Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

exid

Re: Imagevue PowerPack

04 Feb 2012, 04:19

Hi, Artur
I have some troubles with the News button ... when i click - screen shades and it gives me error message: undefined 1/NAN at the middle left edge of the screen and nothing more.
I also made textpage for a News on site ... it seems to work Ok but appears without any background box.

I wonder what it could be (i didnt change anything in News setting)
Any suggestion?

p.s mouse scroll doesn't ...scroll over texpages in google chrome (though it worked awhile ago)
p.s.2 in full screen view when i click to fill contact form it changes to normal view

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

04 Feb 2012, 08:18

exid wrote:Hi, Artur
I have some troubles with the News button ... when i click - screen shades and it gives me error message: undefined 1/NAN at the middle left edge of the screen and nothing more.
I also made textpage for a News on site ... it seems to work Ok but appears without any background box.

Any suggestion?
There can be a lot of reasons... Please post your gallery link first, so I can diagnose it...
exid wrote: p.s mouse scroll doesn't ...scroll over texpages in google chrome (though it worked awhile ago)
Works here...
exid wrote: p.s.2 in full screen view when i click to fill contact form it changes to normal view
It's because input fields in flash are not enabled in fullscreen mode (flash security reasons - related to adobe, not imagevue), so imagevue turning offl fullscreen when you are trying to type in input fields (it's nice and smart feature made by imagevue developers).

exid

04 Feb 2012, 08:29

Artur wrote:
exid wrote:Hi, Artur

Any suggestion?
There can be a lot of reasons... Please post your gallery link first, so I can diagnose it...
somehow i solved the problem ... i think the reason was bad cache or cookies in chrome ... (though im not 100% sure of it)
in ie all was fine (mouse scrolling also) so i decided to clean up cache and cookie files.
However now everything is allright, thanx.

erReSsePhoto

14 Feb 2012, 03:49

Hello, Arthur, I have a little problem with the News page. http://www.erressephoto.it/ #/content/Fresh%20Update/
Now you no longer see the photos, comments and votes.
I just tried to recreate the page and seems not work correctly.
What can I do to try to restore?

Thanks in advance

Riky

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

14 Feb 2012, 07:03

New installer is looking good Arthur :)

Still only have one request:

Comments are now saved as:
/extras/userFiles/comments/filename.xml

Thus a file like:
/content/folder1/filename.jpg
and
/content/folderxyz/filename.jpg
would both adress
/extras/userFiles/comments/filename.xml

Seeing as we have multiple filenames multiple times I wonder if you could make it save as:
/extras/userFiles/comments/parentfolder_filename.xml

That way comments would be possible to comment on all items without comment from another one being loaded.

Hope this makes sense :)
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

14 Feb 2012, 10:07

erReSsePhoto wrote:Now you no longer see the photos, comments and votes.
You have empty news.xml file, have you modified it manually?
You have to replace it by fresh one from powerPack package (extras/userFiles/news.xml).
Patrick_D1985 wrote: Seeing as we have multiple filenames multiple times I wonder if you could make it save as:
/extras/userFiles/comments/parentfolder_filename.xml
That way comments would be possible to comment on all items without comment from another one being loaded.
Even if I would make the whole new powerPack (because this will require build it almost from scratch) I'm sure that this will make a lot complications... The script in this case must be more "sticky" to imagevue for get to work copying / moveing / deleting / renameing files or folders from imagevue admin panel...
So, my answer is - I'll consider this if I'll make the new powerPack some day, but only if I'll need this in my gallery :wink: . The powerPack is not something that I earn money on. I do only things that I need in my personal gallery and I share it if somebody want.
Just look on activeden how much costs some simple flash files... :wink:

Patrick_D1985
Experienced

14 Feb 2012, 11:54

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply :)

Sure I know that resources can be pricy.
(I have licenses for multiple systems im using)

'Only' using the filename is fine if all pictures in your gallery have unique names.
As no comments will be requested for a double name.
But a lot of people tend to re-use filenames (as our photographers do)
And then well you are sorta screwed.

Don't see this as critisism ... it's only feedback to further improve your great work.

Further Im not saying you should offer it for free at all. It's nice you have done so don't get me wreng.
But sure you could ask a compensation for the work you have done on PowerPack.
I wouldn't mind having to pay for the powerpack if it would incorporate the above :)

Still none the less thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dankers
PFSquad : Party Freakz Online
Owner / Webmaster / Administrator / Head of Photography

erReSsePhoto

14 Feb 2012, 17:10

Artur wrote:
erReSsePhoto wrote:Now you no longer see the photos, comments and votes.
You have empty news.xml file, have you modified it manually?
You have to replace it by fresh one from powerPack package (extras/userFiles/news.xml).

Hi, Artur thank you ! Solved but in this days I've some problem with my hosting service, some corrupt files and slow navigation of my gallery.
Now it's ok.
I've tested also the rating module and the comments module and work fine.
Just a problems on email:
The vote module is OK, but the comments module have a vrong sender and a wrong CarbonCopy receiver in the email that I've received:
The sender is : Comment@w-05.th.seeweb.it
The CC receiver is : Riky@w-05.th.seeweb.it
It's a problem that I can solve ?

Another information about Languages selection on 2.0RC version
Now I've a world near fullscreen and news on site button, but when I click dont appears the Image near the languages selection.

Thank you ion advance.

Riky

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Feb 2012, 02:29

Awesome job with the Powerpack, Artur. I had a look around, and I think we will set up an example in our demo gallery soon also ...

