Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

eskimo121
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

13 Jul 2012, 13:51

mjau-mjau wrote:
eskimo121 wrote:Hi I was just wondering if you could set a message at the Pre-loader while the site is loading. Right now it just displays a rotating circle something.
Many users think the website is blank and leave the website even before it loads in those few seconds...resulting in high Bounce rate and bad SEO.
Any way we can write a msg like "Loading..." or "Please wait" when the site is loading?
You mean they dont understand that the rotating rings mean something is loading? This is the universal language for loading something.

There is no "loading" text, but we could add it if strictly necessary, but it has never been requested before. I doubt it has a huge impact on the amount of people who leave the website instead of thinking "oh its loading something", and even for that low percentage difference, it would have a tremendously low impact on seo.
You maybe right about it for people in western countries with faster internet connections, but a lot of people from countries with slower connections and those who have not visited full flash websites before do not know what it means.
Sometimes they also fail to notice the small loader circle on the big screen. I dont mean to spoil the look of the site by adding some ugly "Loading" text, but maybe if its an option in the admin panel ..it'd be useful i guess.

ps: How did you guys add the social icons on the home of the demo page? (top right side)
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

eskimo121
Experienced

18 Jul 2012, 09:03

LOT of problems with imagevue and firefox 13 . tested on a lot of computers and different people. website menu does not open when mouse placed on it. images get stuck. screen doesnt move well. images load half..then slowly loads fully. etc

working normally on Chrome though.

any solution for this?

will be glad to provide screenshots or website if you want to check. :?:

:arrow: oh and its not just for my specific website, its the same for other sites with imagevue running too.
Thanks.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

19 Jul 2012, 03:44

Is there a link we could check? I just tried firefox on our own demo page and it seems ok. Firefox could display the about window from the first try though, but after a bit of prodding it turned out 13.1

Do you have the latest flash player installed?
firedev.com

infoBAR

19 Jul 2012, 07:20

Hi,
I just installed new Imagevue X2.8

Mobile is OK, but Flash is blank screen.
Take a look : www.infobar.ba/foto

what can be a problem?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

19 Jul 2012, 10:55

infoBAR wrote:I just installed new Imagevue X2.8

Mobile is OK, but Flash is blank screen.
Take a look : http://www.infobar.ba/foto

what can be a problem?
It works fine, you just need to empty your browser cache to make sure it loads the new SWF instead of the old cached one.

failax
Experienced

19 Jul 2012, 12:43

Is there a bug in the Illuminati Theme in the votes section?I see the script "undefined"

Here's the screenshot

http://img277.imagevenue.com/img.php?im ... _415lo.jpg

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

19 Jul 2012, 13:09

failax wrote:Is there a bug in the Illuminati Theme in the votes section?I see the script "undefined"

Here's the screenshot

Shouldn't be this written in powerpack subforum? :wink:

Go to your powerpack installator and check whether your SQL data is ok. (host name, user name, database name and password). I'm almost 100% sure that there's the problem.

failax
Experienced

19 Jul 2012, 13:20

Artur wrote:
failax wrote:Is there a bug in the Illuminati Theme in the votes section?I see the script "undefined"

Here's the screenshot

Shouldn't be this written in powerpack subforum? :wink:

Go to your powerpack installator and check whether your SQL data is ok. (host name, user name, database name and password). I'm almost 100% sure that there's the problem.

You are right as always :-)
Somethingh has gone wrong with the last installation of 2.8.1 power pack..:-)

eskimo121
Experienced

19 Jul 2012, 19:31

Nick wrote:Is there a link we could check? I just tried firefox on our own demo page and it seems ok. Firefox could display the about window from the first try though, but after a bit of prodding it turned out 13.1

Do you have the latest flash player installed?
**latest update: Happens the same on firefox 14 (latest) with latest flash player installed.

Yes, this is the website: http://amazingpics.net/

my firefox version: 13.0.1

every one visiting with a firefox has a bounce rate of xxxx% + (staying less than 30 secs). The same website with the exact same content used to have a bounce rate abt xxxx % a few weeks ago. It also worked fine at my end in the same browser (i did not update anything after that either) . I dont know what went wrong.

The problem persists after clearing the cache and everything. In fact it shows the same symptoms when tested on other laptops. I dont think its a problem with the number of images either as a smaller website with approx 100 pics with the latest imagevue has the same problem too.

Attached some screenshots of how the screen looks with the problems like mentioned in the previous post (menu does not open etc) : ignore the blank spaces below the image. Notice how the pictures and text get cut off, dont load properly. Other problems like Menu does not drop down when cursor placed over it , rough jagged movement of menu items etc.
Attachments
mzilla firefox prblem amazingpics.jpg
mzilla firefox prblem amazingpics.jpg (171.45 KiB) Viewed 74100 times
mozilla problem in amazingpics.jpg
mozilla problem in amazingpics.jpg (162.61 KiB) Viewed 74100 times
Last edited by eskimo121 on 20 Jul 2012, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

20 Jul 2012, 02:55

Checked in Firefox 13.0.1/Mac, Firefox 14/Mac, Firefox 6/Win, Firefox 12/Win everything seems fine. Firefox 14.0.1/Win threw up a couple of errors, but after I restarted it - everything was back to normal.

