DELETED

Compatibility?

03 Oct 2006, 01:47

DELETED

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Compatibility?

03 Oct 2006, 02:26

johnnycat wrote:Is this /software/ compatible with Joomla?
I don't really have any experience with joomla and many similar content management systems, but what can be said for all of them - If they fulfill the two following requirements, you can be sure they will be able to handle Imagevue:
I wrote:#1 The server must support PHP, and have the GD2 extension enabled (Standard Imagevue requriements)

#2 You must be able to create templates or modify HTML code for the section where you want to include Imagevue or the Slideshow.
As for most systems, including joomla, Im sure they support #1 and pretty sure most allow for template modification also.

As for the Imagevue modules, its no big secret that the Slideshow module is more flexible to fit into any page at any size, as the Imagevue gallery requires minimal dimensions of 700x500.

If anyone is looking for help to embed Imagevue(or preferably the slideshow) into joomla pages, or any other public CMS, I would gladly hold their hand through the entire process and keep this thread updated in the process for the benefit of future users.

DELETED

Joomla!

12 Oct 2006, 19:22

DELETED

DELETED

phpnuke

27 Oct 2006, 12:26

DELETED

DELETED

27 Oct 2006, 13:10

DELETED

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

15 Nov 2006, 06:13

Want to clear up a bit - basically you don't need to know php - all you need a server which runs php (since joomla and other cms usually use php - this requirement is met), gd.dll needed only for automatic thumbnails creation and you can just ask your hoster to enable it if you dont have it.

Then all you need to do is basically put imagevue.swf inside your page content - that's what Karl tried to explain. If your cms allow direct HTML editing that wont be a problem.

After that swf will call php scripts it need and you do not need to do anything with them yourself.
firedev.com

lokki

18 Dec 2006, 00:21

So...

Anyone interested in working to develop a Joomla! component? I know just enough PHP to be able to follow along, but can't write it to save my life. However, I'm willing to give it a shot. PM me.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

18 Dec 2006, 10:18

Gotta say that you don't need anything - just embed swf into your page and it gonna work.
firedev.com

lokki

18 Dec 2006, 23:57

pain wrote:Gotta say that you don't need anything - just embed swf into your page and it gonna work.
I grok in fullness... what I hope to achieve is a unified interface for my own clients. I'd like to keep them from interacting with anything other than the Joomla! back end, if at all possible. The integration would also allow the media management capabilities to be leveraged (no, I'm not a manager), and perhaps some enterprising soul could find a way to put a couple of images into an article or newsletter using the imagevue 'engine' for display.

Yes, your suggestion is very easy, and I will use that method for some sites in the near future. But I really like the idea of moving towards an application-flavored website, and would also like to participate in developing what is likely to become an incredibly popular component.

ItchySox

20 Apr 2007, 04:40

Ello All, anything happening with the 'component' idea?

Oh and btw, it's taken me at well over a year to find my way back to this site after a loss of bookmarks because I couldn't remember what it was called!! I just happened to spot it on JD.com. Nice job folks.