Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Mooash
Topic Author

Auto-Upload of Hi Res images

04 Dec 2012, 16:20

Hi guys,

I noticed this topic here and it covers my main question about whether you can have a high res version and a low res version for just normal viewing. I'm just wondering if its possible to get Imagevue to do it automatically? As in, upload a image using the imagevue uploader and get it to resize it, but it'll then also move/copy the original high res version into that _altimages folder for storage/high res viewing.

Any help would be great. :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Auto-Upload of Hi Res images

04 Dec 2012, 23:42

Currently, no Imagevue does not do this. There are several reasons, but the main reason is because Imagevue is hosted on owners servers, which are mostly shared and do not have the capacity to resize large images. If we were running Imagevue as a service like flickr or picasa, and were in control of the server environment, we could offer this functionality. However, most shared servers(99%) simply are not capable of resizing very large images, so it would be pointless for us to add any script like this.

You could upload the large image, but it would create a memory limit error when Imagevue tried to resize the large image to a smaller one. It could perhaps be integrated into client-side conversion through the uploader somehow, but that would then need to create several files for upload and is a bit outside the scope since we didn't actually develop the uploader.

Mooash
Topic Author

05 Dec 2012, 00:07

No problem, thanks for your reply.

So basically my best way to do this would be to upload a smaller version of the image through the uploader and then FTP the high res pictures into the _altimage directory?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Dec 2012, 00:24

Mooash wrote:So basically my best way to do this would be to upload a smaller version of the image through the uploader and then FTP the high res pictures into the _altimage directory?
Exactly

Mooash
Topic Author

05 Dec 2012, 00:27

Awesome! Thanks for your help.

pepeynines

10 Dec 2012, 10:52

I actually FTP everything, low res and high res, folders, etc. I don't use the uploader for nothing.

spl1
Experienced

31 Dec 2012, 08:02

@pepeynines
pepeynines wrote:I actually FTP everything, low res and high res, folders, etc. I don't use the uploader for nothing.

i try the same.. but the"new" folders created in my ftp client are not showing in the Gallery.. or the admin gui..
is there any "refresh function" ?

could you explain me your upload process?

that would be great..

regards

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Jan 2013, 01:35

It would be instantly available, and there is no "refresh". I would need to check that by seeing a link to your gallery, and a reference path to a newly created folder that does not appear ...

spl1
Experienced

01 Jan 2013, 07:36

it is working now... it was a mistake on my side.. i triet all the time on the wrong subdomain.. :-(
sorry...

now... im able to upload Pictures directly wit the Lightroom Export Function to my gallery..
if its intresting for other users.. i can describe the whole process..

regards..

selor

11 Jul 2014, 08:57

Yes i am using lightroom 5.5 and it would be interesting you could explain your workflow .
Did you only use the normal FTP send plugins export of Lightroom ?

Thanks