Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

03 Jul 2012, 05:37

oneANT wrote:and could I ask for the mobile css code to remove the thumbnail image from a text page. I saw this mentioned in an earlier page and it would be great to distinguish a text file set up with the email form.
Sorry, you cant just remove thumbnails from textpage with CSS. We are looking into an issue for this currently, and there should be some 2.8.1 release soon.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

03 Jul 2012, 10:29

Correction. There are no thumbnails on Textpages, see for yourself https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/?mobile=1#/about

We display subfolders after the textpage, but there is no reason not to show them.
firedev.com

eskimo121
Experienced

04 Jul 2012, 15:03

I have my gallery up and running successfully with a lot of photos. However heres something I would like to resolve:

My image is colliding and mixing with the controls below the image (Right below the image where you have the arrow controls and Image 1/3 etc ). How can i "lift" or move the image higher so a part of the image does not get overlapped by the controls? There is ample space above the image where it can be moved.
Can i do this through the admin panel?
I have attached an image below illustrating the problem:
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (52.26 KiB) Viewed 80847 times
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Jul 2012, 07:33

eskimo121 wrote:My image is colliding and mixing with the controls below the image (Right below the image where you have the arrow controls and Image 1/3 etc ). How can i "lift" or move the image higher so a part of the image does not get overlapped by the controls? There is ample space above the image where it can be moved.
Good question. The effect you see is a culmination of multiple factors, including theme, image margins, thumbnails sizes, maincontrols style and other settings, as well as current image zoom, and visitors screen size. There are many ways around this depending on how you imagine it ...

Personally I think its fine if the control hover over the image ... after all, they are only active when mouse hovers in bottom area. However, then one would need to style the buttons with less transparency, and also make sure they dont overlap the frame, but instead always remain over the image.

Optionally, as you suggest, you can move them to the top of screen. Go to admin -> settings -> controls.maincontrols.align, and set "T" for "Top". You my also need to deactivate locktothumbnails and autohide if you move to the top.

Alternatively, could also increase the image margins and/or reduce thumbnail size ion the thumbnail scroller, and therefore leave more space to have the controls below the image.

Tell me how it goes ...

Cloud Nine

06 Jul 2012, 09:45

Hello Imageveu Team,

first i want to say "I <3 IMAGEVUE" and really great work with the version to 2.8 ... the mobile version is amazing!

But i have a really big problem with the update to 2.8:

i uploaded and overwrite all files without /content and /iv-config to my host, and it don´t work.

i got this ERROR if i go to my domain:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www/htdocs/w00e1877/salzburg/iv-includes/include/ivMapperXmlFolder.class.php on line 179

what is wrong here?

at the moment my website works, i uploaded and overwrite my old files from the backup, but i want to update to 2.8

What i must do?

please please help me ... Thanks a lot

greets from austria

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

06 Jul 2012, 12:18

Sorry about that, you probably have a really big folder tree and Imagevue is unable to rebuild the cache in time after the upgrade. At the moment the only solution is to move the folders out of the content folder and then add them in packs, refreshing the admin or the front-end.

This will allow Imagevue to rebuild the cache in parts. We're thinking on how to improve this though.
firedev.com

Cloud Nine

06 Jul 2012, 13:50

Nick wrote:Sorry about that, you probably have a really big folder tree and Imagevue is unable to rebuild the cache in time after the upgrade. At the moment the only solution is to move the folders out of the content folder and then add them in packs, refreshing the admin or the front-end.

This will allow Imagevue to rebuild the cache in parts. We're thinking on how to improve this though.

No problem Nick, you and mjau mjau make a great work, i really love imagevue.

Thank you for your help, I think this will be the problem.

I have folder 1268 and 59 905 files.

I will try your advice on monday. At the weekend we have over 30,000 visitors this is not a good time for a test.

Hope it works. I say to you, then if it worked.

I wish you a wonderful weekend.

greets

eskimo121
Experienced

09 Jul 2012, 06:26

mjau-mjau wrote:
eskimo121 wrote:My image is colliding and mixing with the controls below the image (Right below the image where you have the arrow controls and Image 1/3 etc ). How can i "lift" or move the image higher so a part of the image does not get overlapped by the controls? There is ample space above the image where it can be moved.
Good question. The effect you see is a culmination of multiple factors, including theme, image margins, thumbnails sizes, maincontrols style and other settings, as well as current image zoom, and visitors screen size. There are many ways around this depending on how you imagine it ...

Personally I think its fine if the control hover over the image ... after all, they are only active when mouse hovers in bottom area. However, then one would need to style the buttons with less transparency, and also make sure they dont overlap the frame, but instead always remain over the image.

Optionally, as you suggest, you can move them to the top of screen. Go to admin -> settings -> controls.maincontrols.align, and set "T" for "Top". You my also need to deactivate locktothumbnails and autohide if you move to the top.

Alternatively, could also increase the image margins and/or reduce thumbnail size ion the thumbnail scroller, and therefore leave more space to have the controls below the image.

