Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

10 May 2012, 03:44

schurdinand wrote:This would be quite interesting to know as I don't want to use the old html version. I never did before and had to activate the html gallery in order to use the mobile version. I would prefer only to use flash for pc and the mobile gallery for smartphones.
Well, this is exactly how it currently works. All smartphones and touchscreen mobile devices now see the mobile gallery, while desktops and laptop computers will see the flash version. The "html" version is currently just existing right now and would normally only be displayed in the very odd occasion when someone on a desktop/laptop has disabled the flash plugin. I don't see any reason to worry about this?
schurdinand wrote:- If a folder is used as a textpage and contains other folders as well, the mobile version does not show them. You can only see the textpage.
We have not taken much into consideration about folders that contain more subfolders, as well as content. We believe this is of slight disadvantage to the user, but I guess we may need to build a work around for it. I assume in the mobile gallery, folders/menu would need to go below the textpage content then unless you have some other suggestion?
schurdinand wrote:- When using the standard contact form it shows only English titles for the fields like "Your Name, Your E-Mail, etc.". Setting any other language as standard does not change this behavior.
Thanks. Will take a look ...

tfm426
Experienced

10 May 2012, 04:24

I am having trouble down loading the trial i have tried on both my work pc and laptop i click to save and it downloads 14k in 1 second then when i try to unzip it get an error any ideas? i am loged in as this user and i have tried loging out and back in but still the same..

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2012, 04:35

tfm426 wrote:I am having trouble down loading the trial i have tried on both my work pc and laptop i click to save and it downloads 14k in 1 second then when i try to unzip it get an error any ideas? i am loged in as this user and i have tried loging out and back in but still the same..
If you are having problems, just get it here:
https://www.photo.gallery/trial/imagevuex28beta.zip

tschortsch
Experienced

10 May 2012, 05:25

mjau-mjau wrote:We have not taken much into consideration about folders that contain more subfolders, as well as content. We believe this is of slight disadvantage to the user, but I guess we may need to build a work around for it. I assume in the mobile gallery, folders/menu would need to go below the textpage content then unless you have some other suggestion?
Well, I think this would be a good solution as far as it is possible.
mjau-mjau wrote:Well, this is exactly how it currently works. All smartphones and touchscreen mobile devices now see the mobile gallery, while desktops and laptop computers will see the flash version. The "html" version is currently just existing right now and would normally only be displayed in the very odd occasion when someone on a desktop/laptop has disabled the flash plugin. I don't see any reason to worry about this?
I guess most people will have a flash plugin already installed on their pc, google chrome brings this feature by nature, but I would prefer a tiny message for users to install the plugin instead of displaying the html version...

Will there be a way to show full justified text in mobile textpages?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2012, 06:23

schurdinand wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:Will there be a way to show full justified text in mobile textpages?
I don't see why not ... You should be able to access elements in the mobile gallery with custom CSS, but we will need to provide guidelines for this ...

Justified:

As opposed to left-aligned:

tschortsch
Experienced

10 May 2012, 08:12

Wow! This is great!

I can't wait for the guidelines for the custom css!!! :D

Pascal

10 May 2012, 08:24

I struggled a bit, but it's completely up and running now! Thanks for the great work! I love it!

freshit

10 May 2012, 08:58

Hey,

works the powerpack from artur with this beta Version?

Regards

Alex

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2012, 09:09

freshit wrote:works the powerpack from artur with this beta Version?
I suggest wait for confirmation from Artur for this. I believe he might need to make a few small changes.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

10 May 2012, 09:30

freshit wrote:Hey,

works the powerpack from artur with this beta Version?

Regards

Alex
Hello.

Not yet. The current version works only with X2.7.
Now I need to make some changes and this will be dedicated powerPack only for X2.8

I think you can expect new version arround the weekend.

freshit

10 May 2012, 09:59

Artur wrote:
Hello.

Not yet. The current version works only with X2.7.
Now I need to make some changes and this will be dedicated powerPack only for X2.8

I think you can expect new version arround the weekend.
sounds very good, thanks!

Pascal

Navigation issue in mobile section

10 May 2012, 10:22

I came across some sort of navigational issue using the mobile section of my website. If you select a gallery, sometimes when going back and forward in the same gallery, an extra " #/?" appears in the URL, which makes it stop working.

In stead of, for example www.pascalbudding.nl/?/Favourites/ - which would be working -, the URL then shows www.pascalbudding.nl/?/#/?/Favourites/ and doesn't work anymore. It is quite unpredictable when this happens, but after a while it always does.

Is this known? And what can I do about it?

Thanks!

waqaaz

10 May 2012, 10:48

I just loaded the beta version up directly to my root and now my website gets this error message

Fatal error: Declaration of Imagick::__construct() must be compatible with that of ivImageAdapterInterface::__construct() in /home/waqaaz/public_html/iv-includes/include/ivImageAdapterImagick.class.php on line 7

Any ideas??
Waqaaz Shah

phot-o-graphy.com

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

10 May 2012, 11:49

Pascal: Hope we'll sort it in a bit.

waqaaz: This error is caused by the version of Imagick that Imagevue can use now to create thumbnails is outdated on your server or something like this. Imagemagick support hasn't been extensively tested, could you please provide a login to your site?

Looks like we will have to include an option to disable it :/
firedev.com

Pascal

creating new folders in X2.8 ??

10 May 2012, 13:02

Thank you Nick for the reply!

Came across another issue: I can't seem to create new folders properly in 2.8b. In the admin panel a newly created folder with newly uploaded pictures keeps showing that it contains 0 pictures. But clicking on the folder will show the pictures anyway. The new folder also works properly in the mobile version, on my Mac also in HTML, but will NOT work in flash.
Isn't that strange?? Am I missing a setting here or is it a bug?

Thanks again!