Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: New HTML Gallery suggestions please!

27 Nov 2011, 23:49

eh_ex wrote:Another suggestion would be to have an eye for performance and caching... especially for mobile devices.
"Performance" is not really related to the device, but instead the server that has to compile the content to display, so this is irrelevant if it is desktop or smartphone - Server performance is something we will always have focus on. The only performance, would be the frontend scripts that run effects and transitions, but since smartphones won't be running flash anyway, this will not be a huge issue.

Smartphones have the same kind of caching as desktop browsers, and there may be a few things we can keep in mind in this department for faster browsing. Smartphone version will certainly be more minimalistic ...

paydayMARK
Experienced

01 Dec 2011, 21:59

mjau-mjau wrote:
eh_ex wrote:Maybe a mobile theme/css that would meet the requirements I outlined
eh_ex wrote:1. Small Thumbnail Image for folder on left. Folder Description on right One folder per line. No horizontal scrolling
2. When you click on a folder you get either another list of folders... or group of thumbnails that take up the screen. No horizontal scrolling. Fit however many thumbnails fit across. Scroll vertically to see all thumbnails.
3. Click on thumbnail to get full image... fit to screen. Scroll left and right to go through all images
100% Agreed. In some sense, designing for smartphones is easier, because choices are limited and good functionality is more obvious on these devices. Hope you will see this soon ...
There are some good suggestions here and I think that if you find a simple way to simulate the flash version I think it's the best. In that way you keep it unique and I understood that you can do it just from CSS, I think. I don't know coding.

Look at Blogger... they came up with a simple CSS to acomodate mobile devices :)

And then I think it will be possible to embed youtube videos too... :)

alfie

03 Dec 2011, 08:21

I like the design here:

one image upload and it automaticaly gets resized and optimized for every single device

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

04 Dec 2011, 22:13

alfie wrote:I like the design here:

one image upload and it automaticaly gets resized and optimized for every single device
Thanks - Excellent link, and we will look at features ... Excuse me for censoring it public, but it would be incorrect to start promoting competing galleries in our forums.

erReSsePhoto

07 Dec 2011, 18:17

Hello, could you implement the ability to select the font size in the textpages?
Thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

12 Dec 2011, 03:11

erReSsePhoto wrote:Hello, could you implement the ability to select the font size in the textpages?
You can already set all font styles including font-size, from your theme CSS stylesheet. Read more here:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cssreference/

Scroll down to the "textpage" paragraph ...

alexhenes
Experienced

12 Dec 2011, 22:35

when I use the FB buttons to post a gallery to facebook it creates a link which works my desktop... ie. flash site... but on my droid it just links to the top of the html site... not the gallery or image. would be nice if this worked in the new version
Alex
https://www.merelyafleshwound.com
https://www.goldenbikeshop.com

Asmin

13 Dec 2011, 09:28

It would be nice to completely switch to html5 as Flash is dieing anyway. :roll:
P.S. No trolling intended - just saying what I see.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack

13 Dec 2011, 10:22

Asmin wrote:as Flash is dieing anyway. :roll:
I heard about this a looong time ago :lol:

Felix J
Experienced

15 Dec 2011, 17:10

Artur wrote:
Asmin wrote:as Flash is dieing anyway. :roll:
I heard about this a looong time ago :lol:
Flash might be 'dying' (whatever that means...), but I like it anyhow.. especially the Imagevuex flash gallery in which was the reason why I bought it in the first place... Having that said, I more than welcome further developement on the html version, but not to completely switch focus to html.
ArtGallerix - Painting Gallery!
Felix Jacobson Photo - Personal Gallery!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

16 Dec 2011, 03:13

This flash vs non-flash thing is a bit irrelevant to discuss really. No matter if flash eventually dies, in 1 year or in 10 years, here are some facts:

1. As long as flash provides something that either the visitor or website owner (often both) prefer, then it will be used and viewed. Why not?
2. There is already a html fallback version for non-flash devices, so this is not an issue, and we are looking to improve this.
3. Even if our new html version is so cool that website owners wish to replace their flash gallery, then go ahead. This is not something we need to decide for you.
4. In either case, this is a good reason to proceed with improved non-flash version, and keep on improving it. Which one the user prefers, taste and evolution will tell ... Even if one still prefers the flash version, this will be an improved fallback for non-flash devices.

paydayMARK
Experienced

02 Jan 2012, 17:00

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeello!!! :D

Once again: amazing job!
Now, it's true... I hit the wall with the android not wanting to play flash anymore and I am stuck...
I just found out the WIX is doing something pretty ok that I think you can try it too:
http://m.wix.com/index.html
or
http://www.wix.com/eteam1/mobile-site-b ... fe.compost

I would love to see something similar with your code and I know you can do it... I think it looks pretty ok for mobile devices and it's a good alternative until we find out what we can do better :)

By the way: how can they ad youtube video? I would love that too :)

What do you think?
I am trying to help because I would love to benefit from this :)

Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

03 Jan 2012, 00:02

Yup ... They have some examples of mobile/smartphone versions, and there will be similar options in next release of Imagevue.
paydayMARK wrote:By the way: how can they ad youtube video? I would love that too
Well, since this is a html gallery, its quite simple ... They just embed it, and it doesn't matter if its smartphone or not ... This is a bit more complicated with flash ...

paydayMARK
Experienced

03 Jan 2012, 00:31

mjau-mjau wrote:Yup ... They have some examples of mobile/smartphone versions, and there will be similar options in next release of Imagevue.
Can't wait for it!!! You got me excited now :) Thank you!

cheongphoto

16 Feb 2012, 17:42

I hope we have a gallery theme like this :mrgreen:
---

When you use iphone browser --- gallery, will show themselves as a mobile/smartphone versions