Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Would You Like To Have Better Support For Videos In ImageVue?

Yes - I would like it to be easier to add videos!
8 (53%)
Yes - I would like to embed videos more easily!
4 (27%)
Yes - Instead of manually creating text links to lightboxes in HTML!
2 (13%)
No - Pasting 100's of lines of HTML in text pages is easy!
No votes
No - I enjoy spending hours manually linking videos in text pages!
1 (7%)

Total votes: 15

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Improved Video Gallery! Vimeo + YouTube "Folder" / "File

02 Oct 2013, 03:36

Bulletproof IT wrote:The same way multiple images are referenced in a folder, and one by one, a thumbnail is displayed, the same would occur for videos! :) Except, hopefully the API would download the thumbnail locally into the directory for faster viewing.
I am not disagreeing with you here, I am just trying to convey why this is very different from self-hosted gallery. With imagevue images, Imagevue works like this:

# Folder is on disk -> look in folder -> count files -> send list of them to Imagevue

With a Youtube gallery, even if there is a reference folder, there are obviously no videos stored inside. Imagevue basically reads directory- and file structure, so if suddenly there is to be a gallery of say youtube videos, that are not hosted there, we will need a new database-ish method of storing references to videos for a folder (or menu item if you wish). It must not necessarily be a database, but it needs to be a storage method that is currently beyond the concept of Imagevue, which reads what it actually finds inside a directory structure.

We will solve it somehow, possibly through some reference file name.you, which contains reference URL to the video. Keep in mind the below also ...
Bulletproof IT wrote:When can we trial v3 beta?
I hope to release a new "playground" website within a few weeks now, running on new Imagevue and showcasing new technologies used. I think I might be better equipped to answer your question after this. X3 will be very different from X2, in our opinion very much to the benefit of functionality, speed and accessibility first.

Bulletproof IT
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Nov 2013, 09:08

Looking forward to getting my hands on X3 beta / play-around 'playground' version or try your website.
Please let me know where I can give it a test run. I will be happy to provide concise constructive feedback too.
:)

Have there been any updates to X2 in the last two months? The Blog is still out of date...

Keep up the hard work!
» I Imagevue X3 «

Bulletproof IT
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Nov 2013, 09:08

Oh wow. Look at the poll.
50% of the people have said "Yes - I would like it to be easier to add videos! "

:D
» I Imagevue X3 «

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Nov 2013, 01:04

For Imagevue X3, we have already been tooling around with some new oEmbed functionality, which allows you to easily embed videos by simply adding the media link ... https://d.pr/i/NnJX

Bulletproof IT
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Nov 2013, 22:55

That is FANTASTIC news! I am really looking forward to this video functionality and I am looking forward to ask opportunity to test version 3!
:D
» I Imagevue X3 «

cyrofila

13 Dec 2013, 20:20

Hi,
    • When will imagevue X3 be released?
    • Will it be free to current paying customers of X2? If not how much will it cost for the upgrade
    • Will there be a beta release for the current paying imagevue X2 customers?
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2013, 03:09

Some tough questions there ;) Here is a thread that has been tracking news about Imagevue X3:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8064&start=75