Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pbsd
Topic Author

How do you apply themes to your folder of images?

30 Oct 2013, 17:57

Ok so I am very new with this software and I need help with two things so far.
1. I know that I need to create a new theme which I did; I have a file of images however, I do not know how to merge the two.
2. When that is finished, how do you create a link out of that folder? I know that there is a submenu that says create link, however when I do that there is only an http: the rest is blank. I don't know if I am supposed to fill something in there. It seems it should do it automatically but it does not.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How do you apply themes to your folder of images?

31 Oct 2013, 01:31

pbsd wrote:1. I know that I need to create a new theme which I did; I have a file of images however, I do not know how to merge the two.
What do you mean "a file of images"? When you create a new theme, it duplicates the theme folder of the theme you created it from ... I don't understand what images you mean, as they should be copied over from the original theme you copied. If for some reason you might have had this theme from an earlier version of Imagevue, or you copied a an existing custom theme and the background images did not copy over properly, you may need to login by FTP ... Not quite sure what "file of images" you are referring to though ...
pbsd wrote:2. When that is finished, how do you create a link out of that folder? I know that there is a submenu that says create link, however when I do that there is only an http: the rest is blank. I don't know if I am supposed to fill something in there. It seems it should do it automatically but it does not.
Not quite sure what the question is. When you create a LINK from a folder, it means that this item in the menu will represent an external link. All you need for that a field with the HTTP link ... What else do you want for a link? Visitor clicks the link, it goes to another page, its not supposed to do anything else ...