X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

fsfs
Experienced

Re: Imagevue X2.8 Mobile Gallery Beta

02 Jul 2012, 07:23

Hi,

Great product!

if I've a password on an album it still can be accessible if they enter the entire URL to the album. Something we can remove? (something like useswfaddress) ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2012, 07:55

Artur wrote:I'm not quite sure why, but on my X2.7 (which is my main site: phillip.com.pl) all I have regarding themes in iv-config/ is my custom theme folder with themeConfig.xml file only. No CSS, theme background images and any custom alnguages...
I do use admin panel for creating themes, editing CSS and settings :roll:
I am not sure in what version it changed. However, how it works now, your entire theme gets stored in iv-config, including any CSS files. Also, when upgrading from 2.7, Imagevue will attempt to move your custom theme files from iv-includes to iv-config.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2012, 07:58

winph wrote:question: how come when i upgraded to 2.8 i can't access my imagevue via http://www.domainname.com but i can view my site without www.
What exactly do you mean "cant access"? It is there and does not load, or what? or it displays some entirely different page? Got a link?

Likely this is simply your cache or some proxy cache, meaning its loading an older incompatible version of the SWF or even other files. Imagevue does not do any redirections and everything is relative to gallery location, so it has no impact on this.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2012, 08:00

fsfs wrote:if I've a password on an album it still can be accessible if they enter the entire URL to the album. Something we can remove? (something like useswfaddress) ?
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, do you have a link/example? Imagevue passwords work for Imagevue. If someone accesses your images from outside of the imagevue application (by knowing their path), then there is no password ... unless you set passwords with custom htaccess files. As for folders, normally your server should prevent folder listing by default ... Is this not the case?

fsfs
Experienced

02 Jul 2012, 09:48

mjau-mjau wrote:
fsfs wrote:if I've a password on an album it still can be accessible if they enter the entire URL to the album. Something we can remove? (something like useswfaddress) ?
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, do you have a link/example? Imagevue passwords work for Imagevue. If someone accesses your images from outside of the imagevue application (by knowing their path), then there is no password ... unless you set passwords with custom htaccess files. As for folders, normally your server should prevent folder listing by default ... Is this not the case?
Sorry I've set a password on main folder http://213.65.122.24 and viewing the site works perfectly on a computer.

But on mobile version it gives away the folder to the picture. So my "people" can share the URL/?/Gallery/January/Party/blabla.jpeg from their cellphone and then people can view it on PC/Mac without even have to type the password in - okey I get it...

But it would be nice, as you said prevent folder listing, as it does when watching the site from a computer.

Am I missing a setting on the mobile version?

PS: I've .htaccess on main folder

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2012, 10:23

As long as you are using the mobile version (or even the flash version) and it is open to the public (from shares or other), then you are also making your files available. The mobile version needs to use the paths to navigate the gallery, else it would not be able to. Even if we encrypted it to some ID that doesnt follow a path, anyone with some basic knowledge could just check the the source and see where images are being loaded from.

Furthermore, you are aware that /?/Gallery/January/Party/blabla.jpeg does not give away the true path? They would still need to locate the name of the "content" folder that comes before the gallery path. If they find this out (which is not too difficult), then they would be able to find the path anyway.

Most importantly though, you don't have your folders protected properly. Is this a home server?

It should be like this:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/content/super/

Not like this:
http://213.65.122.24/content/Gallery/20 ... mmardagen/

fsfs
Experienced

02 Jul 2012, 10:30

mjau-mjau wrote:As long as you are using the mobile version (or even the flash version) and it is open to the public (from shares or other), then you are also making your files available. The mobile version needs to use the paths to navigate the gallery, else it would not be able to. Even if we encrypted it to some ID that doesnt follow a path, anyone with some basic knowledge could just check the the source and see where images are being loaded from.

Furthermore, you are aware that /?/Gallery/January/Party/blabla.jpeg does not give away the true path? They would still need to locate the name of the "content" folder that comes before the gallery path. If they find this out (which is not too difficult), then they would be able to find the path anyway.

Most importantly though, you don't have your folders protected properly. Is this a home server?