Tell me how it goes ...
You're right there are a lot of variables and after some testing I found the best option for my site is to either 1. Lessen the Image margin value under Settings--> Image-->image
so the controls go below the image on stage.
(Or) 2. Uncheck the 'LocktoThumbnails" and increase the Margin under Settings-->Controls-->Main controls so the controls go on the image.

Setting it to the "T" top position with a low margin (so it doesnt collide with image titles/names) works too. So gotta decide between those 3 options.

thanks for the ideas.

All other options and combination of options are making it only look less aesthetic.
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Jul 2012, 08:25

eskimo121 wrote:You're right there are a lot of variables and after some testing I found the best option for my site is to either 1. Lessen the Image margin value under Settings--> Image-->image
so the controls go below the image on stage.
(Or) 2. Uncheck the 'LocktoThumbnails" and increase the Margin under Settings-->Controls-->Main controls so the controls go on the image.

Setting it to the "T" top position with a low margin (so it doesnt collide with image titles/names) works too. So gotta decide between those 3 options.

thanks for the ideas.

All other options and combination of options are making it only look less aesthetic.
Agreed. Thanks for feedback ...

We did in fact by default set the image margin so that it just contained the thumbnails and controls below the image, without overlaying. However, since that time, we increased the default thumbnails size so that the scroller below is slightly taller. Perhaps we need to re-amend ... or maybe a better solution would be to preset/lock the height of the thumbnails in the thumbnail-scroller, so that we have full control of the height and layout ... :|

eskimo121
Experienced

09 Jul 2012, 08:59

mjau-mjau wrote: Agreed. Thanks for feedback ...

We did in fact by default set the image margin so that it just contained the thumbnails and controls below the image, without overlaying. However, since that time, we increased the default thumbnails size so that the scroller below is slightly taller. Perhaps we need to re-amend ... or maybe a better solution would be to preset/lock the height of the thumbnails in the thumbnail-scroller, so that we have full control of the height and layout ... :|
Locking would be a good idea so the whole layout doesnt "move" and become fluid like the responsive templates these days. or when You move from normal to fullscreen.
One thing i noticed is even When you set the Control to the "T" position, the whole bottom area activates when you move the mouse anywhere below it(on the picture etc) and all of them hide only when you move the mouse "above" the controls in that small remaining area. So essentially when you have it in the Top position all the controls remain visible all the time and theres no 'fullscreen experience' .
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

09 Jul 2012, 10:31

eskimo121 wrote:Locking would be a good idea so the whole layout doesnt "move" and become fluid like the responsive templates these days. or when You move from normal to fullscreen.
One thing i noticed is even When you set the Control to the "T" position, the whole bottom area activates when you move the mouse anywhere below it(on the picture etc) and all of them hide only when you move the mouse "above" the controls in that small remaining area. So essentially when you have it in the Top position all the controls remain visible all the time and theres no 'fullscreen experience' .
Also when you disable the controls.maincontrols.locktothumbnails setting?

eskimo121
Experienced

09 Jul 2012, 12:27

mjau-mjau wrote: Also when you disable the controls.maincontrols.locktothumbnails setting?
Yes after you disable Locktothumbnails and Move the controls to the top , placing the mouse anywhere below it (anywhere on the screen infact since its at the top) activates the whole area (whole screen) and therefore the controls and thumbnails do not hide.
If the controls are at the bottom (with or without lockthumbnails) it works fine and everything hides normally for a fullscreen experience.

example: http://amazingpics.net/test/#/places/gothenburg.jpg

only when you move the mouse to the left most edge of the screen do the controls hide, else they stay visible.
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

10 Jul 2012, 14:46

This is something we need to look into on a specific basis ... Thing is, the hover effect to toggle display the controls, was built mainly for the bottom part of the screen for the area below the image. If you are setting controls to another location (like the top), you would need to disable the maincontrols.autohide and maybe also disable locktothumbnails I believe.

eskimo121
Experienced

13 Jul 2012, 09:09

Hi I was just wondering if you could set a message at the Pre-loader while the site is loading. Right now it just displays a rotating circle something.
Many users think the website is blank and leave the website even before it loads in those few seconds...resulting in high Bounce rate and bad SEO.
Any way we can write a msg like "Loading..." or "Please wait" when the site is loading?
Thanks.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

13 Jul 2012, 11:56

eskimo121 wrote:Hi I was just wondering if you could set a message at the Pre-loader while the site is loading. Right now it just displays a rotating circle something.
Many users think the website is blank and leave the website even before it loads in those few seconds...resulting in high Bounce rate and bad SEO.
Any way we can write a msg like "Loading..." or "Please wait" when the site is loading?
You mean they dont understand that the rotating rings mean something is loading? This is the universal language for loading something.

There is no "loading" text, but we could add it if strictly necessary, but it has never been requested before. I doubt it has a huge impact on the amount of people who leave the website instead of thinking "oh its loading something", and even for that low percentage difference, it would have a tremendously low impact on seo.