Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mkonrad

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

08 May 2012, 16:11

Re: A) We released a few fixes today, but we will be paying attention to visual glitches related to the jQuery Mobile engine. As long as nothing breaks, it is not critical at least. B) Unfortunately, phones (at least the ones I know) do not support FLV video, so initially the answer is no. However, iOS (ipad,iphone) and perhaps other platforms support some video formats like mp4, so we aim to create a player that supports these files inside the mobile version. However, it will still be a challenge then to maintain a gallery on multiple frontends which share the same folders.

I am aware flash is not an option, but i think my iphone has perfect video capabilities on youtube, vimeo and about every news site.
I really like the look of the new version and if videos would work i would rather force desktop users on this template to avoid compatibility issues than having to ask clients to use a real computer on order to see all content.
Maybe someone knows a workaround for externally hosted videos till we have an mp4 player...

grimurnet
Experienced

08 May 2012, 16:41

Html 5 has a video function that should work. And it is possible to style it with css3

Isn't it possible to implement that?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

08 May 2012, 17:06

The main problem isn't that the html5 can't play videos...
There's just different video format support for each platform (patents war). Flash AS2 can't play mp4's, but it can FLV's, mobile devices(apple) can't play FLV's, but they can mp4's. And so on...

sebster4

08 May 2012, 17:52

Hi,

It's not an important feature for me, but I don't see the buy / shopping buttons in the fotomto folder using an ipad 2.

Best regards
Sebastian

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 May 2012, 01:34

GeoPal wrote:on android if I enter more galleries and then choose some folder, i see thumbs but cannot maximize them.
Otherwise really nice design!
You mean you click a thumbnail and nothing happens? We have tested on Android, and could not re-create this issue, but we will keep an eye out.
grimurnet wrote:I'm only thinking of an option to hide folder from html, for instance folder with flv videos won't work in html, same with swf files. If it is possible to hide it, that would be great :-)
This will be added before final release shortly, but not in the public beta being released today.
grimurnet wrote:And also to be able to set different startpages for flash and html/mobile
The Mobile version simply does not use a startpage, so this is not a case - It just lists the root content. Besides, I dont think anyone wants to see a "startpage" for mobile? (Not that there are many options here anyway). However, the mobile site uses a custom "start heeader", which you can edit under the new settings -> mobile section.
Martin wrote:
grimurnet wrote:And also to be able to set different startpages for flash and html/mobile
Well... maybe that this would solve my problem with my thumbnails that jump to sub-folders...
I don't want them to be seen in html or mobile, but if it is possible to set different startpages and to hide/unhide folders in flash/html/mobile then I could make different menus for either of them....
I think... :)
Exactly! Lets explore solutions after release ...
Artur wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:(...)Therefore, we have now added navigation buttons to the image interface.(...)
They are overlapped with footer in horizontal mode (iOS)
Fixed. PS! You may need to clear your browser cache to find changes in our demo.
MichielsB wrote:The swiping functionality is (still) not working. So some kind of a next / previous button would be a good workaround... I Didn't saw them yet on the interface... (? bug)
The navigation buttons are definitely added. Try clearing your browser cache? For the swipe effect, I am not sure. We will have to test on further platforms ...
mkonrad wrote:I am aware flash is not an option, but i think my iphone has perfect video capabilities on youtube, vimeo and about every news site.
I really like the look of the new version and if videos would work i would rather force desktop users on this template to avoid compatibility issues than having to ask clients to use a real computer on order to see all content.
Maybe someone knows a workaround for externally hosted videos till we have an mp4 player...
Youtube, vimeo and other websites are dedicated hosted solutions that can convert videos to not only a handful of resolutions, but also several formats making them available to all devices. Anyway, I think you can expect a solution shortly with support for mp4 video in the mobile gallery. However, this solution is a bit tedious, because basically it would require you to setup one video folder for mobile (that is not supported by flash), and then one in flash with FLV (that is not supported on mobile).
grimurnet wrote:Html 5 has a video function that should work. And it is possible to style it with css3. Isn't it possible to implement that?
Yes. We will integrate this, but please read the above response.
sebster4 wrote:It's not an important feature for me, but I don't see the buy / shopping buttons in the fotomto folder using an ipad 2.
We originally thought this a bit useless for mobile, since its doubtful people will go through the somewhat tedious purchase process from a mobile device. However, especially for iPads, we see this might be necessary to have and there is no proper reason to exclude it. Expect Fotomoto purchase button available before final release, but not for the beta public later today. Also, don't expect too much from the Fotomoto purchase interface on small-screen mobile devices.

Will release public beta shortly!

GeoPal
Experienced

09 May 2012, 06:33

Karl, I don't see the problem today.... what I meant is that if I go deeper, I see thumbnails in folders but when I click on them, it didn't maximize /the single photo/. For some reason now is OK

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

09 May 2012, 13:18

miau-miau wrote:Fixed. PS! You may need to clear your browser cache to find changes in our demo.
Are you sure? :) There's no difference in this case. I turned on my old HTC with android (thoroughly clean browser) and this looks precisely the same.
There are screens:
iPhone 4s (Atomic, clean browser cache)

HTC Desire:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 May 2012, 14:15

Artur wrote:Are you sure?  :)  There's no difference in this case.
I am quite sure, I just checked myself and this changed from earlier today. Unfortunately, there is a cascade of caching issues going on which likely are preventing some users from seeing the very latest changes of the gallery at times:

1. We use Cloudflare as a content delivery network, and they often cache files on servers. Although we have been purging cache from cloudflare lately, there still might be some caching issues.

