tfm426
Experienced

Re: Imagevue PowerPack

12 Jan 2012, 18:03

grimurnet wrote:You can also set the default timezone in php like this
Code
date_default_timezone_set('Iceland');
Change Iceland to the one you want. Hope this helps
Thanks for the code 2 things could you tell me where to inset it in the guestbook PHP and also i would like the date to how as 12-Jan-2012 22:38 at the moment i have $time = date ("d-m-y H:i",time()); this shows 12-01-12 22:38

tfm426
Experienced

12 Jan 2012, 18:06

when i add a comment from mysql to my guestbook it adds the corect time and date but when i add a comment from guestbook it show 1 year and 8 hours ahead any ideas this cant be a time zone issue surly?

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

12 Jan 2012, 23:25

tfm426 wrote:this cant be a time zone issue surly?
What do you mean? As I said - the time is not something I've made, it's taken by your PHP, if your PHP gives 8h++ this mean it's time zone issue surly...

I assume that you need PST (Pacific Standart Time - WA, OR, NV, etc...) timezone instead of GMT (if u are 8h ++). PHP you are using is running in UTC.
tfm426, are you able to provide me login/pass to your FTP and SQL?

grimurnet
Experienced

14 Jan 2012, 08:54

tfm426 wrote:
grimurnet wrote:You can also set the default timezone in php like this
Code
date_default_timezone_set('Iceland');
Change Iceland to the one you want. Hope this helps
Thanks for the code 2 things could you tell me where to inset it in the guestbook PHP and also i would like the date to how as 12-Jan-2012 22:38 at the moment i have $time = date ("d-m-y H:i",time()); this shows 12-01-12 22:38
You can put the code at top just after <?php or in the php.ini file

tfm426
Experienced

14 Jan 2012, 11:56

Time code works perfect thanks
i have 2 more isues guestbook now keeps crashing when you type data in to a field not all the time and for some reason the font style has changed it is fine while i type but when i click the tick it inserts the comment and changes the font i have tried setting the font in PHP but it makes no diffarance

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

14 Jan 2012, 12:17

guestbook now keeps crashing when you type data in to a field
What's mean crashing? What's happen then, it's disappear, you are getting some error message, or...?
for some reason the font style has changed
Where exactly?
i have tried setting the font in PHP but it makes no diffarance
PHP have nothing to fonts.

Please explain a little bit more clearly (or at least please use punctuation marks).

tfm426
Experienced

14 Jan 2012, 14:24

Sory for my quick post
1st when i open guestbook (in beta2) sometimes it will close for no reason as i am typing, no eror message. i could be typing in any box as it closes.
2nd when i open guestbook and type a message the type font is Arial but when i post the comment the screen refreshes and the font is now times new roman. i have tried to change this in css (sorry not PHP) by setting default font and comment font to arial but nothing changes.
I hope this explaines a bit better.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

14 Jan 2012, 15:01

tfm426 wrote:1st when i open guestbook (in beta2) sometimes it will close for no reason as i am typing, no eror message. i could be typing in any box as it closes.
I know about this. It's happen when server or user connection is slow. I'll try to fix this.
tfm426 wrote:2nd when i open guestbook and type a message the type font is Arial but when i post the comment the screen refreshes and the font is now times new roman. i have tried to change this in css (sorry not PHP) by setting default font and comment font to arial but nothing changes.
Input fields and output fields are not the same.
Input textfields have always default fonts(Arial). Output textfields (which displays all messages) are defined by CSS.
If you want Arial in message output, set it in this CSS section (Admin panel -> Themes -> Your theme -> Edit Stylesheet):
Code
.guestbook_comment {
	font-family: "Arial";
}
Save CSS and clear browser cache.

tfm426
Experienced

14 Jan 2012, 15:38

Thanks once again Artur i will owe you a drink by the time i have finished. not sure if i should post this here or not but is there a size limit to the number of photos a folder will hold? i uploaded 230 to a folder and changed the thumbs no problem but now the album will not open either in admin or when i run the site

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jan 2012, 03:14

tfm426 wrote:Thanks once again Artur i will owe you a drink by the time i have finished. not sure if i should post this here or not but is there a size limit to the number of photos a folder will hold? i uploaded 230 to a folder and changed the thumbs no problem but now the album will not open either in admin or when i run the site
Doubtful, and I don't see what this would have to do with Powerpack anyway. I would need a link to your specific folder to diagnose why this folder will not load ...

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

15 Jan 2012, 10:42

grimurnet wrote:...I was wondering, can you also have the option on adding uploaded pictures in the html uploader...
It's added now in V2.0 RC :wink:

grimurnet
Experienced

15 Jan 2012, 14:01

Artur wrote:
grimurnet wrote:...I was wondering, can you also have the option on adding uploaded pictures in the html uploader...
It's added now in V2.0 RC :wink:
Great thanks, I'll try it out :-)

tfm426
Experienced

15 Jan 2012, 16:54

i have just installed new powerpack 2 and have tried out comments and news. I have 2 questions 1st if i add a comment to a photo after i press send its shows no comments as yet on some photos. (but i do get an email with the comment so it must of been posted somewhere) this only happens to some photos, others in the same album work fine. 2nd question on the new photos tab what is the trigger for this to show i have tried adding new photos but it still shows 0

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

15 Jan 2012, 17:38

tfm426, I think all your problems with powerPack and gallery are related to your server configuration and server connection speed. I've tried open your gallery many times and your gallery go offline or suddenly stop loading anything...
Please don't understand me wrong, but I can't support you in this case :cry: .