Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

27 Jun 2012, 05:23

tfm426 wrote:[Hi I have installed a new content folder and made new folders from inside imagevue but I still have the same problems
1) on mobile if you click events, our wedding, both photos and video folder have no image showing just a ?
2) on flash version mp4 will not play ( it plays perfect on both iPhone & iPad
Sorry to bother you again with this I am confused now
I don't get why you are posting this here, expecting answers, yet on your website you still have the demo content. How do you expect me to diagnose this? This is what I see on your website, which seems to be working fine:

If you check our demo gallery, you will find that MP4 video players on both mobile and from flash, and there are no issues with missing images.

VDF

27 Jun 2012, 13:12

Great update, is the documentation regarding the installation available yet?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Jun 2012, 04:33

VDF wrote:Great update, is the documentation regarding the installation available yet?
About the features, or about how to upgrade?

Overview of the features can be found in the link below, but we will be launching a separate document about the mobile version within a few days:
https://www.photo.gallery/blog/imagevue-x28-mobile/

Upgrade?
Depends what version you are currently on, but generally speaking: Simply upload and overwrite ALL files and folders, except "iv-config" folder and your "content" folder.

VDF

28 Jun 2012, 09:11

Thnx. yes, I meant to upgrade/install the update.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Jun 2012, 09:26

VDF wrote:Thnx. yes, I meant to upgrade/install the update.
We updated the docs here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

28 Jun 2012, 12:38

mjau-mjau wrote:
VDF wrote:Thnx. yes, I meant to upgrade/install the update.
We updated the docs here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/upgrade-imagevue/
Hi Karl.

Perhaps I misunderstand something, but if so, explain me please how my custom theme will be updated if your recommendation is to delete All folders with exception "iv-config" and "content" only.
What about my images and CSS then?, because in X2.7(at least X2.7.5) they were in iv-includes/themes/[my theme]/.
In iv-config/[my theme]/ was only themeConfig.xml file.
Also my languages were in iv-includes/language/[my language.xml] (at least X2.7.5).

Martin
Experienced

28 Jun 2012, 16:51

With the 2048x1536-pixel resolution of an iPad, I think it would be wise to size the images likewise.
Now, my images have the resolution of 1200x800, but when viewed an ipad it does not look good because of the fact that the image is scaled larger than 100% to fit the screen. To set Scale Limit on true does not prevent it.

So, I think I have to re-create all my images with a resolution of 2048x1365 (3:2).

Is this reasoning sound?

Timberwolf47

29 Jun 2012, 12:06

I have installed version 2.8 and i works great.
I have a question how do i change the background an button colors for the mobile version.
I want it in black, if possible of course.

Thanks

Rob

globetrotter
Imagevue Expert

29 Jun 2012, 13:02

You can change this in the control panel, see: https://www.photo.gallery/blog/mobile-guide/
Rene
http://www.globetrotternet.nl/

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jul 2012, 08:57

Artur wrote:Perhaps I misunderstand something, but if so, explain me please how my custom theme will be updated if your recommendation is to delete All folders with exception "iv-config" and "content" only.
What about my images and CSS then?, because in X2.7(at least X2.7.5) they were in iv-includes/themes/[my theme]/.
In iv-config/[my theme]/ was only themeConfig.xml file.
Also my languages were in iv-includes/language/[my language.xml] (at least X2.7.5).
If you are editing CSS files or images manually, then this you need to take into consideration, but we do not recommend manually editing files in iv-includes. If you use the admin to create and edit themes, they are stored in the iv-config folder ... yes, both the CSS and any images. Any theme you create now, is entirely stored in iv-config. Even in 2.7, you cannot create a new theme without "create new from this theme", which stores the theme entirely in iv-config.

That is the entire point, to have ALL your custom changes stored in iv-config, and nothing but imagevue-native files in iv-includes for simpler upgrades. 100%

The same goes for languages, although you are right that this was earlier stored in iv-includes. Also, as we recommend just "uploading all files", this will normally lead to the FTP program overwriting all files with the new files, but keeping custom files (for example a custom theme folder you have).

There is also a merge script which moves some custom configs after upgrade where necessary.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jul 2012, 09:17

Martin wrote:With the 2048x1536-pixel resolution of an iPad, I think it would be wise to size the images likewise.
Now, my images have the resolution of 1200x800, but when viewed an ipad it does not look good because of the fact that the image is scaled larger than 100% to fit the screen. To set Scale Limit on true does not prevent it.

So, I think I have to re-create all my images with a resolution of 2048x1365 (3:2).

Is this reasoning sound?
Thats a big question, and there is a lot of compromise involved. Technically, yes, your images will look best on an iPad3 retina if you have resolution 2048 px ... However, keep in mind that they will not look better on ipad or other any mobile platforms that dont have that screen size, and 2048 px will be 4 times the file size as 1024. File size? Remember viewers are on mobile platforms with sometimes limited bandwidth, and might not wish to wait for half a megabyte instead of 125kb.

I would disagree that "it does not look good". Just because ipad3 has retina, does not mean the images look any worse than on an ipad1 and 2 ... in fact it will look almost identical. This is quite normal on mobile devices these days, and it is only a bonus option if you want to adress the increased pixel density of the iPad3 ...

Keep in mind that images are always scaled to fit screen on ipad or any other mobile device, even ipad3. This is normal. Perhaps you should check the demo gallery from an ipad1/2 and an ipad3? You wont see much difference if any at all ... and we use quite small images 600 or 800 (although I would have preferred to have 1024).

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jul 2012, 09:21

Timberwolf47 wrote:I have installed version 2.8 and i works great.
I have a question how do i change the background an button colors for the mobile version.
I want it in black, if possible of course.
What buttons? Did you try the "Dark" theme (under mobile settings)? You can edit CSS if you are proficient with CSS, but you would need to read from the source what classes to edit, and then apply it under admin -> settings -> custom css -> mobile gallery css

There is no easy way to edit the styles and themes of the mobile version, unless you wish to edit the CSS.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

01 Jul 2012, 09:23

VDF wrote:Great update, is the documentation regarding the installation available yet?
https://www.photo.gallery/blog/mobile-guide/

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

01 Jul 2012, 10:13

mjau-mjau wrote: If you are editing CSS files or images manually, then this you need to take into consideration, but we do not recommend manually editing files in iv-includes. If you use the admin to create and edit themes, they are stored in the iv-config folder ... yes, both the CSS and any images. Any theme you create now, is entirely stored in iv-config. Even in 2.7, you cannot create a new theme without "create new from this theme", which stores the theme entirely in iv-config.
I'm not quite sure why, but on my X2.7 (which is my main site: phillip.com.pl) all I have regarding themes in iv-config/ is my custom theme folder with themeConfig.xml file only. No CSS, theme background images and any custom alnguages...
I do use admin panel for creating themes, editing CSS and settings :roll:

winph
Experienced

01 Jul 2012, 11:21

question: how come when i upgraded to 2.8 i can't access my imagevue via www.domainname.com but i can view my site without www.