcontrol / Largecontrol and all other Icons?
It would be easier for me to know where I have to change some settings.

again thanks
greetings Gere

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jan 2014, 03:17

frontera wrote:do you have a description what is Mailcontrol / Largecontrol and all other Icons?
mailcontrol? Do you mean maincontrols? All settings in Imagevue have descriptions (as you can see on the right in the screenshot below). There are so many settings in Imagevue, that we cannot explain everything in depth, but the settings are available.

Basically "largecontrols" are just the large arrow controls on left/right of images and thumbnails. The "Maincontrols" are the navigation controls below the image and thumbnails, with several buttons depending on your settings.

frontera
Topic Author

09 Jan 2014, 16:12

Hi Karl
I know you do your best and it is not easy to explain every thing.
my english is not the best and sometime I do not understand what some expression are. So it is not bad you documentation but my english knowledge.

I changed my background from black to white and now some text and Icons are to dark.
the next that I cant find where to change is in the start page.
Where can I change the text color?

my page is www.frontera.ch

Thanks again

Greetings Gennaro
Attachments
text.JPG
text.JPG (40.68 KiB) Viewed 3687 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2014, 02:32

frontera wrote:I changed my background from black to white and now some text and Icons are to dark.
This is not a good idea ... If you want to use a white background, you should first select an original theme that has a light background. If you want a dark background, you should first choose an original theme that has a dark background. Why? Because all colors in a specific theme are set in rcontrast to each other ... If you change from dark to light background on a theme, a lot of the font colors and foreground colors will not be visible.

I strongly suggest you FIRST select an Imagevue theme with a LIGHT background, and then create a copy of that theme and modify it.
frontera wrote:Where can I change the text color?
If you do wish to proceed however, you will need to edit colors for fonts, which is all done in your theme stylesheet. Admin -> themes -> edit your theme -> edit theme stylesheet.
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cssreference/

frontera
Topic Author

12 Jan 2014, 15:46

Hi Karl
I did what you recommended.
it is much easier to copy the Main control settings as to find all color settings parameters.

thanks for your sedulous support.

Greetings Gennaro