Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

Re: Imagvue x3???

16 Aug 2013, 17:12

Martin wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:...Also, there will likely be a small upgrade fee ...
No problem at all...you guys have given us so many free upgrades over the last years, I've no objection paying for a complete new product!
We need a "Like" button here :)

gaitt
Experienced

06 Oct 2013, 19:06

Any news about this??
Anyway sounds great!

I'd love to see some mjau-mjau screenshot ... :D

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Oct 2013, 04:23

ok, let me get this out next week ... Don't initially expect to be blown away though. Currently working from the inside out, means getting the system working in terms of functionality and speed in a traditional layout, which will be extended upon later.

eskimo121
Experienced

07 Oct 2013, 05:25

Hurray for the upcoming demo!
---------
On a different note:
sorry for the double post but thought this maybe a better place to post.

Feature request:-

Hello, i was wondering if it was possible to randomize the display of images each time a visitors visits a folder.

i know there are pre-defined sorting options in the admin (including random sort order) but once set they dont change each time.

What im trying to say is: suppose i have 800 images in my gallery and all of them are great quality images, still the user will rarely browse until the end to view the 700th image for example. And each time he visits he will start from the same starting images. So it would be interesting if Imagevue shuffled the images in a selected folder to make it appear as if new content has been posted each time and the user wont be bored too.
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Oct 2013, 22:59

eskimo121 wrote:On a different note:
This will be possible in a future version. At this point there is random sorting, but it may cache in your browser.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

15 Oct 2013, 14:27

The current flash gallery has built in very basic SEO options - Title, description and keywords (keywords are actually useless in case of SEO / SERP).
I'm wondering about the HTML version. Is there any chance to get this area extended?
The imagevue software is designed to be a photo/video showcase/portfolio app, therefore, would be appropriate to include at least http://schema.org/Photograph markup (optionally, http://schema.org/VideoObject ).
Google Authorship markup would be a nice addition though :) .
I know that many variables comes in here in case of SEO / SERP , but... just wondering :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Oct 2013, 09:04

Artur wrote:I'm wondering about the HTML version. Is there any chance to get this area extended?
Speaking on behalf of the forthcoming version, HTML5 semantics, SEO and meta tags will be top priority. Although the gallery will be dynamic, each folder and file will be represented by an URL directly accessible for crawlers and for deep-linking, and each URL will have optimized meta data. In this age, a lot of the SEO involves making the page readable by the social services, and linking up with social accounts and authors. Important factors are the OGP protocol, Twitter markup, the Google schema markup (which is what you are referring to). This in addition to new html5 elements, which in itself offer better SEO, ref.: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/html ... eos/62512/. Here is a document that lists most of the important meta tags that should not be ignored: http://www.iacquire.com/blog/18-meta-ta ... e-in-2013/.

The links you sent me which are part of schema.org, I will look into ... These items do not benefit SEO to any large degree, but are mainly to better describe content so it can be parsed by social services, and in some cases applications and browsers for better rendering and understanding of content. Definitely something to add, especially the more obvious ones that can be extracted from basic data, like author, title, description, date.

tschortsch
Experienced

Imagvue x3???

20 Oct 2013, 12:18

mjau-mjau wrote:ok, let me get this out next week ... Don't initially expect to be blown away though. Currently working from the inside out, means getting the system working in terms of functionality and speed in a traditional layout, which will be extended upon later.
Any news about a x3 sandbox?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Oct 2013, 23:24

tschortsch wrote:Any news about a x3 sandbox?
Arrrgh :o ... was supposed to have it out yesterday! I got stuck in the mud perfecting the new html5 audio player, which is gonna be quite cool. Please give me this week, and thanks for asking.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

20 Oct 2013, 23:53

mjau-mjau wrote:
Artur wrote:I'm wondering about the HTML version. Is there any chance to get this area extended?
Speaking on behalf of the forthcoming version, HTML5 semantics, SEO and meta tags will be top priority. Although the gallery will be dynamic, each folder and file will be represented by an URL directly accessible for crawlers and for deep-linking, and each URL will have optimized meta data. In this age, a lot of the SEO involves making the page readable by the social services, and linking up with social accounts and authors. Important factors are the OGP protocol, Twitter markup, the Google schema markup (which is what you are referring to). This in addition to new html5 elements, which in itself offer better SEO, ref.: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/html ... eos/62512/. Here is a document that lists most of the important meta tags that should not be ignored: http://www.iacquire.com/blog/18-meta-ta ... e-in-2013/.

The links you sent me which are part of schema.org, I will look into ... These items do not benefit SEO to any large degree, but are mainly to better describe content so it can be parsed by social services, and in some cases applications and browsers for better rendering and understanding of content. Definitely something to add, especially the more obvious ones that can be extracted from basic data, like author, title, description, date.
That sounds great! :D

fotomada

04 Nov 2013, 06:35

what´s the status? Thank you.

nz-photo
Experienced

04 Nov 2013, 08:51

Guess we all can't wait to check the new X3 version ;)
Any news, release plan Karl ?
Empty your mind, be formless, be shapeless, like water...
www.nz-photo.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Nov 2013, 09:41

Yup, got this really cool slideshow integrated last few days ... but arrgh, yes I gotta get out something really soon on the "live playground". Sorry to keep you guys waiting, and will have something up shortly!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Nov 2013, 11:16

oh, did I forget to mention that I posted a few snapshots of new X3 playground features a few days ago?
https://www.photo.gallery/updatelog/imagevue ... mment-1100

looking forward to show the real thing ...

Martin
Experienced

Imagvue x3???

05 Nov 2013, 12:12

Hi Karl,

Just one word: GREAT!

Like so many others, I can't wait to restyle my website with X3
Thanks for all your efforts!