Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Vincent
Topic Author

Safe mode, and The script whose uid is 3746 is not allowed

27 Apr 2013, 18:10

Hello,

I just found this problem before I upgraded to 2.8.9, I have tried to delete all files and just upload clean imagevue programme, but still doesn't work.
I have sent a email to my web hosting "crazy domain".

my website is: http://www.vincentcui.co.uk

It will appear like this:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 3746 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /home/vincentc/public_html/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 22
Imagevue Admin /iv-admin/ »

What I should do? many thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Safe mode, and The script whose uid is 3746 is not allow

28 Apr 2013, 01:43

Your server has safe_mode running, and this is the culprit behind the problem. In fact, I checked your gallery and it seems most scripts are working, but just this error itself is corrupting the output. Further diagnosis shows that this is related to a temporary stored file stored in relation to the audio player, that your newly uploaded version does not have access to.

Did you try to delete the folder /tmp in your root? Check what is in there, it seems this may be related to how your server stores cookies.

In detail, this is what happens: The original Imagevue PHP scripts you had before your update, were successfully creating and modifying files and folders including this TMP folder. After upgrading, your server is basically blocking the same but new PHP scripts from modifying any files. Basically its saying "Hey these files do not belong to you, why are you trying to access this folder?".

Your options would be to make sure safe_mode is disabled on the server ... It is not standard, and in current version of PHP it has been deprecated. Else, your server host should be able to solve this issue as it seems only related to this TMP folder somehow which is associated with Imagevue PHP files that do not exist any more.

Vincent
Topic Author

10 May 2013, 08:21

Hello mjau,

Since last time I had the issue, I have contact with my host.
But the problem hasn't been solved.
I have no choice so I'm back to you for help.
I am pm you my account info, and please check it out.
Many thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 May 2013, 03:36

What did your host say? The truth is, they have a folder TMP, where temporary files and session data is to be stored. However, the Imagevue files you have uploaded by FTP, are not allowed to access the folder. They are using the deprecated safe_mode also. Furthermore, I tried to upload a clean test gallery on your gallery and not only do I get the same error, but all files/folders are uploaded with incorrect permissions (not set from me on upload).

I really would like to know what they are saying to this, and please feel free to quote me on the technical issues above.

I sent them an email to help@crazy***, but I am not expecting a reply from them. I assume this must come directly from their customer.

Vincent
Topic Author

11 May 2013, 14:00

Hi Mjau,

Thanks a lot for your replying.

I am posting the conversation between me and the host stuff, I don't know if it is gonna be helpful.

============================================================================================

Here are the record of our conversation until now.

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your email.

May I know if you have php.ini file uploadeded in to the webspace? Looking forward for your response.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have further queries.

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support
E: help@crazydomains.co.uk
W: www.CrazyDomains.co.uk

Hello Bema,

I don't really know a lot about website design, I guess it should be in the following folder:
/home/vincentc/public_html/iv-includes/include/getid3/getid3.php
But I am really not sure about this.

Plus, I bought the gallery from Imagevue, the designer replied me as this:
Your server has safe_mode running, and this is the culprit behind the problem. In fact, I checked your gallery and it seems most scripts are working, but just this error itself is corrupting the output. Further diagnosis shows that this is related to a temporary stored file stored in relation to the audio player, that your newly uploaded version does not have access to.

Did you try to delete the folder /tmp in your root? Check what is in there, it seems this may be related to how your server stores cookies.

In detail, this is what happens: The original Imagevue PHP scripts you had before your update, were successfully creating and modifying files and folders including this TMP folder. After upgrading, your server is basically blocking the same but new PHP scripts from modifying any files. Basically its saying "Hey these files do not belong to you, why are you trying to access this folder?".

Your options would be to make sure safe_mode is disabled on the server ... It is not standard, and in current version of PHP it has been deprecated. Else, your server host should be able to solve this issue as it seems only related to this TMP folder somehow which is associated with Imagevue PHP files that do not exist any more.

I hope it could be help.

Many thanks.

Kind reagards, 

Vincent Cui

www.vincentcui.co.uk
Email: info@vincentcui.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 8133 8112
M: 0044 (0)77 2031 4192 (UK)

Hello Vincent,

Can you please provide us your ftp log in details so we can check if there's a php.ini file.

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

Hello Vincent,

I have uploaded a php.ini file on your site. Please try to check it after few minutes and see if it works.

http://vincentcui.co.uk/

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

Hello Bema,

I can barely believe that it still haven't been solved. 
I am wondering, after uploaded the php.ini file, have you checked it after few minutes by yourself?
If you did, you will know that it still didn't work. 
And I can not understand that if you didn't. 
I believe this is not a big issue, but it has been more than one week to solve such a tiny issue, I am very unhappy about this.
Please pay more attention about my issue, because I am loosing customers by this problem.
Let me know what should I do next. 
I hope you can reply me email asap, not like before. 

Many thanks.

Kind reagards, 

Vincent Cui

www.vincentcui.co.uk

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your reply.

It works fine on my end. There's no more error shown on your website. Can you please try to visit your site again and try to clear the cache and cookies. Let me know if still doesn't work for you.

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

Hello Bema,

I have tried to visit my website, it still doesn't work for now. 
May I ask, did you only upload a php.ini file? and should I always keep this file whatever I change my website?
Is the php.ini for turning off the "safe mode"? If not, could you just simply turn off the safe mode?
And here is the suggestion from my programme provider:
Many thanks.

