Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Simon_ASA
Topic Author

Textpage resize & Gallery navigation

05 Nov 2013, 09:46

Hello,

I use ImageVue for my portfolio and I found 2 issues that I can't fix by myself. I've been trying various things and searched for answers on the forums, but I didn't find any solution. Maybe I'm not using the good keywords to search ? Sorry, I'm not english...

My Imagevue site is here : http://www.simonmesnard.fr
I have the latest version of Imagevue, that I just installed on the previous version of my gallery. I have found the following bugs with all the versions I tried.
This is the detail :

Bug 1 - Textpage with picture resize

I'm using textpages to display a picture of my short films. You can click on each picture to play the film from Vimeo.
(you can find these specific textpages from the Main Menu, in the Welcome and Videos tabs)

Everything works fine, except that the textpage doesn't always resize correctly. This is quite a random issue, sometimes it works great, and sometimes it doesn't. You need to refresh the page again and again to make the issue appear/disappear.

This is what is should always look like :

And this is what it looks like sometimes, randomly :

Bug 2 - Gallery navigation

The second problem is when you visit any of the galleries (Main Menu/Gallery).

The galleries show well, it's great. Now when you click on a picture to enlarge it, it works too. But here comes the trouble : you can't change the picture anymore. You can try right click/next, or the arrow icons, or the slideshow at the bottom... nothing works :(

The only solution is to go back to thumbnails mode, and to choose another picture from here.

That's it, I hope you see what I mean and can help ! I have no hurry in fixing this, they're not big issues.
Thanks !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Textpage resize & Gallery navigation

05 Nov 2013, 11:51

#1 textpages
I can confirm I can see this bug on your website. This is a glitch with poor html+img integration into flash textfields, and technically, Imagevue text pages were never meant to be used for this. I will have to look into this later, but I am wondering one things ... If you need to have a "landing page" for the video to be clicked, then why not use a single large image instead? Seems unnecessary to a textpage with an image inside. You have more control and flexibility with just an image.

#2 navigation
I assume you mean navigation is broken here and there? I als noticed that ... This is not normal, and I haven't seen it before. I glanced at your config file, and although I can't detect all details, I did see one very strange occurrence. In your transitions, you have managed to set an EMPTY transition setting for static transitions (between images of identical size):
Code
<static_trans/>
http://www.simonmesnard.fr/?a=config

I am in fact guessing that is the culprit. You need to have a transition of some sort ... This is in your theme settings btw.

Simon_ASA
Topic Author

05 Nov 2013, 12:22

Oh thanks for the fast reply !!

Well I believe that both of my issues are due to mistakes from a lack of experience with Imagevue and html...

I don't know where the static transition thing comes from, I would never have had the idea by myself to write that :lol: I'll try to remove it as soon as possible and let you know.

About the other bug, I think that I have added the pictures into the textpages because it was the only way I found to have the Vimeo videos available on click on the picture... In fact, I had tried with a single image first (without textpage), but it didn't work for some reason. At the beginning, I wanted to have the video embed directly in the textpage, when I realized it is not possible with the Vimeo player.

Now that all my [pictures + links to Vimeo] are in textpages, I'll keep it as is, despite the bug. Well if you can fix it someday in a future version of Imagevue it will be great, but it's not a big trouble.

Edit : You were right !! I don't know why these transitions were unchecked, I must have tried something... Thanks a lot, it works great now !!!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Nov 2013, 22:57

Simon_ASA wrote:About the other bug, I think that I have added the pictures into the textpages because it was the only way I found to have the Vimeo videos available on click on the picture... In fact, I had tried with a single image first (without textpage), but it didn't work for some reason. At the beginning, I wanted to have the video embed directly in the textpage, when I realized it is not possible with the Vimeo player.
Understood. Now, if you do in fact want to change to a large preview image instead (which I think would look nicer), then you could follow these steps:

1. Go to admin -> settings -> attributes.image, add the link option.

2. Go to admin -> settings -> image.image.click, add set the dropdown to link.

3. Now, when you navigate to your images under management, there is a new input field "link". Add your javascript link snippet here, pointing to the video. https://d.pr/i/394z

Optionally, add some title or description "click image to view video". Set your folder to normal "gallery" mode, and since you have a single image in each folder, this image will display directly without thumbnails. Clicking the image will open the javascript link with the video. You can of course choose the size of your image, perhaps you don't want it very big ...

Simon_ASA
Topic Author

07 Nov 2013, 09:38

It sounds like an interesting solution, thanks. I'll try it soon ! I hope I can make it without breaking all my site :P
I'll let you know !