One thing I came across - Would it not make sense to have CSS available for the footer? Instead of using old-school tags to format text output from settings, you could just pre-wrap in in your SWF:
Code
<p><span class="powerPack_footer">TEXT_FROM_DB_HERE</span></p>
... and then in CSS, you would of course have an option:
Code
.powerPack_footer {}
By applying the default CSS, this will also allow the default "body" style to apply on this text so that it inherits default fonts and colors etc.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

16 Feb 2012, 11:46

Patrick_D1985, Thanks for your comment.
As I said, I'll consider to add this in the future.
The compensation for the work I could ask, of course... But I've said many times - I'm not a big coder, my scripting knowledge is very low, so I can't fully support every piece of powerPack and take money for powerPack as "product"... The only thing I can do is sell source files as existing code (but without full support).
erReSsePhoto wrote:Just a problems on email:
The vote module is OK, but the comments module have a vrong sender and a wrong CarbonCopy receiver in the email that I've received:
The sender is just template from your server, because in comment module is no option for type commentor email address.
CC you can try edit in extras/powerPack/comment_system/message_writer.php file
Find line:
Code
$headers .= 'Cc: ' . $senderName . "\r\n";
and replace with:
Code
$headers .= 'Cc: ' . $email . "\r\n";
erReSsePhoto wrote:Another information about Languages selection on 2.0RC version
Now I've a world near fullscreen and news on site button, but when I click dont appears the Image near the languages selection.
You mean flag icon?
If so, you have to upload desired flag icon to folder: \iv-includes\images\icons\. The icon should be named same as your language and format must be .png (example: english.png)
mjau-mjau wrote:Awesome job with the Powerpack, Artur. I had a look around, and I think we will set up an example in our demo gallery soon also ...
Thanks, this would be nice :)
mjau-mjau wrote:One thing I came across - Would it not make sense to have CSS available for the footer? Instead of using old-school tags to format text output from settings, you could just pre-wrap in in your SWF:
Code
<p><span class="powerPack_footer">TEXT_FROM_DB_HERE</span></p>
... and then in CSS, you would of course have an option:
Code
.powerPack_footer {}
By applying the default CSS, this will also allow the default "body" style to apply on this text so that it inherits default fonts and colors etc.
Hmm... CSS in footer. This is some idea, but then I think will make some difficulty in customizing text. I've made it in HTML because then user can controll footer text apearance "on the fly", (put some words in green, some white, red, different fonts, sizes and decorations...)
But I'll look at this, thanks for your sugestion.

erReSsePhoto

16 Feb 2012, 15:53

Artur wrote:Patrick_D1985,
erReSsePhoto wrote:Just a problems on email:
The sender is just template from your server, because in comment module is no option for type commentor email address.
CC you can try edit in extras/powerPack/comment_system/message_writer.php file
Find line:
Code
$headers .= 'Cc: ' . $senderName . "\r\n";
and replace with:
Code
$headers .= 'Cc: ' . $email . "\r\n";
[.
Thanks for the answer but maybe I have not explained the problem as well.
If I use the module vote the e-mail arrives from address info@erressephoto.it that's the correct address, both as a recipient as the sender, and has no a CC recipient.
While using the feedback form I get an e-mail whose sender is Comment@w-05.th.seeweb.it (I dont know this address) as recipient is info@erressephoto.it and have a CC recipient Riky@w-05.th.seeweb.it (I dont know this address)
Proof that you told me I have to do it anyway?

Thank you and best regards

Riky

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Feb 2012, 23:47

Artur wrote:Hmm... CSS in footer. This is some idea, but then I think will make some difficulty in customizing text. I've made it in HTML because then user can controll footer text apearance "on the fly", (put some words in green, some white, red, different fonts, sizes and decorations...)
But I'll look at this, thanks for your sugestion.
I just figured this, because when I first set it up, I could not see my footer text ... after some back and forth, I could see it was actually there but in almost same color as background color and unformatted font (times new roman). With my theme in place with a body class that predefines font and default color, it would simply inherit this and slide directly into the theme. By default, I don't see why I wouldn't want it the same font as the rest of my theme ... if not, then there is the CSS. Besides, you can still use inline formatting.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

17 Feb 2012, 00:15

erReSsePhoto wrote:(...) Thanks for the answer but maybe I have not explained the problem as well.
Wait for final V2.0 (come soon), there will be better mail class :wink:
mjau-mjau wrote:(...) By default, I don't see why I wouldn't want it the same font as the rest of my theme ... if not, then there is the CSS. Besides, you can still use inline formatting.
Yea, You were right. I've made some quick tests and seems that CSS will do good job in footer too.
There's not so much work to change footer, so I will make it CSS in final V2.0 :wink:
Thanks Karl.

tfm426
Experienced

17 Feb 2012, 15:54

Hi i like the HTML formatting as i use an image and use the footer as a header. css would be fine as long as we could still use an image instead.

Artur with regard your comments some time back i have taken your advice and moved my site to a hosting company (one.com) and most things work much better than they did (as you said they would) but i just have 1 small thing now i cant work out email if someone rates a photo or if someone sends me an email with the contact us screen i get an email no problem. But if someone leaves a comment about a photo or leaves a message in my guest book i dont get any email informing me. I have looked in junk mail and nothing there. Any ideas?

erReSsePhoto

17 Feb 2012, 16:30

Artur wrote:
erReSsePhoto wrote:(...) Thanks for the answer but maybe I have not explained the problem as well.
Wait for final V2.0 (come soon), there will be better mail class :wink:
Sure, I look very happy