All in all, it looks like a local issue.
firedev.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jul 2012, 06:38

I can confirm no problem with Firefox 14.1/Mac. I also checked Firefox 14.1 visitor statistics for our Imagevue X2.8.1 demo gallery for the last few days:

Visits: 133
Pages/visit: 10.95
Avg. duration: 2min 22sec
Bounce rate: 2.25%
I heard there was some issue with mouse focus when navigating between lightbox and the flash gallery for FF 14.1, but the issues you report I can't find clues for. If Firefox manages to somehow mess up that bad, then their days are numbered. This is not something we can address in the imagevue code.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jul 2012, 06:42

Those screenshots look like something related to hardware/GPU/windows/memory usage ... Some kinda issue with the way FF is working with your GPU perhaps, a bit hard to say ...

I did notice you had a lot of images, and this should not have any negative effect. Perhaps your thumbnails ar a bit large? It listed two per page on my macbook 13", and that makes a bit too many pages to go through.

eskimo121
Experienced

20 Jul 2012, 08:53

mjau-mjau wrote:Those screenshots look like something related to hardware/GPU/windows/memory usage ... Some kinda issue with the way FF is working with your GPU perhaps, a bit hard to say ...

I did notice you had a lot of images, and this should not have any negative effect. Perhaps your thumbnails ar a bit large? It listed two per page on my macbook 13", and that makes a bit too many pages to go through.
thanks for checking Nick and Karl, it maybe something related to memory usage perhaps. About the thumbnail size: the same website used to work perfectly fine a few weeks ago on the same browser.
Perhaps something to do with the file cache on the computer i guess.
And the thumbnails are kinda large because i wanted the users to focus on only a few images at a time. yes it shows 2 on a 15 inch screen too.

ps: the threshhold for google's bounce rate is minimum 15 seconds. i was reporting the stats from another similar analytics site with 30 secs criteria. Anyway i edited my previous post removing the website stats frm there. Perhaps you may consider deleting your website stats from above too if you think it matters.

Thanks again for taking the time to test.
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

20 Jul 2012, 09:36

eskimo121 wrote:About the thumbnail size: the same website used to work perfectly fine a few weeks ago on the same browser.
It was just a general observation, somewhat unrelated but might mess with your browsers memory if there are some problems with the player and GPU somehow. As mentioned, it works fine here.
eskimo121 wrote:ps: the threshhold for google's bounce rate is minimum 15 seconds. i was reporting the stats from another similar analytics site with 30 secs criteria. Anyway i edited my previous post removing the website stats frm there. Perhaps you may consider deleting your website stats from above too if you think it matters.
I am not sure why this ha anything to do with the issue? Even if errors show up, likely someone spends more than 15 seconds on the website also, because it would normally take 15 seconds or more just to load the start page. Also not sure why I should delete those website stats. Its only for our demo gallery, over a 3 day period, and only for a single version of the Firefox browser. What does it matter? The bounce rate is obviously lower on Imagevue galleries, simply because it navigates faster to another page. This does not change the conclusion that FF14.1 users spend the same amount of time in the demo as other browser users, and basically hit the same bounce rate.

eskimo121
Experienced

20 Jul 2012, 12:20

eskimo121 wrote:ps: the threshhold for google's bounce rate is minimum 15 seconds. i was reporting the stats from another similar analytics site with 30 secs criteria. Anyway i edited my previous post removing the website stats frm there. Perhaps you may consider deleting your website stats from above too if you think it matters.
I am not sure why this ha anything to do with the issue? Even if errors show up, likely someone spends more than 15 seconds on the website also, because it would normally take 15 seconds or more just to load the start page. Also not sure why I should delete those website stats. Its only for our demo gallery, over a 3 day period, and only for a single version of the Firefox browser. What does it matter? The bounce rate is obviously lower on Imagevue galleries, simply because it navigates faster to another page. This does not change the conclusion that FF14.1 users spend the same amount of time in the demo as other browser users, and basically hit the same bounce rate.[/quote]

it does relate to the issue because staying for 15 seconds and leaving the website when nothing loads still shows up as a 0 % bounce rate. i was saying that ppl were staying for 15-30 seconds on my site, waiting for it to load, try to navigate, and still leaving because it didnt work smoothly. Anyway, since we are over that topic now, its irrelevant. ( i was saying that chrome users have approx 80 % less bounce than firefox users)
And about the deletion suggestion, i just said that because in some niche's where there is cut-throat competition that info is very valuable even if its just for 3 days. can guess the rest. anyway, if it doesnt matter let it be. its up to u. haha

have a nice day!
Thanks.