Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

paydayMARK
Experienced

Re: New HTML Gallery suggestions please!

16 Feb 2012, 18:03

GREAT JOB TILL NOW! I am so pleased by what you did with this! I know you'll find a solution to be able to embed YouTUBE videos :)

cheongphoto

28 Feb 2012, 06:04

cheongphoto wrote:I hope we have a gallery theme like this :mrgreen:
---

When you use iphone browser --- gallery, will show themselves as a mobile/smartphone versions
sorry for miss the link:
http://portfolio.cheongphoto.com

bixo
Experienced

28 Feb 2012, 16:11

My wishlist:
- possibility of no folder hierarchy, the actual version needs too many clicks to get to the content
- startpage with mainmenu and or slidepage and direct access too portfolios
- images use the whole screen, at least on iPhones, no no navi buttons, small social buttons if necessary, certainly not on top of images, ability to turn functions, decriptions, etc of
- images turn and resize to full screen when hardware is rotaded
- no buttons or clicking but sliding to the next or former images
- not to much bloading of the gallery. imagevue is getting loaded with functions, shop, social media, keep it a simple and fast way to show selected media
- use as much of iOS or Andrroid build in technology, scrolling, menues, navi as possible

some examples, but there are better ones out there:
http://www.matthewmahon.com/
http://peterrigaud.com/en/places/aethiopien
http://www.chasejarvis.com/#s=0&mi=2&pt ... 1&a=0&at=0

Thanks for keeping teh work up!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

28 Feb 2012, 17:07

bixo wrote:- possibility of no folder hierarchy, the actual version needs too many clicks to get to the content
interesting... Perhaps you don't know how to correctly configure current version?
bixo wrote:- startpage with mainmenu and or slidepage and direct access too portfolios
Same as above...
bixo wrote:- images use the whole screen, at least on iPhones, no no navi buttons, small social buttons if necessary, certainly not on top of images, ability to turn functions, decriptions, etc of
What about navigation then?
Turn off functions and decriptions, works already...
bixo wrote:- images turn and resize to full screen when hardware is rotaded
I'm sure that mobile browser do this trick :wink:
bixo wrote:- no buttons or clicking but sliding to the next or former images
Works already...
bixo wrote:- not to much bloading of the gallery. imagevue is getting loaded with functions, shop, social media, keep it a simple and fast way to show selected media
Don't you think that others may need some more functionality?
bixo wrote:- use as much of iOS or Andrroid build in technology, scrolling, menues, navi as possible
Agree...
Honestly? this would be a big step back compared to current version.
Btw, your examples are flash galleries...

bixo
Experienced

28 Feb 2012, 17:58

Hi Arthur,
the current version with lightview is not working on my iPhone or iOS Simulator. Therefore I can't commet too much on the latest version.
The normal html version works but lacks most the above functions.
I don't like the folder on the first page and the the thumbnails (folders) representing categories, even the contact and about page.
Give me menu only with categories maybe one pic, and then direct access to the portfolios.
This is my input. I know how to configure imagevue. Navigation like Photos.app on iphone, no need for buttons, intuitive.
People may need the functionality and it"s ok as long as I can turn it off. Turned of music from day one for example. With each update, I have to turn off more stuff however.
I think a mobile version should work differently and offer a different functionality from the desktop versions.
Above examples are not flash only as Imagevue. Check them out on your iPhone and check this out
https://www.photo.gallery/demo/x2/?p=html&lightview=true
Tell me if it works on your IPhone? THis would help me.
Your comments are not of much help to me. Everybody may have his own ideas about how a gallery should work.
You sell powerpacks, guestbooks and functionality. I live from my work as a photographer and know what my clients are looking for.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

28 Feb 2012, 23:04

bixo wrote:I think a mobile version should work differently and offer a different functionality from the desktop versions.
Just for the record, this post is not about mobile versions of Imagevue. We already have pretty clear ideas about how to proceed with that, and will be releasing something interesting for 2.8. As you insinuate, for the mobile versions it should merely feel a bit like photos.app, and there should not be too many bells and whistles. This thread however, is to accumulate ideas and opinions for a future modern html version for desktops, eg. computers that DO have flash installed, but whereas the html gallery comes along as a natural competitor. The current html version was something we did not put much time into, as it was just meant as a fallback frontend, so obviously it can be much improved in terms of design and functionality. Also because we can ...

Christopher
Experienced

02 Mar 2012, 04:31

alexwise wrote:I'd love to see some designs similar to Cargo Collective http://cargocollective.com/showcase
+1

localhost
Experienced

02 Mar 2012, 20:07

Any chance that auto-publish from LIGHTROOM can be done like the 500px?... or we have one already.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Mar 2012, 22:23

localhost wrote:Any chance that auto-publish from LIGHTROOM can be done like the 500px?... or we have one already.
We will definitely consider this, but perhaps only after we have released a new html+mobile platform, Imagevue 2.8.

paydayMARK
Experienced

02 Mar 2012, 22:40

mjau-mjau wrote:
localhost wrote:Any chance that auto-publish from LIGHTROOM can be done like the 500px?... or we have one already.
We will definitely consider this, but perhaps only after we have released a new html+mobile platform, Imagevue 2.8.
Once again: you're doing an amazing job! :) Can't wait for the next release!

grimurnet
Experienced

03 Mar 2012, 09:27

I don't know if someone has seen this gallery (html5) I really like this look http://www.tn3gallery.com/

Edit: I want to add, This was only to give you guys an idea of how I would like the new version 2.8 to look like or at least in that direction
Last edited by grimurnet on 03 Mar 2012, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

paydayMARK
Experienced

03 Mar 2012, 10:04

grimurnet wrote:I don't know if someone has seen this gallery (html5) I really like this look http://www.tn3gallery.com/
I agree. That looks pretty nice.
I still need a youtube video embed in the text pages.
But getting back to the Html, I would like a website like look, or something like a photo album on a table or something like that that in the mobile format would stack on the high and would have navigation buttons on the top instead of the tree menu.

Once again: AMAZING JOB! LOVE IT!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

03 Mar 2012, 12:19

grimurnet wrote:I don't know if someone has seen this gallery (html5) I really like this look http://www.tn3gallery.com/
Yes, and this is exactly what I would like to see as imagevue v2.8 HTML (personally) :wink: .

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Mar 2012, 23:29

Interesting. Personally I find that tn3 gallery slightly unstylish, and perhaps more as an in-page gallery module. Slideshow functionality is quite satisfying, but the method of selecting folders and imagining textpages/modules inside does not seem appealing. The original module is embedded in a scrollable window, but the module itself is not scrollable. I prefer to use native browser scrolling to navigate through amounts of context, but maybe that is because I am using a macbook with superior trackpad?

mwr
Experienced

07 Mar 2012, 19:25

I'll summarize what I've read here that strikes me as right.

1. Presentation similar to the current one, including full-res display if space available or high-quality downsizing if space not available for full res.

2. One image upload that automatically gets downsized (if necessary) and optimized for every device to be displayed on - computer monitor, tablets including iPad, smartphones, etc.