2. Proxy servers seem to be caching a lot of stuff (For example from here, I cannot currently run the gallery at www., because some proxy server on my ISP seems to be caching some files. I can however run the gallery from non-www).

3. Browser caching. Sometimes its hard to get rid of.

Best way is to get the beta (in next post), and try it yourself!

Optionally, you can try to access the gallery from this URL: [link removed] ... It may help load uncached data.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 May 2012, 14:30

Ok, here is Imagevue X2.8 public beta:
https://www.photo.gallery/download?imagevuex28beta.zip
* You may need to login before you can download

Install
Basically, if you have upgraded Imagevue earlier, then you are familiar with the upgrade process. However, you may consider uploading the new beta in a separate folder first just to make sure it runs properly. After upgrading/uploading your files, the new mobile version should automatically display for all mobile devices.

Settings
All settings for your mobile gallery are located under admin -> settings -> Mobile. Most settings are self-explanatory, but we will add more information and tips tomorrow.

Enjoy
If there are no catastrophes, we will launch X2.8 final next week, perhaps with a few added features. We will be setting up a separate forum for Imagevue Mobile, where features and bugs can be discussed.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

09 May 2012, 16:23

Karl, you were right, sorry :wink:

markam24
Experienced

09 May 2012, 17:10

Looks good -;)

There is an "email" function that raises some questions. An email link sent to a standard (PC) user (from a mobile user) points to the old html format. An email from the flash gallery to a mobile user results in a page error.

Is there a potential fix for this? If not is will there be a way to disable the email link function on mobile, as is with the flash gallery?

ALSO: Will PC users without Flash be directed to the old html format, or responsive page based on the mobile version? I ask because the html link in admin seems to point to the old html page unless the browser detects a mobile platform (or the mobile platform is activated via the "?mobile="1"" link as per your post).

All in All it looks EXCELLENT -;) I'm anxious to get home and try it out a bit more! Thank You!

Pascal

09 May 2012, 19:12

Apparently I'm doing some things wrong.
I've uploaded the beta. As a consequence my personalized theme completely quit functioning (folder my theme and it's contents still exists) and I can not get it back :-(.

Furthermore, I can't change most things in the admin panels any longer after log in - nothing will expand anymore! So I can't change things in the setup of the flash-site any longer and hardly anything in the mobile section, which therefore looks terrible. BTW swiping pictures and that sort of thing won't work either.

What am I missing??

alexhenes
Experienced

09 May 2012, 22:20

after loading mobile beta my flash site would get a message... script causing browser to run slow... terminate script? happened in chrome and firefox. could not get past this. re-installed previous version.
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 May 2012, 02:52

markam24 wrote:There is an "email" function that raises some questions. An email link sent to a standard (PC) user (from a mobile user) points to the old html format. An email from the flash gallery to a mobile user results in a page error.

Is there a potential fix for this? If not is will there be a way to disable the email link function on mobile, as is with the flash gallery?
Thanks. We will look into this issue.
markam24 wrote:ALSO: Will PC users without Flash be directed to the old html format, or responsive page based on the mobile version? I ask because the html link in admin seems to point to the old html page unless the browser detects a mobile platform (or the mobile platform is activated via the "?mobile="1"" link as per your post).
Well, the idea is that this is a version for mobile devices and touchscreens, where it undoubtedly has most of its advantages with focus on navigating with fingers and swipes. Of course, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to use this for desktop computers also, although it certainly isnt 100% optimized for this environment. Lets just put this on hold until 2.8 final at least?
Pascal wrote:Apparently I'm doing some things wrong.
I've uploaded the beta. As a consequence my personalized theme completely quit functioning (folder my theme and it's contents still exists) and I can not get it back :-(.

Furthermore, I can't change most things in the admin panels any longer after log in - nothing will expand anymore! So I can't change things in the setup of the flash-site any longer and hardly anything in the mobile section, which therefore looks terrible. BTW swiping pictures and that sort of thing won't work either.

What am I missing??
Perhaps you should upload the beta in a separate folder with the example content first, and check if it all works. Most likely the issue you are experiencing is a result of cached files in your browser and/or not all files upgraded. Can we have a link to your gallery so we can take a look please?
eh_ex wrote:after loading mobile beta my flash site would get a message... script causing browser to run slow... terminate script? happened in chrome and firefox. could not get past this. re-installed previous version.
Same as above. Can you install in a separate folder and see if works with example content? This is likely a cached file, or a file that didnt upload, or it could be the scripts did not upgrade your config first. Can you please post here immediately after you make another attempt so I can take a look?

tschortsch
Experienced

10 May 2012, 03:00

Hey!

Just tried the new 2.8 beta and love it!
markam24 wrote:ALSO: Will PC users without Flash be directed to the old html format, or responsive page based on the mobile version? I ask because the html link in admin seems to point to the old html page unless the browser detects a mobile platform (or the mobile platform is activated via the "?mobile="1"" link as per your post).
- This would be quite interesting to know as I don't want to use the old html version. I never did before and had to activate the html gallery in order to use the mobile version. I would prefer only to use flash for pc and the mobile gallery for smartphones.

- If a folder is used as a textpage and contains other folders as well, the mobile version does not show them. You can only see the textpage.

- When using the standard contact form it shows only English titles for the fields like "Your Name, Your E-Mail, etc.". Setting any other language as standard does not change this behavior.

Well that's all what I found while testing this cool mobile version. Thanks for your stunning work!