Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

25 Jun 2012, 04:37

failax wrote:Now If I launch a video in the mobile version something happen, the video is shown, but I have not understood if it is strsaming or not.
It should be streaming yes ... But when you say "streaming", this is not true streaming anyway. Not even Youtube uses true streaming. What it does, is just starts loading the entire file, and it can start to play before its entirely loaded ... as long as the load is ahead of the playhead.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 04:39

tfm426 wrote:Am having a problem with video as well on iPhone and iPad it is perfect much better quality. But it will not play on pc at all I have tried 2 pc's and 3 browsers but nothing I get a page load but it will not play
You mean it will not play from the Imagevue flash interface? Got a link? Are you using the external player?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 04:45

datura wrote:thank you, I use this feature to a form available models.
my coding skills are limited it is possible to close the lightbox with a script or other after the confirmation of the shipment?
thank's
We are using the Colorbox lightbox plugin for jQuery. You can find more information about it here:
http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox

Apparently there are two methods there you could use:
Code
$.colorbox.close()
$.colorbox.remove()
You would simply trigger them like any other javascript function, for example onclick="javascript:$.colorbox.remove()"

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 04:52

tfm426 wrote:I have set a check in "link" but i cant work out how to make an image link sorry could you explain a little more detail hot to do it.
Sorry I was a bit vague. I dont know if I should recommend this workaround solution, but it might work ... Next release, we will add a method for hiding thumbnails in a folder that has other subfolders.

Basically, if you have set the link attribute in settings, now also set image.image.click=link, and then navigate to the file(s) in admin that you want to hide, and then simply add a link in the new "link" field that you will see.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 04:55

tfm426 wrote:Hi Sorry me again i am using a custom version of carbon theame with color css but when i try to edit style sheet it shows me imagevue style sheet and the changes i make only show up if i swap the css from color to imagevue css
Sorry, we need to do something about this for the next release, perhaps by adding a file selector in the CSS editor page. In the meantime, you will need to either A) Copy the CSS from color.css to imagevue.css or B) Edit the color.css stylesheet by ways of FTP.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 04:59

tfm426 wrote:In mobile some images wont show as an icon i just get a blue box with a ? And another image from the same folder will is there a reason or a special file size.
No know reason as long as the files as png/jpg/gif ... What do you mean "wont show as an icon"? I need a link to see this ...

alsapix

25 Jun 2012, 05:46

First, thank you,
I wanted to close the lightbox after 4-5 seconds with just the messsage "message sent" but I just managed to add a button "close" ...
this is above my skills
http://www.alsapix.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 08:00

datura wrote:First, thank you,
I wanted to close the lightbox after 4-5 seconds with just the messsage "message sent" but I just managed to add a button "close" ...
this is above my skills
I am not sure, but I assume you have some custom contact form? You would need to set the $.colorbox.remove() event with the event that makes "message sent" appear. If you want to add a few seconds delay, you would need to add some additional delay event to the event like this:
http://api.jquery.com/delay/

It gets a bit more complicated, you need to add some jQuery javascript ...

alsapix

25 Jun 2012, 08:14

you can see an example of what I have do
http://www.alsapix.com ==> F O R M U L A I R E
it will be too complicated for me to automatically close the lightbox
I think leave it like that...

thank's Karl
http://www.alsapix.com

tfm426
Experienced

25 Jun 2012, 08:17

mjau-mjau wrote:
tfm426 wrote:In mobile some images wont show as an icon i just get a blue box with a ? And another image from the same folder will is there a reason or a special file size.
No know reason as long as the files as png/jpg/gif ... What do you mean "wont show as an icon"? I need a link to see this ...
Take a look at www.tmoores.com click on weddings and follow the folders to find video you will also see the problems with no images if you follow the same folders in mobile. I am not using the link example you showed me one step at a time is best.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

25 Jun 2012, 12:17

tfm426 wrote:Take a look at http://www.tmoores.com click on weddings and follow the folders to find video you will also see the problems with no images if you follow the same folders in mobile. I am not using the link example you showed me one step at a time is best.
First of all, I thought you said images? This is video, and FLV files I suppose? FLV will not play on mobile devices (at least not iphone or ipad). Also, the folder name is "Vreyant & Tracey", and I assume you made this by FTP? Its tricky naming with servers having space and "&" characters directly in the file name. We use TITLES so that you can make easier folder names like "vreyant-and-tracy", and then have a separate title.

I am not quite sure what link example you mean ... So this problem is only with videos then?

tfm426
Experienced

25 Jun 2012, 12:25

mjau-mjau wrote:
tfm426 wrote:Take a look at http://www.tmoores.com click on weddings and follow the folders to find video you will also see the problems with no images if you follow the same folders in mobile. I am not using the link example you showed me one step at a time is best.
First of all, I thought you said images? This is video, and FLV files I suppose? FLV will not play on mobile devices (at least not iphone or ipad). Also, the folder name is "Vreyant & Tracey", and I assume you made this by FTP? Its tricky naming with servers having space and "&" characters directly in the file name. We use TITLES so that you can make easier folder names like "vreyant-and-tracy", and then have a separate title.

I am not quite sure what link example you mean ... So this problem is only with videos then?
As for video it is mp4 I have deleted the flv and it plays perfect on iPad and iPhone just won't play on pc. I did make the folders with FTP yes some of them is this the problem? If you look again at the mobile site follow " photos1 then "John" same problem and all these folders were made in imagevue no FTP used to make them.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Jun 2012, 03:38

tfm426 wrote:As for video it is mp4 I have deleted the flv and it plays perfect on iPad and iPhone just won't play on pc. I did make the folders with FTP yes some of them is this the problem? If you look again at the mobile site follow " photos1 then "John" same problem and all these folders were made in imagevue no FTP used to make them.
Ok, so I am checking the video ... Now its gone though as you seem to be running the default Imagevue release content? Sorry, it was a bit unclear what was the problem in the first place, some images in mobile not displaying, and some videos in the flash gallery not displaying?

It is normally OK to create folders by FTP, but I would recommend using only plain characters with no spaces for folder names. You can use the title attribute to create more character-complex titles for your folders, thats what they are for.

tfm426
Experienced

26 Jun 2012, 03:57

mjau-mjau wrote:
tfm426 wrote:As for video it is mp4 I have deleted the flv and it plays perfect on iPad and iPhone just won't play on pc. I did make the folders with FTP yes some of them is this the problem? If you look again at the mobile site follow " photos1 then "John" same problem and all these folders were made in imagevue no FTP used to make them.
Ok, so I am checking the video ... Now its gone though as you seem to be running the default Imagevue release content? Sorry, it was a bit unclear what was the problem in the first place, some images in mobile not displaying, and some videos in the flash gallery not displaying?

It is normally OK to create folders by FTP, but I would recommend using only plain characters with no spaces for folder names. You can use the title attribute to create more character-complex titles for your folders, thats what they are for.
Hi I deleted content and replaced it with a new copy of the content folder as you can see. I will re load everything and try it again then get back to you if I stil have problems. Thanks for all your help

tfm426
Experienced

26 Jun 2012, 18:51

tfm426 wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:

Hi I deleted content and replaced it with a new copy of the content folder as you can see. I will re load everything and try it again then get back to you if I stil have problems. Thanks for all your help
Hi I have installed a new content folder and made new folders from inside imagevue but I still have the same problems
1) on mobile if you click events, our wedding, both photos and video folder have no image showing just a ?
2) on flash version mp4 will not play ( it plays perfect on both iPhone & iPad
Sorry to bother you again with this I am confused now