Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

localhost
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

07 May 2012, 04:22

Can't wait to get to download this version.... Beautifully made. Looks good on my iPhone 4s and iPad3.

Most of the bugs/comment i've seen had been already reported.

waqaaz

07 May 2012, 07:29

Looks awesome.... Really impressed
Waqaaz Shah

phot-o-graphy.com

grimurnet
Experienced

07 May 2012, 11:41

There is one option that would be useful. That is an option to hide folders from html gallery. Because sometimes it would be good to show some folders in flash and also the other way round.

tfm426
Experienced

07 May 2012, 11:50

I am not sure if you have loaded a different test file but if I go in to from my iPhone 4s the pages load but then flash as they are loading a second time. This didn't happen the first day I tried it.
The other question will it be possible to show video on the iPhone now with this mobile version?

Martin
Experienced

07 May 2012, 12:04

grimurnet wrote:There is one option that would be useful. That is an option to hide folders from html gallery. Because sometimes it would be good to show some folders in flash and also the other way round.
You were one step ahead of me... I totally agree!
This is a problem I have with the current html-site...

But it also would be nice to be able to hide some images.
In my flash-site i.e. I use some thumbnails to jump to sub-folders... these thumbnails should not be shown in html...

But maybe this last thing is too much to ask for... in that case I'll have to redesign my site...

kram66

07 May 2012, 18:46

This looks awesome, and no doubt, it will only improve!

Pascal

08 May 2012, 03:43

This looks absolutely beautiful! I have been waiting and hoping for this, so thank you for coming up with this!

It will make the maintenance of my website a lot easier not having to worry about two individual - flash and mobile - sites anymore! I hope it will be available for download soon.
Keep up the good work, you guys are awesome!

masquefotos
Experienced

08 May 2012, 04:12

Said Monday, but not which month :))
Greetings

mkonrad

08 May 2012, 08:14

top, thanks for the effort
will video galleries work???

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

08 May 2012, 13:15

MichielsB wrote:I tested the beta on a HTC radar (Windows phone) and it looked very nice. One remark: apparently it is not possible to navigate between pictures when viewing a gallery (next / previous). I always have to go back to the gallery and select another picture. I don't know if this behavior is by design or just a bug ?
Did you try to swipe? Android, windows and iOS should all support the "swiping" functionality, but it became clear to us that this feature is not bulletproof on all platforms, and maybe all visitors are not aware of it also, and expect some kinda navigation arrow button. Therefore, we have now added navigation buttons to the image interface.
grimurnet wrote:There is one option that would be useful. That is an option to hide folders from html gallery. Because sometimes it would be good to show some folders in flash and also the other way round.
We totally agree. Although we would prefer to avoid more clutter in the admin interface, this seems like a requirement in the current state of multiple frontends for multiple devices. Expect this feature integrated before final release.
Martin wrote:
You were one step ahead of me... I totally agree!
This is a problem I have with the current html-site...

But it also would be nice to be able to hide some images.
In my flash-site i.e. I use some thumbnails to jump to sub-folders... these thumbnails should not be shown in html...

But maybe this last thing is too much to ask for... in that case I'll have to redesign my site...
See answer above. Unfortunately, I don't think we can add checkbox selectors for each and every file though.
tfm426 wrote:I am not sure if you have loaded a different test file but if I go in to from my iPhone 4s the pages load but then flash as they are loading a second time. This didn't happen the first day I tried it.
The other question will it be possible to show video on the iPhone now with this mobile version?
A) We released a few fixes today, but we will be paying attention to visual glitches related to the jQuery Mobile engine. As long as nothing breaks, it is not critical at least. B) Unfortunately, phones (at least the ones I know) do not support FLV video, so initially the answer is no. However, iOS (ipad,iphone) and perhaps other platforms support some video formats like mp4, so we aim to create a player that supports these files inside the mobile version. However, it will still be a challenge then to maintain a gallery on multiple frontends which share the same folders.
mkonrad wrote:top, thanks for the effort
will video galleries work???
See the answer above.
masquefotos wrote:Said Monday, but not which month :))
Greetings
The month was May, but we lied about the day. We released a bunch of minor fixes tonight, and if there are no major complaints over night, we will be releasing public beta tomorrow (Wednesday). Scouts honor ...

GeoPal
Experienced

08 May 2012, 13:16

on android if I enter more galleries and then choose some folder, i see thumbs but cannot maximize them.
Otherwise really nice design!

grimurnet
Experienced

08 May 2012, 13:42

I'm only thinking of an option to hide folder from html, for instance folder with flv videos won't work in html, same with swf files. If it is possible to hide it, that would be great :-)
And also to be able to set different startpages for flash and html/mobile

Martin
Experienced

08 May 2012, 14:14

grimurnet wrote:And also to be able to set different startpages for flash and html/mobile
Well... maybe that this would solve my problem with my thumbnails that jump to sub-folders...
I don't want them to be seen in html or mobile, but if it is possible to set different startpages and to hide/unhide folders in flash/html/mobile then I could make different menus for either of them....
I think... :)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

08 May 2012, 15:38

mjau-mjau wrote:(...)Therefore, we have now added navigation buttons to the image interface.(...)
They are overlapped with footer in horizontal mode (iOS)

MichielsB

08 May 2012, 15:50

mjau-mjau wrote:
MichielsB wrote:I tested the beta on a HTC radar (Windows phone) and it looked very nice. One remark: apparently it is not possible to navigate between pictures when viewing a gallery (next / previous). I always have to go back to the gallery and select another picture. I don't know if this behavior is by design or just a bug ?
Did you try to swipe? Android, windows and iOS should all support the "swiping" functionality, but it became clear to us that this feature is not bulletproof on all platforms, and maybe all visitors are not aware of it also, and expect some kinda navigation arrow button. Therefore, we have now added navigation buttons to the image interface.
The swiping functionality is (still) not working. So some kind of a next / previous button would be a good workaround... I Didn't saw them yet on the interface... (? bug)

kind regards