It should be like this:
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/content/super/

Not like this:
http://213.65.122.24/content/Gallery/20 ... mmardagen/
Ohh okey... have to live with this then to have the mobile version enabled :)

Hmm I thought the .htaccess blocked folderlisting. What am I doing wrong?

Yes it's a home server

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jul 2012, 10:32

fsfs wrote:Hmm I thought the .htaccess blocked folderlisting. What am I doing wrong?
I am not 100% sure, but this is something with the apache server config file, I assume you are running apache under wamp or mamp perhaps? Nick might be able to contribute when he is around.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

02 Jul 2012, 12:06

You got to add .htaccess file with this line in the gallery root folder, or disable indexes in httpd.conf globally:
Code
Options -Indexes
firedev.com

fsfs
Experienced

02 Jul 2012, 14:22

Nick wrote:You got to add .htaccess file with this line in the gallery root folder, or disable indexes in httpd.conf globally:
Code
Options -Indexes

thanks Nick & mjau, but it didn't work for some reason :P - I even had it on the .htaccess file

If someone wonders...

I tried in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
Code
<Directory /var/www/>
		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
		AllowOverride None
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
	</Directory>
Changed:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
to
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

restart apache

oneANT
Experienced

02 Jul 2012, 22:01

so far I've read up to pg20 and jumped in line to ask a Q so if its already answered between 20 & 28 then know that 2012 is the year of stupid Question.

I see some users are adding everything to the mobile gallery, but I want to be more portable and just list a single folder and another that just contains recent photos. So I'm asking if there will be any future option to display a folder that is one of any number in a sub folder. I unchecked mobile[x] in the the parent folder but see that this disables all folders contained in that parent. Not the end of the world as I might consider moving this single folder to its own folder on the desktop menu ...but a question is a question.

And somewhere in here I have to insert the words 'freak'n awesome'

AWESOME & FREAK'N

Ant.

Martin
Experienced

03 Jul 2012, 02:18

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:With the 2048x1536-pixel resolution of an iPad, I think it would be wise to size the images likewise.
I would disagree that "it does not look good". Just because ipad3 has retina, does not mean the images look any worse than on an ipad1 and 2 ... in fact it will look almost identical.
Hi Karl,

Yes, you're right... a 1200x800 sized image does indeed look good on both the iPad2 and on the iPad3!
The fact that the iPad3 has 2048x1536-pixel resolution, does not mean that the image is shown more coarse.
I could only now borrow both iPads to take a good look at my images on them.

The reason I thought it would look not good was because I was looking at the mobile version on a large pc-screen (1920x1200). On that one a 1200x800 completely upscaled does indeed not look good, but an iPad is not a 24 inch screen, but only 9,5 inch.
On a 9.5 inch one does not see the coarsness that is the result of scaling up an image from 1200 to 2048.

oneANT
Experienced

03 Jul 2012, 05:00

and could I ask for the mobile css code to remove the thumbnail image from a text page. I saw this mentioned in an earlier page and it would be great to distinguish a text file set up with the email form.

Ant.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jul 2012, 05:29

oneANT wrote:I see some users are adding everything to the mobile gallery, but I want to be more portable and just list a single folder and another that just contains recent photos. So I'm asking if there will be any future option to display a folder that is one of any number in a sub folder. I unchecked mobile[x] in the the parent folder but see that this disables all folders contained in that parent. Not the end of the world as I might consider moving this single folder to its own folder on the desktop menu ...but a question is a question.
It is smart to spend some time considering what folders you want for the mobile version. Most mobile visitors just wanna see a important pages, and wont be spending hours going through heavy folders anyway. I would consider even having some entirely segregated content.

I don't quite get your question though. You have "folder/subfolder", and you want to disable "folder" for the mobile, but you want "subfolder" to still be available? That is not logical in my mind. Where would it display this folder if it is inside a hidden folder? Why disable the parent folder if you want some of the content to display? Unfortunately, you would need to do it the hard way, and simply specifically hide the individual folders, that is unless you can safely hide an entire folder.

Optionally, you can think "out of the box", and create a separate folder for the mobile that is ONLY for mobile. For example you could duplicate the folder/subfolder, put it in root, and set it to display on mobile-only.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jul 2012, 05:34

Martin wrote:...
Good observations there.