X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

PowerPack For Imagevue X2.7

22 May 2011, 18:38

Hi!

There is my simple site, still in progress but I'm happy so far.
Still little problems with guestbook integration(text formatting and scrollbar), but step by step - slowly forward , I trying to make it similar to imagevue contact form :)

So, there you go:
http://phillip.com.pl

Kind Regards
Artur.
Last edited by Artur on 14 May 2012, 16:04, edited 2 times in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: My Site (in progress)

23 May 2011, 02:39

Looks nice! In my opinion, I would not use "uppercase" for the entire menu, but perhaps style it with CSS instead. Also, I would consider creating larger thumbnails.

grimurnet
Experienced

23 May 2011, 06:42

philip100 wrote:Hi!

There is my simple site, still in progress but I'm happy so far.
Still little problems with guestbook integration(text formatting and scrollbar), but step by step - slowly forward , I trying to make it similar to imagevue contact form :)

So, there you go:

Kind Regards
Artur.
I really like the "last added pictures" is that a script or is it manually inputed? Because if it is a script that displays the last added pictures, that is something useful :-)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

23 May 2011, 09:54

Thank You! :)

mjau-mjau, thank you for your suggestions. I also think about changing thumbnails size, and of course, I'll try to customizee CSS also, but everything will come in appropriate time.
There's just so much customizing possibilities - what makes me so happy. :D
grimurnet wrote: I really like the "last added pictures" is that a script or is it manually inputed? Because if it is a script that displays the last added pictures, that is something useful :-)
It's just movieClip which I have to edit everytime when I upload a new picture, no script used.
I will try to make special module which will "read" the new added pictures automaticaly, but I'm afraid that this will not be too easy for me (I know much more in AS3 than AS2).

Thanks
Artur.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

08 Jun 2011, 18:08

Still in progress...

I want to change bckgr for more bright, but viewing pictures with dark bckgr is much better, so Added "Light switch" button :)

And updated "Last Added Pictures" (now scrollable and editable from xml file)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jun 2011, 01:22

Wow, hehe very nice ... At least a fun creative touch. I imagine this is a SWF background with interactivity? Would be even cooler if it had a swift fade-in animation to the effect ...

Also liking your latest pictures module ...

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

10 Jun 2011, 19:19

mjau-mjau wrote:(...) I imagine this is a SWF background with interactivity?(...)
Yes, it is SWF :wink:
mjau-mjau wrote:(...) Would be even cooler if it had a swift fade-in animation to the effect ...(...)
Like you said, it's already done (and a little bit more...) :)
mjau-mjau wrote:(...) Also liking your latest pictures module ...
Thank You! :)

BTW. How can I move "Menu button" 20pixels down (Y Offset)?
In "control panel -> settings -> menu" is possible to change only "X Offset", so I think I should to edit ".mainmenu_menubutton" class in CSS stylesheets file, but I don't know what command I have to use...

Kind Regards,
Artur.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Jun 2011, 03:16

philip100 wrote:BTW. How can I move "Menu button" 20pixels down (Y Offset)?
In "control panel -> settings -> menu" is possible to change only "X Offset", so I think I should to edit ".mainmenu_menubutton" class in CSS stylesheets file, but I don't know what command I have to use...
The menu is actually "attached" to the top of the screen, so you can't really detach it ... You can increase the height of the menu button in your theme -> menu.mainmenu.menubutton_height. Optionally, there are some details here about displaying a logo above the menu, but this method actually disables the menu-button itself and just displays the expanded menu below your logo:
https://www.photo.gallery/documentation/cust ... -the-menu/

Forget about CSS, because CSS in Imagevue flash gallery is strictly used for text formatting and does not control layout in any way whatsover ...

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

30 Jun 2011, 17:08

Rating System added 8)

Still working on commenting system, but this will be a little complicated until I have only background to work on - just not so much space for commenting system... Any idea? :roll:

First my thought was, that I create an hidden text page and an comment button will linking to this page automaticly saving current image url into an XML file. Then in this Text page load comment module (SWF) which will read XML and based on saved url inside, loading data.... But this will be a little overcomplicated, I think...

Rating system I can share, but before it need some improvements ...

Martin
Experienced

01 Jul 2011, 02:00

philip100 wrote:Rating System added 8)
Nice!
Found my ratings? :)

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

01 Jul 2011, 15:32

Martin wrote:
philip100 wrote:Rating System added 8)
Nice!
Found my ratings? :)
Yes, ratings found in HDR's :D , Thank You.

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

26 Jul 2011, 20:35

Update there...

Comment system Added :D

Now I have everything I want 8) except the photographic talent :oops: :P

Martin
Experienced

28 Jul 2011, 03:56

Artur wrote:Comment system Added :D
Really nice!
I'm not sure if I want it myself... but in case someone does... are you willing to share it with others?
Artur wrote:Now I have everything I want 8) except the photographic talent :oops: :P
I like your photos!
And I like your startpage too... with the flying birds!

Artur
Imagevue PowerPack
Topic Author

28 Jul 2011, 07:42

Martin wrote:Really nice!
I'm not sure if I want it myself... but in case someone does... are you willing to share it with others?
Thank you.

Basicly, comment system make sense if will be integrated with imagevue and output displays around the picture (in shoutbox form). I'm agree with mjau-mjau, that people will not use comment system so often and it's more as feature than "must-have thing".
My comment-system version is little overcomplicated. There are some restrictions to make it works properly and for some it would need change folders structure (not so good for imagevue updates).

Would be much easier and without any complications if there will be possibility add an custom button appended to image Maincontrols, its function would be opening movieclip container at top of the gallery (same as "send image link" form) :roll: Like I wrote 3 posts ago - there is very hard to make some nice custom stuff until I have only background to work on :cry:

Anyway, if anybody would like to have this and is ready to pass some restrictions, there's no reasons that I will not share it. One of the restrictions is layout and some of the source files which I have bought there: http://activeden.net/item/comment-poster-reloaded/54953 . I don't know if It is still under licence, because I have changed almost 100% source code and big part of layout, but to be sure, better if interested people will buy his own licence...
Martin wrote:I like your photos!
And I like your startpage too... with the flying birds!
Thanks, sometimes in my head strange ideas are born :twisted:

BTW. thanks for adding a comments :wink:

frenshprince

28 Jul 2011, 12:58

What a wonderfull site :shock:

Everything seems well thought.

I haven't bought Imagevue yet, because I really need a "comment system"
And you succeed to include one :!:

WOuld that be complicated for a total newbee to do the same thing ?

But still, Congrats :D