Hello Vincent,

Yes, I have uploaded a php.ini file in the public_html folder. Please be informed that this is only a one time courtesy. I have attached a screenshot to show that your website is up now.

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

Domains | Web Hosting | Email Hosting | Build A Website | NEW Search Engines

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket Details | Ticket ID: 6610726 | Department: Help - Crazy (UK)

Hello Bema,

I just checked my website, and actually I was testing the site using a empty programme from imagevue,
So actually my real website files are in another folder.
Now I have changed the name for my website holder, and it still not working.
So is that mean every time I change my files, I have to ask you to put different php.ini file for me?
and the same question, can you just simply turn off the safe mode? or you have to add a php.ini file for doing this?
Sorry about that I don't have any professional acknowledge of website constructing. 

Btw, these days, I can not access my email either, is there anything going wrong with the hosting?
Could you also check that for me?

Many thanks.

Hello Bema,

I have asked my friend to set 'safe_mode = off' in the php.ini file,
Can you please restart the Apache to apply the change?

Many thanks

Kind reagards, 

Vincent Cui

www.vincentcui.co.uk
M: 0044 (0)77 2031 4192 (UK)

Hello Vincent,

It's not possible to restart the Apache since your're in a shared server/hosting. Unless if you have you're own dedicated server you can do that.

You may check the php configuration by checking on the php.ini file.

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bema,

Please check my website, it still not working. 

What can I do for now?

Vincent
Topic Author

11 May 2013, 15:05

I am thinking about this:

If the reason of this issue is I have upgraded to the new version, can I just download an old version for now then switch to the new version after this issue has been solved?

But I don't have any old version. can you give me a link to download it?

Many thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 May 2013, 01:52

No I don't see how this has anything to do with a recent upgrade. It is related to something going on with your server.

About the php.ini ... This is a file that controls how your server works, and yes it would likely be elemental in setting things straight also. However, it is normally not made accessible to users (not you and not me) in a folder, and besides, it normally requires a server restart after changing anything in php.ini.

Furthermore I tried reading through the support email and all this talk about "the php.ini flle", where is it? I cannot see it is in public_html root, but even if it was so what? This is just a copy of the file and doesnt allow us the change anything. Its tiresome communicating with hosting support if this is all they can answer.
support wrote:You may check the php configuration by checking on the php.ini file.
So basically they are saying "we do not want to solve this, you can solve it yourself here is the server configuration file. Oh, but if you do manage to solve it with the php.ini file, don't expect us to update the server." Sorry they have some huge issues with their hosting. How can a newly uploaded PHP script not have access to folders that are there for scripts to use, defined by the server?

Sorry but I am slightly at my limits here. Personally, I would change hosting. I also emailed them btw, but I am not expecting a reply.

Vincent
Topic Author

12 May 2013, 13:39

I have downgraded my gallery to 2.8.5 cause I found a old folder in my external hard disk.

After I downgraded, I found the gallery and server works both fine.

I only found this problem after I upgraded to 2.8.8, but of course, not immediately. I found the problem few days later after I upgraded.

Through this happened, do you think there is also anything causing the problem which is the difference between 2.8.5 and any version after 2.8.8?

I am just guessing.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 May 2013, 14:48

I find this very strange but I will check what Nick says.

Vincent
Topic Author

13 May 2013, 07:52

Thanks mjau~

And I got new mail from my host:

Hello Vincent,

I have check your website and it's up and running. May I know if you encounter any errors?

Kind Regards,

Bema C
Online Support

Crazy Domains
Customer Support

Vincent
Topic Author

14 May 2013, 12:05

Hi mjau,

is there any good news?

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

14 May 2013, 21:40

Sorry, you would have to ask them to disable safe mode for your site.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 May 2013, 01:04

Vincent wrote:Hi mjau,

is there any good news?
They replied to me the same as you "hi I see you fixed the gallery". Unless they wish to try to solve this issue on their server, there is not much I can do. We did not introduce any new bugs to Imagevue. When you re-installed an older version, did you just rename a folder on your website or did you find a local copy and re-upload it?

Vincent
Topic Author

15 May 2013, 16:28

I found a old local copy to upload it.

I am also thinking about there is something causing the issue from programme side because even I just upload a empty new 2.8.10, it still not working.

To Nick: I did ask them to turn safe mode off, and they added a php.ini file in the folder. and it didn't work....

I don't really know how to do and how to describe this problem and what shall I ask them to do now....

I don't know anything about programme.... I'm so sorry

I will keep communicating with them.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 May 2013, 00:20

Vincent wrote:To Nick: I did ask them to turn safe mode off, and they added a php.ini file in the folder. and it didn't work....
Just for the record, they uploaded a php.ini file, but it has not effect by uploading it to a folder. Its basically just a copy of the server configuration file, so I am not sure what their plan was by doing that.

I even tried uploading the galleries another two times but gave up in the end ... Your server is setting incorrect permissions randomly on all files I upload, some files cannot be accessed through the web after upload. This is closely related to the permissions issue you are getting in the error. Your server has SAFE_MODE on, and not only is this non-standard, but also deprecated http://php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php. So basically even if the previous version is working for you, it seems to me randomly related to permissions on the server and safe_mode.

Sorry, but your server hosting is pretty below par. It could be you just happened to be unluckily placed on a misconfigured server, but without more from them, we would never find out.