Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MikeR
Experienced

Re: PowerPack for Imagevue X2.8β (β3 or above)

12 Jun 2012, 04:49

Ok thank you, I'll try the new beta when it will be released

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 14:44

Everytime I update Imagevuex I have to reinstall PowerPack and make all adjustments again. Isnt there a smoother way when upgrading?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

12 Jun 2012, 14:49

1. Upgrade Imagevue first:
mjau-mjau wrote:(...) for Imagevue it is like this:

Just drag and upload ALL files from the unpacked released version, overwriting all your existing content, EXCEPT "content" (your files, folders and descriptions, and "iv-config" (any custom configurations you have made).
2. IMPORTANT -> Don't open your gallery and imagevue admin panel yet! (because when you do that right after upgrading imagevue, all powerpack setting will disapear)

3. Reinstall powerpack:

- Go to your powerpack installator page (http://www.yoursite.com/extras/powerPack) and check all tabs on top (you will probably only need update files and CSS).
- Now you can open your gallery and imagevue admin panel.

recman
Experienced

12 Jun 2012, 17:05

Artur wrote:1. Upgrade Imagevue first:
mjau-mjau wrote:(...) for Imagevue it is like this:

Just drag and upload ALL files from the unpacked released version, overwriting all your existing content, EXCEPT "content" (your files, folders and descriptions, and "iv-config" (any custom configurations you have made).
2. IMPORTANT -> Don't open your gallery and imagevue admin panel yet! (because when you do that right after upgrading imagevue, all powerpack setting will disapear)

3. Reinstall powerpack:

- Go to your powerpack installator page (http://www.yoursite.com/extras/powerPack) and check all tabs on top (you will probably only need update files and CSS).
- Now you can open your gallery and imagevue admin panel.

Thanks, will try that next time.

fcicconi

17 Jun 2012, 08:37

Hallo, I upgrade PowerPack for imgevue X2.8 Beta, I followed the istructions
I reinsert my CSS but in the setting Theme I don't found my original theme That in iv-config exist..
How can I do?

<< 1. Upgrade Imagevue first:
mjau-mjau wrote
(...) for Imagevue it is like this:

3. Reinstall powerpack:

- Now you can open your gallery and imagevue admin panel.>>

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

17 Jun 2012, 08:59

Hello.

Since Imagevue X2.7 there are few basic changes in the gallery file structure.

First of all, in X2.8 all your custom themes are stored in folder:
Code
iv-config -> themes ->
Also theme config.xml and CSS file are created there (in your custom theme folder).

In X2.7 your custom theme folder was created in:
Code
iv-includes -> themes ->
theme config XML file in:
Code
iv-config  -> [your custom theme] -> themeConfig.xml
and CSS file in:
Code
iv-includes  -> [your custom theme] -> imagevue.css
So, if you are upgrading from X2.7 make sure that you have done backup of your old theme folder:
Code
iv-includes -> themes -> [your custom theme]
and your custom theme config file:
Code
iv-config -> [your custom theme] -> themeConfig.xml
Don't forget also about your gallery config file:
Code
iv-config -> config.xml
Once you made backup of these folders/files you can upgrade imagevue to X2.8 in the way as was suggested.

After upgrade, you can restore your custom theme folder in:
Code
iv-config -> themes ->
Rename your old theme config file:
Code
themeConfig.xml
to:
Code
config.xml
and put it to your custom theme.

I know it's a little complicated, but there's no other way since X2.8 file structure was modified.

fcicconi

19 Jun 2012, 10:27

Thank you, I don't know how can I mantain all mt interface, with the same comand that I made in the 2.7 version. Have I to remake all?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

20 Jun 2012, 11:49

fcicconi wrote:Thank you, I don't know how can I mantain all mt interface, with the same comand that I made in the 2.7 version. Have I to remake all?
What do you mean by "command"?
Basicly, everything works in the same way as it was in powerPack V2.0 for Imagevue X2.7.

General settings in your admin panel, under powerPack tab;
Appearance settings in your theme settings, under powerPack tab;
CSS styles in your main CSS stylesheet (Theme);

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

21 Jun 2012, 04:42

Normally Imagevue should update itself and rename configs and move files where needed by itself.
firedev.com

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

21 Jun 2012, 09:53

Nick wrote:Normally Imagevue should update itself and rename configs and move files where needed by itself.
Yes, in case that powerPack was not installed.
When PP is installed and you try to upgrade imagevue, the user configs (themeConfig.xml and config.xml) are updated without all powerPack nodes (they are just deleted from xml's, because imagevue thinks that they are old junk). Only the original gallery settings are retained in the user config.

domnick0
Experienced

25 Jun 2012, 13:35

If i use the current powerpack version do I need to worry about any updated imagevue options not being available by the overwriting of the xml files by powerpack?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

26 Jun 2012, 12:54

You mean your pure gallery settings (just and only gallery default settings) or powerPack settings in config?

If you worry about just gallery config, then you shouldn't to - nothing wrong happen with the config and all your settings will stay not touched :wink:

The powerPack settings you may lose if you open the admin panel and save config without reinstalling powerPack previously.
So, if you want to keep your powerPack settings to, just reinstall your powerPack right after you upgrade imagevue files.
You don't even need to delete "extras" folder from your ftp within upgrade imagevue, just leave the folder along your new imagevue files.

gaitt
Experienced

03 Jul 2012, 10:24

Hey Artur,

is there some news on powerpack for Imagevue X2.8.
I've PowerPack V2.1 (Imagevue X2.8) installed and currently everything works fine. I've just the mail notification feature on comments which is not working.
If you have any clue.

Is there a way to send mail notification to other address, excluding the "Imagevue admin" address" .

Thx.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

03 Jul 2012, 10:35

Hello.

I have already a new version for X2.8 ready (a lot of improvements and new features -> a little info). :wink:
But I'm waiting for the next Imagevue update (because it will works only with the new X2.8, probably called: X2.8.1)...
gaitt wrote:Is there a way to send mail notification to other address, excluding the "Imagevue admin" address" .
Yes, but then you'll have to edit "message_writer.php" file... Something like this:
Find code:
Code
$address = $_POST['emailAddress'];
and replace it with your email:
Code
$address = "your_email@.com";
Or if you want to send to more than one email:
Code
$addresses = array("your_email_1@.com", "your_email_2@.com", "your_email_3@.com");
foreach ($addresses as $address) {
    PHPMailer::sendMail($address, $header_info, $bottom_info, $header, $subject, $mmsg);
}
gaitt wrote:I've PowerPack V2.1 (Imagevue X2.8) installed and currently everything works fine. I've just the mail notification feature on comments which is not working.
If you have any clue.
Are you check this on admin account? If so, you'll not get email notification as you write comments yourself. :wink:
In other case I'll need to check what's going on...

gaitt
Experienced

03 Jul 2012, 10:59

All right, i was loged in! Everything works as expeted now.

BTW, i would love to see in next powerpack release a mail notification feature on "new photos"! It can be hard to develop, but very usefull to me and surely to others.

Anyway, keep up the good work.